Why?

The android app works perfectly and won't stop working when the BB10 app stops.
    mcmacerson likes this.
    10-31-16 01:20 PM
    Interesting. Thanks for the info!
    I installed the latest version of WhatsApp for Android and WAA fixer on my Passport SE. Everything works fine except sending videos.

Via CB10 /  Passport Silver Edition 
    10-31-16 02:01 PM
    I installed the latest version of WhatsApp for Android and WAA fixer on my Passport SE. Everything works fine except sending videos.

Hmm, I think you are correct. Videos don't seem to work.
    I only do pics and chats, never tried videos (as a business phone never used / needed that).
    10-31-16 02:24 PM
    How'd be this potential solution be for loads of folks:

Use the tag or barcode recognition screen & install WhatsApp for desktop on any browser, to avoid the lock out ( potentially ) come December of this year?

That way we could all ( os10 users ), continue without the WhatsApp efficienados say so?
    ( Please forgive me if this solution has been suggested, previously ).

ARQ
    10-31-16 02:30 PM
    To all of the whatsapp fans I just want to know one thing:

Can you share what you are doing on your phone (screen sharing) with a video call?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 06:42 PM
    https://techcrunch.com/2016/08/25/wh...ow-to-opt-out/

Yep it's good to continue to use whatsapp...

Thank God BBM still exists!

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 06:50 PM
    How'd be this potential solution be for loads of folks:

Use the tag or barcode recognition screen & install WhatsApp for desktop on any browser, to avoid the lock out ( potentially ) come December of this year?

That way we could all ( os10 users ), continue without the WhatsApp efficienados say so?
    ( Please forgive me if this solution has been suggested, previously ).

ARQ
    For that to work you need to keep the app running on your phone...

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    11-01-16 01:01 AM
    Has anyone looked at Signal from Open Whisper System (OWS)? It seems to require patching.

The good thing is that it's OSS, would anyone mind porting it over to BB10?
    11-02-16 09:58 PM
    Why isnt RIM doing something about this i love my BB classic but i need whats app cause everyone is using it
    11-03-16 05:51 PM
    Why isnt RIM doing something about this i love my BB classic but i need whats app cause everyone is using it
    RIM isn't doing anything 'cause RIM is dead. BlackBerry isn't doing anything 'cause they've fired most of the BB10 dev team, meaning they don't have time to open up the API's the WA team needs.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    11-04-16 12:51 AM
    Why aren't you doing something about this? Oh, I know you aren't the persons or persons behind the development of Whatsapp, that's why.

By the way, not everyone is using Whatsapp. Some of us had not heard of it until the developers announced that they were not going to have their app work on numerous OS after December 31, 2016.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    Vistaus likes this.
    11-04-16 08:08 PM
    Why aren't you doing something about this? Oh, I know you aren't the persons or persons behind the development of Whatsapp, that's why.

By the way, not everyone is using Whatsapp. Some of us had not heard of it until the developers announced that they were not going to have their app work on numerous OS after December 31, 2016.

True that. I knew all about WA since long before they made that announcement but I personally don't use it. I use good ol' SMS, Twitter DM's and I BBM with my parents.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    11-05-16 01:05 AM
    ...but this thread is not about using SMS, BBM or anything else. The final solution for using Whatsapp in 2017 already exists. So everybody who wants to use Whatsapp will use it - does'nt matter what all people who don't need Whatsapp will write here.
    11-05-16 04:48 AM
    I have installed WhatsApp from play store today. Not all the contacts are displayed in the app. The contacts which are local were only appearing in the app. The contacts which are associated with my Gmail account are missing in the app

I have uninstalled the app now and reinstalled the beautiful bb10 app
    11-05-16 10:07 AM
    I downloaded whats app apk and waafixer. works fine on my classic...
    11-05-16 10:32 AM
    Where do u find waa fixer, can't find in beta zone
    11-05-16 11:03 AM
    Except for sending Video ?

I did all Cobalts mods, downloaded the latest whatsapp from the play store and it works perfectly on my Classic too.

Someone bought it too my attention you can't SEND video (not that i care since i never do) but they do seem to be correct.
    11-05-16 11:19 AM
    I have installed WhatsApp from play store today. Not all the contacts are displayed in the app. The contacts which are local were only appearing in the app. The contacts which are associated with my Gmail account are missing in the app

I have uninstalled the app now and reinstalled the beautiful bb10 app
    Correct. Same if your contacts are exchange / BES - Save/export all contacts to your sim and problem fixed.
    11-05-16 11:22 AM
    ...but this thread is not about using SMS, BBM or anything else. The final solution for using Whatsapp in 2017 already exists. So everybody who wants to use Whatsapp will use it - does'nt matter what all people who don't need Whatsapp will write here.
    That's correct, those that want to use it will have to purchase Android devices.

11-05-16 01:42 PM
    ...no, they just use the Android version of Whatsapp on OS10 as long as Android 4.3 is supported by Whatsapp.

Missing contacts in Android Whatsapp can be added in Android Whatsapp itself. You only have to do this once - than problem is solved.
    Last edited by Jenserm; 11-05-16 at 02:09 PM.
    Vistaus likes this.
    11-05-16 01:53 PM
    Babugaru...mee kosam..link pamputhunna..;-) http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...hread-1088960/

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30
    babugaru1 likes this.
    11-09-16 08:16 AM
    Wait a minute guys.

Why can't you just install the google Play Store with Cobalt's method, and just download whatsapp for android, and use it normally.

Never mind, it appears this question has been answered already. The bottom line is you have to install Google Play Store.
    Last edited by Fernando Martin; 11-11-16 at 09:50 PM.
    11-11-16 09:40 PM
    hey guys...I think that we might be able to fly under the whatsapp radar if we install parallel space app ( http://https://apkplz.com/android-ap...multi-accounts) that was famed for being able to use multiple accounts in apps in one phone including 2 whatsapp accounts in one phone..........what if we install that and then install whatsapp into that and we will be able to use it.......hope it helps , caio.
    11-13-16 03:26 AM
    Where do u find waa fixer, can't find in beta zone
    bro use this link WAAFixer-1_0_0_2
    11-13-16 03:29 AM

Just installed latest version from Play Store (13 Nov). Says something about sending animated gif's. Didn't try that yet but:

Sending VIDEO WORKS!

Also appears you can edit what part of the video it is you want sent along with frames and a timeline.
    Have not had time to play with that aspect yet tho.
    11-13-16 12:36 PM
250 ... 678910