May be i am unlucky.
    Tried Tried hard and failed.
    Thursday, 19 January 2017, 9:44:52 PM

»» reminder to myself & others ; should should need to retrace the steps for the apk route or just download android playstore, waa, waa fixer, ect.....

Look for 1st entry on page one, scan various entries on pages 3,5, & 7 & 9.

I hope that helps as a reminder, folks.

Laters!
    01-19-17 03:48 PM
    HERE IS HOW I SOLVED MY WHATSAPP ISSUE ON BB10 (BlackBerry Classic).

Since my BB classic can side-load Android apps, I downloaded and installed 1mobile.apk (this is an app store for android apps like Google Play and Amazon Store).
    After installing the 1Mobile store, I used it's app search function to locate and install WHATSAPP.apk (make sure the one you get is from Whatsapp as the author).
    After installing the whatsapp.apk, go ahead and enter your number, validate, and it will auto locate your favorites, just like Whatsapp on BB, but it's really the Android version.

Enjoy.
    01-24-17 06:37 AM
    One issue though, I'm not able to share/send pix or files from this side-loaded whatsapp app, but I can receive and view.
    Anyone know the work-around on this?
    01-24-17 06:40 AM
    It was mentioned some time ago, that whenever your WA connects to the WA secure server, no matter you installed native BBOS WA apps or thru side loading of Android APK, WA server will recognize your connection from your BBOS handset... and thats the issue we have to live with.
    Can receive medias sent from Android users, but not able to send medias to anybody...
    01-24-17 12:17 PM
    1. Install android latest version from Google play store. You can do everything with this version except sending Media and files. But.....
    2. Install Opera browser (not Opera mini) again from Google play store.
    3. Start Opera browser in desktop mode, type in web.whatsapp.com. You will come up with familiar QR code.
    4. Open android whatsApp application already installed, open WhatsApp Web to scan the QR code.

I got as far as this, but cannot open WhatsApp application because of google play services missing popup. I have the google play services install from the long standing post on CB but it does not seem to work for WhatsApp (as it doesn't for a few apps)

Is this method obsolete or is there something else I should do.
    02-03-17 10:47 AM
    I think you should patch APK using PSPatcher: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...rvices-914930/

Just wondering: someone uses Android version at same time having current BB10 version installed? Any problems doing that?
    I'm asking because I'd like to give a try to Android version on my Z10 before making a decision to buy DTEK50/60 after 06/30/2017 (though still not sure if Android version will work on Z10 after deadline )
    02-16-17 05:32 AM
    I think you should patch APK using PSPatcher: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...rvices-914930/

Just wondering: someone uses Android version at same time having current BB10 version installed? Any problems doing that?
    I'm asking because I'd like to give a try to Android version on my Z10 before making a decision to buy DTEK50/60 after 06/30/2017 (though still not sure if Android version will work on Z10 after deadline )
    Sideload Waa Fixer using BlackBerry PlayBook Manager.
    02-16-17 07:11 AM
    Sideload Waa Fixer using BlackBerry PlayBook Manager.
    Usually I sideload bar files using Sachesi... anyway I cannot get the relationship between your reply and my question...
    I'll try to explain it better: if I install Android Whatsapp (+ fixer), should I necessarily uninstall native Whatsapp? Or can I use it at same time?
    02-16-17 08:25 AM
    I had both for some time last year and they worked great with two different numbers. I don't think u can have the same number on (apparently) two devices - so no, if that's your question

Posted via CB10
    02-16-17 09:38 AM
    I had both for some time last year and they worked great with two different numbers. I don't think u can have the same number on (apparently) two devices - so no, if that's your question

Posted via CB10
    Yes you can have 2 whatsapp there's an app to allow duplicate accounts, I forgot the name but it's on YouTube how. ANDROID Critics.
    02-16-17 08:28 PM
    Final solution: BBM, TXT, Email, cloud, twitter, instagram, Telegram, Signal, even Messenger. Yes that's right even Messenger.

Farewell WhatsApp, it was fun you data mining me. Hope you can scan me again some day

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 05-07-17 at 05:47 AM.
    DCurilovic likes this.
    02-16-17 11:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, my question was using same phone number on my Z10 with native and Android app at same time...
    Ok probably I can't, at least until someone that already did it posts here how to
    02-17-17 04:52 AM
    It doesn't work with the same number on two different apps. I tried it. You will always have to switch and activate WhatsApp on the app you want to use.
    05-03-17 12:30 AM
    So what does the WA FIXER do?
    05-04-17 05:53 AM
    If you don't install it, it's not possible to send pictures. I don't know exactly what it does. I suppose it changes something with the right management and timing if you send a picture.
    05-04-17 08:14 AM
    So what does the WA FIXER do?
    It's what allows you to send pics and videos, without it, it won't work. But Oliver at Nemory Studios has and app built with Waa Fixer included so no need to sideload. He sent me the direct link if you want it. It's a paid app of $1.99 I believe. I don't use it cause I have my own way to use android Whatsapp on BlackBerry 10.
    05-05-17 07:10 PM
    Can't wait for whatsapp to be discontinued already. No sideload and no reload. Regular text works just fine.
    05-05-17 08:39 PM
    Can't wait for whatsapp to be discontinued already. No sideload and no reload. Regular text works just fine.
    With Android version it isn't going anywhere .
    05-07-17 03:11 PM
    With Android version it isn't going anywhere .
    Lol. Truth is, no one knows. We can only wait and see what happens.

Posted with my  Classic
    05-07-17 05:00 PM
    I just went to whatsapp website, download and installed its android version in my Classic bb10 and so far it works perfectly. Will this behavior continue when whatsapp blackberry servers are out ?
    06-07-17 08:10 AM
    I just went to whatsapp website, download and installed its android version in my Classic bb10 and so far it works perfectly. Will this behavior continue when whatsapp blackberry servers are out ?
    Probably yes.
    06-07-17 09:16 AM
    Will this behavior continue when whatsapp blackberry servers are out ?
    There are no "whatsapp blackberry servers." Blackberry devices aren't specifically being blocked. All outdated versions of the WhatApp client software will be locked out, and the Blackberry native version will not be updated.

In direct answer to the full content of your post, it is currently unknown how newer versions of Android WhatsApp will function on BB10, as WhatsApp isn't testing for BB10. You'll just have to wait until they're released to find out whether they will work.
    06-07-17 10:47 AM
    Good News guys. There is an update from Whats App which extends the End of Life to Decmeber 2017 !!! ..
    Just go to Blackberry world > Select Whats App > Update.. and you are good for another six months ..
    ENJOY ..
    07-19-17 10:58 AM
    I install Threema and lucky!!! The best solution for my blackberry passport...very high security...

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 11:53 AM
    On a related note, I still don't think market share has anything to do with WA cutting back on BB10 'cause Windows Phone/Mobile just dropped to 0.1% market share, yet WA still updates their Windows app: https://www.neowin.net/news/nearing-...cording-to-idc
    Or are they gonna discontinue the Windows Phone/Mobile app as well now?
    08-11-17 07:08 AM
250 ... 8910