03-17-16 12:57 PM
    John didn't write that.
    03-17-16 01:04 PM
    Hmm I hope they can find a solution re whatsapp...

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 01:17 PM
    Screw whatsapp!!! There are new competitors emerging everyday and for them to think they are so big they can ignore any category they decide means they are blind and arrogant. I for one will not participate on whatsapp any longer after the date set to be discontinued. I will force my friends to consider other options available to them and me. I had the same issue with Shazam and decided to go with SoundHound. I did have correspondence with Shazam and declared that even if I returned to Android I would remain loyal to who is loyal to me and stick with Soundhound. Discontinued any subscriptions left with Shazzam.

Facebook is no different as when I was on Android I forgot that I only used the web browser to conserve battery. It was a shock to have lost this notification function on my BB10 device but looking back I see no real change. Unfortunately for them they will have fewer people to track data.
    Remaining true to my Passport cause I saw my friends android and asked to see how he views his notifications and it was a shock to me that they in this day have such a poor system in place. I will wait and see what other BlackBerry products emerge.

When they say every empire falls I guess we are just witnessing the beginning of the giving foundation under this one. One day we will see some back pedaling on these recent decisions but I fear not soon enough.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 03-21-16 at 01:50 PM.
    03-17-16 01:39 PM
    It simple - show real commitment to BB10 aka BB10 Priv, Qt 5 support and new APIs, marketing - and FB and WA might follow. And if you don't plan to support BB10, please don't lie about your commitment. As I can't trust BlackBerry, I can't buy Priv. LG V10 seems like my new phone. Passport SE is amazing, I even don't lack apps, I just hate when someone lies to my eyes...

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 01:47 PM
    Two interesting tweets from John Chen today

Fix for Twitter
    https://twitter.com/JohnChen/status/710522160184496128

Begging Support from Facebook and Whatsapp(Facebook owns Whats app)
    https://twitter.com/JohnChen/status/710521629462437889
    HighFlight88 likes this.
    03-17-16 01:49 PM
    Screw whatsapp!!! There are new competitors emerging everyday and for them to think they are so big they can ignore any category they decide means they are blind and arrogant. I for one will not participate on whatsapp any longer after the date set to be discontinued. I will force my friends to consider other options available to them and me. I had the same issue with Shazam and decided to go with SoundHound. I did have correspondence with Shazam and declared that even if I returned to Android I would remain loyal to who is loyal to me and stick with Soundhound. Discontinued any subscriptions left with Shazzam.

Facebook is no different as when I was on Android I forgot that I only used the web browser to conserve battery. It was a shock to have lost this notification function on my BB10 device but looking back I see no real change. Unfortunately for them they will have fewer people to track data.
    Remaining true to my Passport cause I saw my friends android and asked to see how he views his notifications and it was a shock to me that they in this day have such a poor system in place. I will wait and see what other BlackBerry products emerge.

When they say every empire falls I guess we are just witnessing the beginning of the giving foundation under this one. One day we will see some back pedaling but I fear not soon enough.

Posted via CB10
    When I was on android I only used the Web browser also, but it was because of the crazy permissions that you had no way to avoid other than using the Web browser.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 01:51 PM
    And if you pay attention, he basically saying 10.3.3 next month. So April it is.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 02:04 PM
    And if you pay attention, he basically saying 10.3.3 next month. So April it is.

Posted via CB10
    And it is better one month later than with bugs.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 02:16 PM
    They have a very strange definition of "strong commitment"

We won't publish updates to the developer tools. We won't share any roadmap with you. Oh, btw, we fired almost all of the developer relations staff.

But we wrote this blog post just for you developers, because you know how strong our commitment is to you!
    03-17-16 02:37 PM
    John chens comments are automatically in my book. Complete fabrications of truth. So I don't care. Worst CEO ever a complete loser and complete liar

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 03:03 PM
    It simple - show real commitment to BB10 aka BB10 Priv, Qt 5 support and new APIs, marketing - and FB and WA might follow. And if you don't plan to support BB10, please don't lie about your commitment. As I can't trust BlackBerry, I can't buy Priv. LG V10 seems like my new phone. Passport SE is amazing, I even don't lack apps, I just hate when someone lies to my eyes...
    Don't take it so personally. Just get the phone that works best for you.
    03-17-16 03:14 PM
    John didn't write that.
    You mean John Chen isn't Lou Igazzola? Who knew?
    03-17-16 04:02 PM

When they say every empire falls I guess we are just witnessing the beginning of the giving foundation under this one. One day we will see some back pedaling but I fear not soon enough.

Posted via CB10
    Other BB products? ha ha ha ha. You go with the idea that all your friends will abandon whatever they are using so they can follow you on a dying platform. I just dont see it happening. Developers are leaving daily. That will slow down when the last one is out.
    03-17-16 07:31 PM
    You mean John Chen isn't Lou Igazzola? Who knew?
    I always though he was a government official. Every time his lips move........poof another ghost story!
    03-17-16 07:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    And it is better one month later than with bugs.

Posted via CB10
    He was referring to Twitter. FWIW.
    03-17-16 08:59 PM
    the Dodo bird has more of a chance of being brought back from extinction than BB10 does.

Either roll the dice with the Priv and Android, change platforms or continue using BB10 with its disabled functionality. Nothing left to save it and everyone is abandoning ship every week. I love BB10 but its gone.
    mister2d likes this.
    03-17-16 09:46 PM
    Symbian syndrome runs strong here Screw WhatsApp, screw Facebook, and get all your personal and business contacts to switch to BB10! You'd have more luck betting on John Chen being the next Apple CEO than convincing other people to jump to a burning platform.
    03-17-16 10:21 PM
    the Dodo bird has more of a chance of being brought back from extinction than BB10 does.

Either roll the dice with the Priv and Android, change platforms or continue using BB10 with its disabled functionality.

Nothing left to save it and everyone is abandoning ship every week. I love BB10 but its gone.
    Mine still works, and I go on. You ???
    David Tyler likes this.
    03-17-16 11:51 PM
    Other BB products? ha ha ha ha. You go with the idea that all your friends will abandon whatever they are using so they can follow you on a dying platform. I just dont see it happening. Developers are leaving daily. That will slow down when the last one is out.
    He was talking about telling friends to use another communication app to stay in touch, not changing the platform.

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    03-18-16 12:03 AM
    He was talking about telling friends to use another communication app to stay in touch, not changing the platform.

Posted via CB10
    I was quite aware of what he was talking about. If I have 50 friends who all use whatsapp and one continues to use an outdated platform that doesn't support whatsapp, Why would 49 people have to change just so one person using obsolete hardware can communicate with them. It's not just those people. It's all their friends who also use whatsapp. Everyone should change. Since when do the needs of the one or the few out weigh the needs of the many? I look at my Z10 sitting on the shelf everyday. It pisses me off that BB screwed up so completely that they became irrelevant in an industry that they once led. It bothers me even more that the co CEO's walked away millionaires. It amuses me that I can read the stories here about how the BB and the Priv is the ultimate communications tool. I guess if Email, phone and SMS is all you need it for then perhaps it is. but the rest of the world has moved on. Most of the BB/CB addicts have moved on.
    03-18-16 12:17 AM
    John chens comments are automatically in my book. Complete fabrications of truth. So I don't care. Worst CEO ever a complete loser and complete liar

Posted via CB10
    Worse than the 2 numnutz who sunk the company? The blame for BB's failure falls on only 2 people. the co-CEO's. short sighted and arrogance doomed BB. The last two were brought in to manage the defibrillator. Sadly, BB was dead and the heartbeat was just nerves. Like a lizards tail when you pull it off. It keeps wiggling but you really cant make a case that it is alive.
    03-18-16 12:26 AM
    It bothers me even more that the co CEO's walked away millionaires.
    I don't understand this attitude. They built up RIM from nothing. Just because they lost touch with the direction the industry was going, all that hard work they did over almost 30 years is invalidated? They were rightfully ousted, because they could no longer lead in the face of intense competition, but they practically created the smartphone market and revolutionized modern communication. I think they deserve to be millionaires.
    03-18-16 05:41 AM
    I don't understand this attitude. They built up RIM from nothing. Just because they lost touch with the direction the industry was going, all that hard work they did over almost 30 years is invalidated? They were rightfully ousted, because they could no longer lead in the face of intense competition, but they practically created the smartphone market and revolutionized modern communication. I think they deserve to be millionaires.
    I totally agree. The founders helped create the industry. Yes, they got complacent and yes, they grossly underestimated their competition. But what they accomplished was still amazing.

I don't even think Chen deserves the scorn he gets here. He's a very poor communicator, but he's saved the company from a sure death. That's not a small thing.
    03-18-16 05:56 AM
    A plea of desperation... Desperate times comes desperate measures...

We are extremely disappointed in their decision as we know so many users love these apps.
    many users... that's the problem, many users is not supportable. You need millions, not many...
    03-18-16 07:40 AM
84 123 ...