I would rather have enough guts to go down with my ship then be a bit of a turn coat and run away to the dark side.
    By "go down with my ship" you mean holding off buying a new smart phone for a while? I suppose that's gutsy in a way.
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-24-16 12:15 AM
    By "go down with my ship" you mean holding off buying a new smart phone for a while? I suppose that's gutsy in a way.
    What are you talking about? My Classic is less then a year old. Do you buy a new phone every six months? And when I am ready for a new phone and they have one I want I will be gutsy and buy one.
    03-24-16 10:33 PM
    Here's a pretty interesting tidbit about Mr Chen on BB10 and Google Play. It's an old article dating back to July 14th 2015, BlackBerry Central.

Makes me wonder if 10.3.3 has Google Play Integrated into it. Maybe part of the Priv deal perhaps? Another reason why all these recent moves as of late. Changing the structural way of things? Notice how you don't even get to see ANY leaks of what 10.3.3 looks like. They practiced what they definitely preached and secured that ish down. Whenever did we see no leaks prior to an official release?, ****, the shift from 10.1+ we seen leaks before official release. But I'll probably have a greater chance of having a one stand with JLo before that happens huh?

"Rumour
    John Chen Acknowledges Google Play Services As Necessary for BB10

Source

Twitter, BBM Channels, Forums

Confirmations

This rumour is based entirely on a retweet (a redacted retweet if you want to get technical).

Here's how it goes:

Tweeted (in reply) By @arisham2003:*@AnnLouiseWinter*would agree with you. BB10 just need Google Services. Thats All!*@AllAboutMyBB*@JohnChen
    @JohnChen Retweets The Above Tweet
    Retweet is Shortly Thereafter*Redacted
    On a public side of things, people went pretty crazy. But what does this mean when the CEO retweet's regarding Google Play integration in their mobile OS?

One of two things:

John Chen agrees it would make the platform*more interesting
    He accidentally retweeted the Tweet while scrolling
    Accidental retweets happen very frequently. Placing blame on fat fingers, glitching apps, or something else - it's something you've likely done yourself at some point.

In our opinion, it was a complete accident. Either way, it was removed; and as quickly as it was deleted, rumours arose.

Like a pedestrian at a*crime*scene: there's nothing to see here folks - move along."

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Kryngle; 03-25-16 at 07:03 AM.
    03-24-16 10:56 PM
    Here's a pretty interesting tidbit about Mr Chen on BB10 and Google Play. It's an old article dating back to July 14th 2015, BlackBerry Central.

Makes me wonder if 10.3.3 has Google Play Integrated into it. Maybe part of the Priv deal perhaps? Another reason why all these recent moves as of late. Changing the structural way of things? Notice how you don't even get to see ANY leaks of what 10.3.3 looks like. They practiced what they definitely preached and secured that ish down. Whenever did we see no leaks prior to an official release?, ****, the shift from 10.1+ we seen leaks before official release. But we'll probably have a greater chance of having a one stand with JLo before that happens huh?

"Rumour
    John Chen Acknowledges Google Play Services As Necessary for BB10

Source

Twitter, BBM Channels, Forums

Confirmations

This rumour is based entirely on a retweet (a redacted retweet if you want to get technical).

Here's how it goes:

Tweeted (in reply) By @arisham2003:*@AnnLouiseWinter*would agree with you. BB10 just need Google Services. Thats All!*@AllAboutMyBB*@JohnChen
    @JohnChen Retweets The Above Tweet
    Retweet is Shortly Thereafter*Redacted
    On a public side of things, people went pretty crazy. But what does this mean when the CEO retweet's regarding Google Play integration in their mobile OS?

One of two things:

John Chen agrees it would make the platform*more interesting
    He accidentally retweeted the Tweet while scrolling
    Accidental retweets happen very frequently. Placing blame on fat fingers, glitching apps, or something else - it's something you've likely done yourself at some point.

In our opinion, it was a complete accident. Either way, it was removed; and as quickly as it was deleted, rumours arose.

Like a pedestrian at a*crime*scene: there's nothing to see here folks - move along."

Posted via CB10
    If they're not going to update the runtime what makes you think you're going to get Play? This is pure fantasy.
    JeepBB and mister2d like this.
    03-25-16 05:13 AM
    Finally some words from John Chen-mockit_25032016082127.jpg

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer, JeepBB and mister2d like this.
    03-25-16 07:23 AM
    I guess all PlayBook owners remember the "commitment" of BlackBerry with bringing BBos 10 to the tablet just before publishing the end of support for the device. For now, even if I've been a blackberry user for 10 years I can't trust just words. I would love to buy a passport and give my z10 a well owned retirement but I don't feel very comfy with spendind that kind of cash and repeat the disappointment.

Business is business for us users too.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 05:30 PM
    I bought a PlayBook specifically because BB10 was promised for it. I thought it would make a good development platform and a daily work tablet, yadda yadda yadda, and we all know how that turned out.

Can't trust a single thing that comes out of Chen's mouth and BB official comms unless I see some hard facts.
    04-09-16 05:46 AM
    Mr.Chen, BB0S10 with ability to install Android app is already a very good idea. You just need to think how your company can lower your cost of manufacturing so that you can sell a lot in India and Indonesia and rest of the Asia-Pacific. Unless, somebody in your company killed that idea.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 08:20 PM
    Mr.Chen, BB0S10 with ability to install Android app is already a very good idea. You just need to think how your company can lower your cost of manufacturing so that you can sell a lot in India and Indonesia and rest of the Asia-Pacific. Unless, somebody in your company killed that idea.

Posted via CB10
    Look, it's Chen and BB10. Guess which is which? Dead is dead and dead. BB10 is about as dead as the person getting clubbed by Negan in TWD. Not exactly dead but you know they're just about.
    Attached Thumbnails Finally some words from John Chen-1460301237312.jpg  
    zack west likes this.
    04-10-16 10:16 AM
84 ... 234