When I was on android I only used the Web browser also, but it was because of the crazy permissions that you had no way to avoid other than using the Web browser.

Posted via CB10
    Now that you mention it that may have been another factor that sealed my decision to omit the FB app. If I need any contact information I will copy it from FB to my GMAIL and say FU to FB. Cya!

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 01:59 PM
    I had a few spare minutes at the end of the day on Friday, so thought I'd email John Chen for fun (as you do!).

I just wanted to raise a few of the things most commonly stated here, and get his thoughts on a few things.

He didn't reply. But it seems he forwarded my message to Ron Louks, who did.

Ron was very polite, but he didn't really attempt to answer any of the points I made. He simply pointed out that a lot of the feedback on the Priv had been 'good'.

I raised the topic of some of the embarrassing bugs that ended up being pushed OTA on BB10. He stated that they only affected a 'small population of users'.

Hmmm...

I have replied. Oh yeah, he also offered to call me to discuss. Still deciding whether to take him up on that.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Can I have Chen email id?

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 02:21 PM
    On a Geek site, I was expecting more people to get the reference. Thank you for noticing
    It was actually Wrath of Khan, but I got it.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    03-21-16 02:58 PM
    Mine still works, and I go on. You ???
    Yes, I did go on. I went on from my crippled-@ss Z30 to a Priv. I went on to support the company I love because I can read the writing on the wall. There is no consumer life left in BB10. If you use your device as a work and social tool than BB10 does not do that any longer. Maybe there is life left for BB10 on the Enterprise side but I don't see a company with limited resources supporting two operating systems. All the top people within the organization related to BB10 are no longer employees of BlackBerry. How many more hints do you need to figure it out? Hell, the creator of BBM is no longer part of BlackBerry! Pray that Priv is a success because there is nothing left after this for the hardware division. They need a home run with the Priv and all of you BB10 zealots are doing nothing to help.
    I am doing what I can to help, and you??? Lol!
    03-21-16 04:08 PM
    Pray that Priv is a success because there is nothing left after this for the hardware division. They need a home run with the Priv and all of you BB10 zealots are doing nothing to help.
    I don't know about all the BlackBerry 10 users, but I will use BlackBerry 10 as long as it does what I want. If an Android device is not something that I want why would I support BlackBerry in becoming an Android Company?
    I buy the product I want, if BlackBerry doesn't succede with BlackBerry 10 I don't care about them offering me an Android device.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    03-21-16 04:21 PM
    I don't know about all the BlackBerry 10 users, but I will use BlackBerry 10 as long as it does what I want. If an Android device is not something that I want why would I support BlackBerry in becoming an Android Company?
    I buy the product I want, if BlackBerry doesn't succede with BlackBerry 10 I don't care about them offering me an Android device.

Posted via CB10
    If it works for you, use it. My point is, there is NO SAVING IT. BB10 is EOL, as we know it.

By all means, continue using it if its all the smartphone you need. Not completely sold on Android myself but I'm at the very least trying...
    03-21-16 04:28 PM
    If it works for you, use it. My point is, there is NO SAVING IT. BB10 is EOL, as we know it.

By all means, continue using it if its all the smartphone you need. Not completely sold on Android myself but I'm at the very least trying...
    My greatest annoyance is the failure of the Priv to sell but a meager trickle has queered the PKB hopes of we who seek an alternative in that hardware sphere... I would love to see another maker put one out; sadly, I think that ferry has left the sluce...
    03-21-16 04:45 PM
    My greatest annoyance is the failure of the Priv to sell but a meager trickle has queered the PKB hopes of we who seek an alternative in that hardware sphere... I would love to see another maker put one out; sadly, I think that ferry has left the sluce...
    The worst part for me is I'm not, at all, a PKB user.
    S1-S2-9850-Z10-Z30 and now the Priv. The most I'll use the PKB for is scrolling websites and apps, never typing. I bought it out of loyalty to the company. It might very well be their last hurrah.
    03-21-16 05:36 PM
    It was actually Wrath of Khan, but I got it.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    Sigh... No. It wasn't. Wrong wrong wrong. Spock said to Kirk in WoK "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one".

In Search for Spock, Kirk flips it around on Spock on Vulcan that "the needs of the one outweighed the needs of the many". Which was how it was used as here.
    03-21-16 07:17 PM
    Lol for the last time:

NOT

*drops mic*. *ends Trek debate and thread detour*
    rthonpm and mister2d like this.
    03-21-16 07:23 PM
    You misunderstood everything I said. I have a few apps for chats and it is my choice. Since I use my phone number, my personal email, my work email, my BBM account, my Viber account, my Skype account, my "whatever I want", those are my contact details.
    Depends on my connection with every person I give my contact details so they can reach me. Everybody has at least 2 common platforms with me (Phone number and email), not say 4 because most of the persons are also using Viber and Skype. I also had to use "Linc" in the past and I used it.
    So you may be wrong telling me I am a narcissist when I give so many options of contact details to some persons who ask me to use Whatsapp and knowing the fact they are using at least 2 other platforms that I use.

You can't stay in touch with your relatives and friends without Watsapp and Facebook app? Let's say I believe you. The second thing you said is "Seriously, With everyone saying how productive the BB is, and by everyone I mean the few hundred here, how does anyone even make an argument that this is a productivity tool? If you need to sideload or find work arounds how to make it work then productivity isn't even a blip on the radar. It's like , yeah, I got a car to make getting around easier but, I gotta get some friends to push it." and it seems to me you don't consider the BB10 OS such a big deal. Just use an Android device. The fact that there's no Facebook app on BB10 won't affect you.

And it would've been better if I just answer "OK..."

Posted via CB10
    The original sentence that started this whole thing. "I will force my friends to consider other options available to them and me." OK! Because the OP has an unconventional device... Forget it. "I will force my friends" says everything you need to know
    reeneebob likes this.
    03-21-16 09:01 PM
    The original sentence that started this whole thing. "I will force my friends to consider other options available to them and me." OK! Because the OP has an unconventional device... Forget it. "I will force my friends" says everything you need to know
    At least we got quality Trek debate. Lol.

Hell, I rewatched Space Seed, Wrath of Khan and Search for Spock again because of it. So there's something. Lord I love those movies...
    xtremeled and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    03-21-16 09:24 PM
    Ok

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 11:35 PM
    Yes, I did go on. I went on from my crippled-@ss Z30 to a Priv. I went on to support the company I love because I can read the writing on the wall. There is no consumer life left in BB10. If you use your device as a work and social tool than BB10 does not do that any longer. Maybe there is life left for BB10 on the Enterprise side but I don't see a company with limited resources supporting two operating systems. All the top people within the organization related to BB10 are no longer employees of BlackBerry. How many more hints do you need to figure it out? Hell, the creator of BBM is no longer part of BlackBerry! Pray that Priv is a success because there is nothing left after this for the hardware division. They need a home run with the Priv and all of you BB10 zealots are doing nothing to help.
    I support what I believe in, Blackberry hardware with Blackberry software. I never cried I have to try Android or iPhone like so many here have and do. You support Blackberry your way and I will tell anyone including Blackberry how I will support them. You may feel you have no choice BUT I always believe I have a choice and I have made it. Enjoy you DOWNGRADE to Android, ME I will stick with BB10.
    03-22-16 12:11 AM
    I support what I believe in, Blackberry hardware with Blackberry software. I never cried I have to try Android or iPhone like so many here have and do. You support Blackberry your way and I will tell anyone including Blackberry how I will support them. You may feel you have no choice BUT I always believe I have a choice and I have made it. Enjoy you DOWNGRADE to Android, ME I will stick with BB10.
    A captain that prefers to go down with his sinking ship.
    I salute you!

*A3-A20
    03-22-16 12:28 AM
    Lol for the last time:

NOT

*drops mic*. *ends Trek debate and thread detour*
    Star Trek II:

*picks up mic, puts back in mic stand*
    03-22-16 08:08 AM
    I salute you!

*A3-A20
    Gurgle-Gurgle....and who will we support when the ship sinks? When there's nothing left? Worse still, who will we blame? Will it be the diehard BB10 fans who refused to go BlackBerry/Android? Will the blame be deflected to the BlackBerry Legacy people who held on to their devices for dear life as well?

I would have rather liked to see Chen drop BB10 outright and let everyone know BlackBerry/Android is the only road left to go forward and if it doesn't work, that would be the end of BlackBerry Hardware, period. What he's doing right now is trying to avoid angering his consumers. He needs to clear his stock of leftover BB10 hardware by leaving something for everyone to hold onto BB10. That grip is loosening quickly. His plea on Twitter for FB and WatsAPP to come back is PURE POSTURING, nothing more. I do applaud him for it. I am a fan of Chen but then again I was a fan of Heins before him as well. Chen is doing a better job and probably saved the company. I just hate the fact all of this BB10 vs. BB/Android has an already fractured community turning against one another.

In the end, I don't applaud anyone staying on BB10 and I especially don't care for anyone still on BBOS. If it works for you then fine but please don't say you're supporting the company by holding on to your BB10 or worse still BBOS device, from God knows HOW MANY years ago. It doesn't work that way. FWIW, I can say I stayed with them until the end with the Priv, if this is indeed their last device. I am VERY HAPPY with it, just as happy as I was with both our Z10's and Z30's when they first came out, even more actually. Just my two cents..
    03-22-16 02:40 PM
    Gurgle-Gurgle....and who will we support when the ship sinks? When there's nothing left? Worse still, who will we blame? Will it be the diehard BB10 fans who refused to go BlackBerry/Android? Will the blame be deflected to the BlackBerry Legacy people who held on to their devices for dear life as well?

I would have rather liked to see Chen drop BB10 outright and let everyone know BlackBerry/Android is the only road left to go forward and if it doesn't work, that would be the end of BlackBerry Hardware, period. What he's doing right now is trying to avoid angering his consumers. He needs to clear his stock of leftover BB10 hardware by leaving something for everyone to hold onto BB10. That grip is loosening quickly. His plea on Twitter for FB and WatsAPP to come back is PURE POSTURING, nothing more. I do applaud him for it. I am a fan of Chen but then again I was a fan of Heins before him as well. Chen is doing a better job and probably saved the company. I just hate the fact all of this BB10 vs. BB/Android has an already fractured community turning against one another.

In the end, I don't applaud anyone staying on BB10 and I especially don't care for anyone still on BBOS. If it works for you then fine but please don't say you're supporting the company by holding on to your BB10 or worse still BBOS device, from God knows HOW MANY years ago. It doesn't work that way. FWIW, I can say I stayed with them until the end with the Priv, if this is indeed their last device. I am VERY HAPPY with it, just as happy as I was with both our Z10's and Z30's when they first came out, even more actually. Just my two cents..
    Sorry man, my 2 cents also.... how can u say people who are remaining with bb10 or Bros are not supporting BlackBerry? I think it is a little arrogant.... People who spent recently money on buying a new bb10 or keep on buying apps from dev are supporting BlackBerry OS10, and deserve respect and a bit of support until the company doesnt't decide for the EOL. Maybe u may not like them,....ok, but saying that they are not supporting BlackBerry is absolutely false (at least for me)....Whatever generates positive incomes for a company is a support.... if it was not a support, why they are not going to destroy the remaining inventory? Or maybe u can ask Chen to do it....

A bit of respect for those who love still or use BB10...and remember that not everybody can afford android priv....It will be interesting to see how many Priv they sold..... I hope enough for them to allow BlackBerry to keep on running hardware....if they still want to run it....

Posted via CB10
    acovey, sid89 and anon(9184750) like this.
    03-22-16 05:19 PM

What Elfabio80 said +

Why would you blame BB10 fans if the hardware division fails? We buy the product we like. Maybe I don't like Android, maybe if BB10 falls I'll buy an Iphone, or a Samsung device powers by Tizen, maybe I'll buy a Nokia device...
    Nowadays I prefer BB10 and that is why I upgraded from my Z10 to a Passport SE this year. Now I feel that the Priv could not successfully replace my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 05:41 PM
    Star Trek II:

*picks up mic, puts back in mic stand*
    Except the quote WE are talking about is "the needs of the one outweighed the needs of the many" :

Why would 49 people have to change just so one person using obsolete hardware can communicate with them. It's not just those people. It's all their friends who also use whatsapp. Everyone should change. Since when do the needs of the one or the few out weigh the needs of the many? .
    The opposite of the clip you posted (and I'm perfectly aware of). What was said in the first clip I posted...from Star Trek III. Said to Spock to point out that logic isn't always the right choice. Much like a lot of the thread. Heh.

Just sayin'. Search for Spock.

*drops that mic again*

End thread detour again.
    03-22-16 10:04 PM
    Hell, I rewatched Space Seed, Wrath of Khan and Search for Spock again because of it. So there's something. Lord I love those movies...
    Finally some words from John Chen-kirk-yelling-khan.jpg
    reeneebob and mister2d like this.
    03-22-16 10:19 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kirk-yelling-khan.jpg 
Views:	956 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	394994
    Lol my husband is laughing - he just said "someone didn't seriously just question your knowledge of Trek 2/3?!?!?!" He thinks it's hilarious.
    JeepBB and mister2d like this.
    03-22-16 10:28 PM
    I salute you!

*A3-A20
    And I'm with him 200%. I'm a ride till the wheels fall off. And if and when BlackBerry goes under, I'm a go old school once my Z30 is unsupported and use payphones and keep my laptop for social media before I support any iPhone or Android crap. BB10 for life.

P.S. And if and when BlackBerry dies, don't let no fake... punk a$$ muthaf@$kaz come to their wake!!!

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    03-22-16 10:41 PM
    And I'm with him 200%. I'm a ride till the wheels fall off. And if and when BlackBerry goes under, I'm a go old school once my Z30 is unsupported and use payphones and keep my laptop for social media before I support any iPhone or Android crap. BB10 for life.

P.S. And if and when BlackBerry dies, don't let no fake... punk a$$ muthaf@$kaz come to their wake!!!

Posted via CB10
    There you go! You've shown them!! I am sure Chen will sleep less soundly in his yacht knowing you use a payphone.

LOL. The childishness here is too strong.

Hey, why stop there. Stop wearing shoes because your favorite maker has gone under. Go back to dial up because your favorite ISP has gone under. Say you will go back to typewriters if HP closes shop.

I own and use a Blackberry Passport and a Blackberry Priv. They are both fine devices. I use them both for different functions and love them both. I don't have those devices because I am "Blackberry for life!". I have them because they work for me. I am in the business of me. And I work too hard to be settling for an old technology simply because I am trying to prove a point.
    reeneebob, JeepBB and mister2d like this.
    03-23-16 08:56 AM
    I salute you!

*A3-A20
    I would rather have enough guts to go down with my ship then be a bit of a turn coat and run away to the dark side.
    Asvertus likes this.
    03-23-16 11:51 PM
84 1234