good riddance!!

Posted via CBX
    01-15-18 10:10 AM
    You've had a year to buy Android phone. What's the problem?
    The problem is that many of us don't want to use Android, much less buy an Android phone.
    01-15-18 10:19 AM
    The problem is that many of us don't want to use Android, much less buy an Android phone.
    "Many?"
    01-15-18 10:22 AM
    no google. no facebook. no way!

Posted via CBX
    01-15-18 10:23 AM
    And by the way, that wasn´t the deal as announced by WhatsApp. They always said it would continue to work until number verification or fresh install would be necessary.
    No, people were just misreading the post in the final week for some reason.

Does this Android version has Hub notifications???
    You'll get Android bell notifications in the Hub but not Hub integration like the native app.
    01-15-18 10:26 AM
    Well then I guess you'll have to find alternatives like SMS/MMS. Obviously, WhatsApp has moved on to only support Android/IOS. There's another option for you, iPhone.
    01-15-18 10:27 AM
    good riddance!!

Posted via CBX
    And yet, you were trying to make Android WhatsApp work on your BB10 device.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...sions-1134982/
    01-15-18 10:30 AM
    Yes.. I am trying it now... Thanks... I am one of the guys who really feel very bad about being left out in this way... OS10 is to me the best OS I've experienced.. although I have bought a Priv; but till now don't want to leave my Leap.. thanks for the reply..
    01-15-18 10:31 AM
    And yet, you were trying to make Android WhatsApp work on your BB10 device.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...sions-1134982/
    yes, i was trying to make use of the android app with a lesser level of privacy intrusion. facebook doesnt work that way unfortunately.
    i've been on the bb10 whatsapp since before they changed their business model.

Posted via CBX
    01-15-18 10:47 AM
    i have installed the android version on my classic,and its kind of working,but i can't send media without developer mode on, and device password activated, but i dont like that way,is there any other way ?thx
    01-15-18 11:17 AM
    installed whats app plus on my wife's z30, seems to work, with a few bugs, but it does seem to have some hub integration, doesn't like to send pics but will forward them....straight install no sideload
    01-15-18 11:34 AM
    I don't send media on whats app for Android on Classic. Any solutions for this version on whats app?
    01-15-18 11:45 AM
    I can to send locations.
    01-15-18 11:50 AM
    I don't send media on whats app for Android on Classic. Any solutions for this version on whats app?
    Run this once,

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/60005088
    ARQ-Keighley likes this.
    01-15-18 12:08 PM
    I instal this aplication, but not work. I must to restart on telephone?
    01-15-18 12:14 PM
    use telegram/challegram. thank me later.

Posted via CBX
    01-15-18 12:17 PM
    I'm not suggesting for a second that the link you posted isn't legitimate and helpful.....but.....

I think it's a bit crazy to recommend that anyone install or run a file based on a "run this once" reference in a public message board.

Do people actually do that???

Posted with my trusty Z10
    01-15-18 12:20 PM
    Think we have to remember different parts of the world send messages in different ways

For me in the UK, to friends and family it's either SMS or facebook messenger

But..when doing business in either India, China or Indonesia they use WhatsApp the most by a mile

I believe this was because over WiFi, there was no cost, a quick cost affective way of sending messages with pictures or just text

For me, I have WhatsApp on my Android phone so that was fine but just out of curiosity and thought I would try it on my new Passport

I have no Google Play store ( it slows the Passport down, in my opinion) so my only opition was an APK

Downloaded a version for 2015, and to my total surprise it works

For how long, I am unsure but for now it works great

Worth a try,....nothing to lose,

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    01-15-18 12:34 PM
    Thank you! I have instal succesfully.
    01-15-18 12:36 PM
    I'm not suggesting for a second that the link you posted isn't legitimate and helpful.....but.....

I think it's a bit crazy to recommend that anyone install or run a file based on a "run this once" reference in a public message board.

Ideally everyone reads the app description.
    01-15-18 01:22 PM

This is 100% legit.
    01-15-18 01:27 PM
    Thanx guys for this solution!! And thanx to CellNinja for WhatsFixer! BB10 is the best!
    01-15-18 01:32 PM
    This is 100% legit.
    I absolutely believe you and Invictus0. That wasn't my point at all.

I'm just suggesting that people are much too cavalier about installing apps and software. The app store model creates a false sense of security that the apps have no risk, when EVERY piece of software, no matter how well screened, increments the risk on our platforms.

I work with clients every day who have lost control of sensitive information, and the number one root cause is a socially engineered hack that was initiated through an app from the Apple or Android app store.

01-15-18 01:50 PM
    I absolutely believe you and Invictus0. That wasn't my point at all.

I'm just suggesting that people are much too cavalier about installing apps and software. The app store model creates a false sense of security that the apps have no risk, when EVERY piece of software, no matter how well screened, increments the risk on our platforms.

I work with clients every day who have lost control of sensitive information, and the number one root cause is a socially engineered hack that was initiated through an app from the Apple or Android app store.

Anyone who is prepared to be violated by WhatsApp, probably wouldn't care too much even if it was a little iffy - which in this case it isn't. Frankly, it's this or nothing for using WhatsApp on BB10.
    01-15-18 01:58 PM
    Anyone who is prepared to be violated by WhatsApp, probably wouldn't care too much even if it was a little iffy - which in this case it isn't. Frankly, it's this or nothing for using WhatsApp on BB10.
    Agreed. I really wasn't suggesting that the app was iffy. Just reacting to how easily it is to get people to click a link in a forum to download an executable!

01-15-18 02:01 PM
154 12345 ...