04-10-16 10:16 AM
84 1234
tools
    And if you pay attention, he basically saying 10.3.3 next month. So April it is.

Posted via CB10
    My thoughts exactly!!

03-18-16 08:09 AM
    If I have 50 friends who all use whatsapp and one continues to use an outdated platform that doesn't support whatsapp, Why would 49 people have to change just so one person using obsolete hardware can communicate with them. It's not just those people. It's all their friends who also use whatsapp. Everyone should change.
    I've never asked anyone to "change." If others want to use Facebook Messenger or WhatsCrapp or vanilla SMS to message each other, why should I care? I tell my friends and colleagues if they want to get hold of me, phone me, send me a text, or BBM me. Everyone I've ever asked to download BBM has said, "Sure;" and every one of those has come back and told me they think it's cool. I use BBM to communicate with friends and relatives in the US, India, and Saudi Arabia as well as my work team. Do I care what else they put on their phones? Not particularly.

Most of the BB/CB addicts have moved on.
    ...and yet, here you are.
    Mr.Conviviality and ravencore like this.
    03-18-16 08:52 AM
    Why does JC encourage BB10 fans to tweet to some stupid hashtag as if Facebook doesn't already know how many Blackberry 10 users use their services daily? Facebook can easily pull metrics on the exact number. In fact I'm sure they already have before they decided to pull the plug.

Bye bye Blackberry 10. Our time together has been short lived.
    heepman and Wybrem like this.
    03-18-16 10:19 AM
    Since when do the needs of the one or the few out weigh the needs of the many?
    Star Trek III: The Search For Spock.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

sirius27, JeepBB, mister2d and 5 others like this.
    03-18-16 11:32 AM
    Star Trek III: The Search For Spock.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

On a Geek site, I was expecting more people to get the reference. Thank you for noticing
    reeneebob likes this.
    03-18-16 11:56 AM
    Chen playing the BlackBerry brand-loyalty card (again) whilst the company itself treats existing customers with indifference.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-18-16 12:11 PM
    Mr. Chen tells dreadful lies.

Posted via CB10
    mister2d and Bluenoser63 like this.
    03-18-16 06:00 PM
    It simple - show real commitment to BB10 aka BB10 Priv, Qt 5 support and new APIs, marketing - and FB and WA might follow. And if you don't plan to support BB10, please don't lie about your commitment. As I can't trust BlackBerry, I can't buy Priv. LG V10 seems like my new phone. Passport SE is amazing, I even don't lack apps, I just hate when someone lies to my eyes...

Posted via CB10
    Thats where I ended up on a whim of a purchase. I don't regret it either.

9930>Q10>Playbook>Z30>Passport>Priv>V10
    03-18-16 06:35 PM
    Based not so much as the words, but on actions to date, I do not believe there is any real commitment to seek innovative solutions to the loss of the apps. While I do not use the apps, I do believe the loss of the apps continues to negatively impact BB's future.
    03-18-16 10:46 PM
    All the money MS has and Windows phone is floundering. Where do you think that leaves BlackBerry, who has limited funding to support an OS?

The fat lady is warming up on BB10.
    ricocan likes this.
    03-19-16 08:09 AM
    On a Geek site, I was expecting more people to get the reference. Thank you for noticing
    It's only logical.

*ME173X
    reeneebob likes this.
    03-19-16 08:21 AM
    Chen playing the BlackBerry brand-loyalty card (again) whilst the company itself treats existing customers with indifference.

I hate clicking "Like" button on these things... I don't LIKE that BB Management is treating BB10 enthusiasts with disregard if not outright contempt... I certainly agree with your point though.

Could we get a "Right ON!" or "oh no you di-int!" button?
    03-19-16 11:10 AM
    Search for spook was the film after the quote!!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 01:03 PM
    I was quite aware of what he was talking about. If I have 50 friends who all use whatsapp and one continues to use an outdated platform that doesn't support whatsapp, Why would 49 people have to change just so one person using obsolete hardware can communicate with them. It's not just those people. It's all their friends who also use whatsapp. Everyone should change. Since when do the needs of the one or the few out weigh the needs of the many? I look at my Z10 sitting on the shelf everyday. It pisses me off that BB screwed up so completely that they became irrelevant in an industry that they once led. It bothers me even more that the co CEO's walked away millionaires. It amuses me that I can read the stories here about how the BB and the Priv is the ultimate communications tool. I guess if Email, phone and SMS is all you need it for then perhaps it is. but the rest of the world has moved on. Most of the BB/CB addicts have moved on.
    They don't have to change Watsapp, they can just add a second app. And using the same app as most of your friends are using only because of the biggest number of users in your group, it seems wrong for me. Everybody is using Watsapp because it's hip, not because is the best. And if someone is truly your friend, there will be no problem in installing a second app. I know you would say that is easier for 1 persons to go from BlackBerry 10 to Android than for xy persons to install a second communication app. It is not, I refused to use Watsapp, and I can still be in touch with all my friends and familly. I use Viber , BBM, I make phone calls, I send messages on facebook.... now that there is no hub integration on facebook I still have Face10 and Facebook Messenger from Nemory. If Face10 and Messenger will not work properly anymore, I don't care. If it is important the message sender should call me, or use a common chat app. Even today if I have a Facebook notification I won't pick up my Passport from the table, I don't care. If I have a text message or a phone call I will pick up my passport from the table.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 02:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Never heard of this... Must have been the scariest Star Trek film.

*ME173X
    reeneebob and PHughes like this.
    03-19-16 05:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Your geek card has been revoked... Rewatch the film in order to get back the context of the original post mentioning the film.

Posted via CB10
    reeneebob likes this.
    03-19-16 06:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    *puts on Trek hat*

No...

Speaking as someone who has seen Wrath of Khan/Search for Spock in the triple digits and can rhyme off the entirety of the self destruct sequence as well as Reliant's prefix code (16309), the reference was most definitely Trek III.

Specifically, after Kirk and crew land on Vulcan and the Kohlinhar ritual is done, Spock greets his shipmates. Spock asks Kirk why he would come back for him, and Kirk repeats a version of what Spock said to him in the warp core in Trek II..."because the needs of the one, outweighed the needs of the many." That triggers Spocks memory of the death scene and he then asks "the ship...out of danger?"

1000% Trek III.

I take my original crew Trek seriously. Heh.
    rthonpm likes this.
    03-20-16 02:05 AM
    For the record:

Computer, destruct sequence 1, code 1, 1A

Destruct sequence 2. Code 1, 1A2B

Destruct sequence 3. Code 1B2B3

Final countdown code is 000destruct0

The cancellation code was only ever used once in the original series, it's 123continuity.

03-20-16 02:08 AM
    All the money MS has and Windows phone is floundering. Where do you think that leaves BlackBerry, who has limited funding to support an OS?

The fat lady is warming up on BB10.
    Warming up? Sorry son, You're late to the party!
    03-20-16 12:04 PM
    They don't have to change Watsapp, they can just add a second app. And using the same app as most of your friends are using only because of the biggest number of users in your group, it seems wrong for me. Everybody is using Watsapp because it's hip, not because is the best. And if someone is truly your friend, there will be no problem in installing a second app. I know you would say that is easier for 1 persons to go from BlackBerry 10 to Android than for xy persons to install a second communication app. It is not, I refused to use Watsapp, and I can still be in touch with all my friends and familly. I use Viber , BBM, I make phone calls, I send messages on facebook.... now that there is no hub integration on facebook I still have Face10 and Facebook Messenger from Nemory. If Face10 and Messenger will not work properly anymore, I don't care. If it is important the message sender should call me, or use a common chat app. Even today if I have a Facebook notification I won't pick up my Passport from the table, I don't care. If I have a text message or a phone call I will pick up my passport from the table.

Posted via CB10
    Right! The common chat app being the one that left. You would like people to change for you. Because you dont have an up to date device. "And using the same app as most of your friends are using only because of the biggest number of users in your group, it seems wrong for me." Sounds a bit narcissistic doesn't it? Everything you say seems to be about how important it is for you to have an outdated device. If something that everyone uses fails to work on your device you expect others to change so they can get in touch with you. I have a question for you, How many apps need to disappear from your BB before you wake up and realize you're gonna need to upgrade to a current device. Seriously, With everyone saying how productive the BB is, and by everyone I mean the few hundred here, how does anyone even make an argument that this is a productivity tool? If you need to sideload or find work arounds how to make it work then productivity isn't even a blip on the radar. It's like , yeah, I got a car to make getting around easier but, I gotta get some friends to push it.
    03-20-16 12:17 PM
    Symbian syndrome runs strong here Screw WhatsApp, screw Facebook, and get all your personal and business contacts to switch to BB10! You'd have more luck betting on John Chen being the next Apple CEO than convincing other people to jump to a burning platform.
    It's a "BlackBerry Moment"

http://www.businessinsider.com/emc-e...-moment-2016-3

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 12:51 PM
    <snip> How many apps need to disappear from your BB before you wake up and realize you're gonna need to upgrade to a current device.<snip>
    The future is here...

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 12:55 PM
    I had a few spare minutes at the end of the day on Friday, so thought I'd email John Chen for fun (as you do!).

I just wanted to raise a few of the things most commonly stated here, and get his thoughts on a few things.

He didn't reply. But it seems he forwarded my message to Ron Louks, who did.

Ron was very polite, but he didn't really attempt to answer any of the points I made. He simply pointed out that a lot of the feedback on the Priv had been 'good'.

I raised the topic of some of the embarrassing bugs that ended up being pushed OTA on BB10. He stated that they only affected a 'small population of users'.

Hmmm...

I have replied. Oh yeah, he also offered to call me to discuss. Still deciding whether to take him up on that.

03-21-16 06:44 AM
    Let's rename the thread "Some final words from John Chen" on BB10.
    JeepBB and mister2d like this.
    03-21-16 07:06 AM
    Right! The common chat app being the one that left. You would like people to change for you. Because you dont have an up to date device. "And using the same app as most of your friends are using only because of the biggest number of users in your group, it seems wrong for me." Sounds a bit narcissistic doesn't it? Everything you say seems to be about how important it is for you to have an outdated device. If something that everyone uses fails to work on your device you expect others to change so they can get in touch with you. I have a question for you, How many apps need to disappear from your BB before you wake up and realize you're gonna need to upgrade to a current device. Seriously, With everyone saying how productive the BB is, and by everyone I mean the few hundred here, how does anyone even make an argument that this is a productivity tool? If you need to sideload or find work arounds how to make it work then productivity isn't even a blip on the radar. It's like , yeah, I got a car to make getting around easier but, I gotta get some friends to push it.
    You misunderstood everything I said. I have a few apps for chats and it is my choice. Since I use my phone number, my personal email, my work email, my BBM account, my Viber account, my Skype account, my "whatever I want", those are my contact details.
    Depends on my connection with every person I give my contact details so they can reach me. Everybody has at least 2 common platforms with me (Phone number and email), not say 4 because most of the persons are also using Viber and Skype. I also had to use "Linc" in the past and I used it.
    So you may be wrong telling me I am a narcissist when I give so many options of contact details to some persons who ask me to use Whatsapp and knowing the fact they are using at least 2 other platforms that I use.

You can't stay in touch with your relatives and friends without Watsapp and Facebook app? Let's say I believe you. The second thing you said is "Seriously, With everyone saying how productive the BB is, and by everyone I mean the few hundred here, how does anyone even make an argument that this is a productivity tool? If you need to sideload or find work arounds how to make it work then productivity isn't even a blip on the radar. It's like , yeah, I got a car to make getting around easier but, I gotta get some friends to push it." and it seems to me you don't consider the BB10 OS such a big deal. Just use an Android device. The fact that there's no Facebook app on BB10 won't affect you.

And it would've been better if I just answer "OK..."

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 01:23 PM
84 1234