The day is here, whats app stopped its support for my BlackBerry Passport. It displays a msg saying "You can't message to this chat because WA no longer support this phone". I've checked with my friends and verified that I am still in whats app groups. WA is an essential app in Malaysia as it is being used widely for job and social purpose, so I have no other choice than let go my beloved PP. It has been a wonderful device albeit some flaws, its' keyboard is the best I have ever used. Will keep my hope to have PP Android. KEYone next...

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    01-14-18 12:22 PM
    The day is here, whats app stopped its support for my BlackBerry Passport. It displays a msg saying "You can't message to this chat because WA no longer support this phone". I've checked with my friends and verified that I am still in whats app groups. WA is an essential app in Malaysia as it is being used widely for job and social purpose, so I have no other choice than let go my beloved PP. It has been a wonderful device albeit some flaws, its' keyboard is the best I have ever used. Will keep my hope to have PP Android. KEYone next...

Posted via CB10
    Why not install the Android app while you wait for your Keyone?

https://www.whatsapp.com/android/

Run this once after installing, it'll only work if you have an SD card.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/60005088

Don't forget to save any important chats in the native app before you migrate over.

https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/bb10/27571777
    01-14-18 12:26 PM
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    01-14-18 12:41 PM
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Maybe the o key is jammed in on your K1! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Vladislavt likes this.
    01-14-18 01:21 PM
    I'm one of the lucky guys who does not need to be reachable on WhatsApp. Installed BBM on my kids iPhones, and the rest can get lost. Tested the KeyOne for a few months a while back,, but the OS is pathetically poor in comparison with BB, so will stay with my Z30.
    01-14-18 02:17 PM
    I have also uninstalled WA on my Q5 and installed on my android tablet, but it's not essential to me at all. Most of my friends are on viber or telegram. But I also regret that only my wife is using BBM. 😢

About using android, like the OP have said, no android can reach those quick flowing on BB10, those quick resolving any tasks, those precise writings on PKB's, nothing. Except for watching movies maybe on the larger screens. Typing emails, sms's, copying, pasting anything anywhere, etc, etc, are on the side of our loved BB10. 😥

P. S. I have tried android WA on Q5, with the fixer, but decided to uninstall also, because WA became so slow, that I would rather stay without WA at all, than to use like this.
    Last edited by Vladislavt; 01-14-18 at 03:04 PM.
    01-14-18 02:50 PM
    ...Installed BBM on my kids iPhones, and the rest can get lost...
    Same here. I've installed BBM now on all our iPhones at home as well as on a few close friends'. And life is hunky dory
    01-14-18 03:14 PM
    I'm glad to hear it. If you want WhatsApp (and obviously don't value your privacy since you're comfortable letting Facebook monitor your communications within your network (not the contents of the messages, but the identities of all your contacts and the times of all your communications) , then you likely won't mind using Android or iOS, which are built on the same privacy model.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    01-14-18 03:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes Luke, I am your father.
    BoneMatrix likes this.
    01-14-18 03:39 PM
    I guess those who dont use WA as essential daily app can "get lost" somewhere else to comment. Not everyone is at your situation. In some countries, it is near impossible to live without WA, at this moment. So do not sit at your cosy comfort zone and talk nonsense without understanding others' dilemma.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-18 07:50 PM
    I guess those who dont use WA as essential daily app can "get lost" somewhere else to comment. Not everyone is at your situation. In some countries, it is near impossible to live without WA, at this moment. So do not sit at your cosy comfort zone and talk nonsense without understanding others' dilemma.

Posted via CB10
    You've had a year to buy Android phone. What's the problem?
    01-14-18 08:09 PM
    How can you not use WA when everybody does. What do you do for living?
    01-14-18 08:32 PM
    I talk nonsense from my cozy comfort zone.
    01-14-18 08:40 PM
    Did I say I have a problem? I just state the fact that I cant use my Passport with WA. It is saddening but I accept the fact. Where u saw me complaining or having a problem?? I simply waited for the final day so that I can use my PP for max. That's all. What is you guys' problem? That u MUST give a solution to everyone who doesnt even have a problem? Pathetic..

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    01-14-18 08:50 PM
    Did I say I have a problem? I just state the fact that I cant use my Passport with WA. It is saddening but I accept the fact. Where u saw me complaining or having a problem?? I simply waited for the final day so that I can use my PP for max. That's all. What is you guys' problem? That u MUST give a solution to everyone who doesnt even have a problem? Pathetic..

Posted via CB10
    Don't worry. Just sharing various solutions for your problems..
    01-14-18 09:07 PM
    I'm glad to hear it. If you want WhatsApp (and obviously don't value your privacy since you're comfortable letting Facebook monitor your communications within your network (not the contents of the messages, but the identities of all your contacts and the times of all your communications) , then you likely won't mind using Android or iOS, which are built on the same privacy model.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    I do mind using Android or iOS. But then whats the choice? BlackBerry themselves have deserted BB10 long back.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-14-18 09:14 PM
    I don't know a single person who uses WA. We just have no need for any messaging app really, here in North America. Sorry for your problem but it's time to move on.
    01-14-18 09:33 PM
    I don't know a single person who uses WA. We just have no need for any messaging app really, here in North America. Sorry for your problem but it's time to move on.
    Seriously, what do you do for living? And which country do you live in?
    01-14-18 09:35 PM
    Same for me with 99% of contacts. I have three contacts, one in Mexico and two in Peru. No reason in USA or Canada since we have SMS/MMS
    01-14-18 09:38 PM
    Seriously, what do you do for living? And which country do you live in?
    Pharmacist in Canada. Everyone in my circle uses SMS. I do have BBM contacts but only a few and I rarely use it anymore.
    01-14-18 09:40 PM
    Pharmacist in Canada. Everyone in my circle uses SMS. I do have BBM contacts but only a few and I rarely use it anymore.
    Good for you. The problem in my country sms/mms are not free of charge, phone call is expensive. So almost everyone prefer WA to text, send file, picture, video call, etc.
    01-14-18 09:53 PM
    Good for you. The problem in my country sms/mms are not free of charge, phone call is expensive. So almost everyone prefer WA to text, send file, picture, video call, etc.
    WhatsApp is still up. What's the problem?
    01-14-18 09:59 PM
    WhatsApp is still up. What's the problem?
    Not on OS10 since January 15.

Nothing like my SE
    01-14-18 10:23 PM
    Not on OS10 since January 15.

Nothing like my SE
    That was announced long ago. WhatsApp is still up and running still on the Android version. Everything ok?
    01-14-18 10:30 PM
    Although WhatsApp has around 1.2 billion active users worldwide, it's still location dependent.
    Wbere I live, it is rarely used. Most common messengers are FB messenger, Viber, and old school SMS.
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 01-15-18 at 05:16 AM.
    01-14-18 11:21 PM
154 123 ...