Today Cobalt updated the Play Services that could explain it:
    Google Play Services 9.8.77
    Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page - Page 297 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    10-21-16 12:49 PM
    Just buy supported device.. The android version won't work on bb10 after 31 December, the whatsapp server will detect it
    Love the Note 5 but would prefer the rumored DTEK70. The Passport is primarily what keeps me tied to BBRY as I love the screen size and the pkb. Most apps I don't really care about as I can use my ipad pro for most of what I need, but something like whatsapp is important because so many people are using it.
    10-21-16 01:26 PM
    Just buy supported device.. The android version won't work on bb10 after 31 December, the whatsapp server will detect it.
    Don't worry about what usman_hidayat19 says. It is the BB app that will not work - not the device.
    A brand new Priv (with android OS) with the latest whatsapp app will not simply stop working because it is a Blackberry device!

Just make sure you running the current Android whatsapp and you'll be fine until it no longer works on jellybean 4.3 (the way i understand it)
    mcmacerson and Vistaus like this.
    10-21-16 02:27 PM
    Don't worry about what usman_hidayat19 says. It is the BB app that will not work - not the device.
    A brand new Priv (with android OS) with the latest whatsapp app will not simply stop working because it is a Blackberry device!

Just make sure you running the current Android whatsapp and you'll be fine until it no longer works on jellybean 4.3 (the way i understand it)
    Thanks, I get that and I know it is the app; however, it is just a matter of time before JB becomes redundant and very few apps will work with it. I wanted to get another PP, but now I am leaning towards the Note 5 or the DTEK70 if that ever sees the light of day.
    10-21-16 02:48 PM
    But can send docs

Attachment 410385

Posted via CB10
    As you can see on the screenshot: the receiver did not reveive the document. So media sending does'nt work if you don't have a workarround.
    Last edited by Jenserm; 10-22-16 at 01:29 AM.
    10-21-16 03:51 PM
    Mine works fine. What version of whatsapp and BB OS ? What version of Cobalts Play services do you have installed ?
    10-21-16 04:02 PM
    Thank you mcmacerson and Amritv for your response. After having swiped the device, I set it up as new and I just installed whatsapp a apk from whatsapp website. Now that I see that it works, can I remove the apk from the download folder?
    10-21-16 05:34 PM
    Thank you mcmacerson and Amritv for your response. After having swiped the device, I set it up as new and I just installed whatsapp a apk from whatsapp website. Now that I see that it works, can I remove the apk from the download folder?
    Marco, glad to help. Yes, you can remove any APKs from the download folder.
    Try to send an image or video to one of your Whatsapp contacts and let us know what happens.
    10-21-16 05:37 PM
    I need Verizon, spotty service on ATT and the other GSM providers where i live so that leaves the new DTEK series out. When I buy a new phone it won't be blackberry, we have 4 Z30's and I'm tired of trying to find "workarounds" to keep them functioning for business. Sad. I've had Blackberry since the start.
    10-21-16 05:56 PM
    Do u have the WAA fixer?
    Can u send or place in a shared place?
    I couldn't find in beta zone, also I don't understand why the developer stopped this development, because I am surer that many people will donate some money if he help us keep all WA features working...

Do u know ninjacell?

You can install WAA Fixer from Beta Zone to fix image sending.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red) <3

Posted via CB10
    10-22-16 06:55 AM
    Do u have the WAA fixer?
    Can u send or place in a shared place?
    I couldn't find in beta zone, also I don't understand why the developer stopped this development, because I am surer that many people will donate some money if he help us keep all WA features working...

Do u know ninjacell?
    The new location is here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...hread-1088960/

CellNinja a.k.a. Rodger Leblanc abandoned the project because he thinks it's ...

[snip] ... a bad idea to switch to WA Android right now while the BlackBerry 10 version is still working and is one of the best app on BlackBerry World. By providing WAA Fixer, people were abandoning the BlackBerry 10 version even more, sending the message to WhatsApp that they took a good decision by announcing end of support for BlackBerry 10, do you see how BlackBerry 10 is dying, the BlackBerry 10 app is not used anymore. [snip]
    He's entitled to his opinion and we owe Rodger a debt of gratitude for developing WAA Fixer. He's been kind enough to hand the project off to Jendorski Labs
    dpgo likes this.
    10-22-16 07:08 AM
    Dear Norabdullah i have so far done everything successfully until getting a QR code. i opened web.whatsapp.com and then to get QR code, we should get inside whats app right? for that should present Whatsapp be uninstalled? because it asks for verification of mobile no. for which i am not receiving the 6 digit code by SMS
    10-22-16 07:51 AM
    Thanks mcmacerson,
    Now things seems more logical and coherent, in fact I agree with developer's choice for the time being.

Also I' d like to have a solution ready to be used, and fortunately don't need to use for years due an hypothetical change of mind of WA.

The new location is here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...hread-1088960/

CellNinja a.k.a. Rodger Leblanc abandoned the project because he thinks it's ...

He's entitled to his opinion and we owe Rodger a debt of gratitude for developing WAA Fixer. He's been kind enough to hand the project off to Jendorski Labs

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dpgo; 10-22-16 at 09:49 AM.
    10-22-16 09:21 AM
    Thanks mcmacerson,
    Now things seems more logical and coherent, in fact I agree with developer's choice for the time being.

Also I' d like to have a solution ready to be used, and fortunately don't need to use for years due an hypothetical change of mind of WA.

Posted via CB10
    I got the android version working 100% by sideloading Waa Fixer, it's sends pictures and videos now. Here's the Bar file you'll need to sideloading. And here's proof it sends picture
    Attached Thumbnails Finally, Solution for WhatsApp for BB10 OS after December 2016.-img_20161022_233720.jpg  
    10-22-16 11:39 PM
    I got the android version working 100% by sideloading Waa Fixer, it's sends pictures and videos now. Here's the Bar file you'll need to sideloading. And here's proof it sends picture
    Did you patch the Whatsapp .apk or not ?
    10-23-16 01:17 AM
    No patching, just download it and said it into the box and it will download it itsself
    10-23-16 11:25 AM
    http://download1884.mediafire.com/ti...er-1_0_0_2.bar. Download this link and then move it
    10-23-16 11:49 AM
    Already installed android version of WhatsApp on my BB10. Media files don't send so I email them instead. No big deal. However. Does anyone feel that it's becoming a massive effort to stay with BlackBerry? We have been treated like idiots, still waiting for an update which has been promised a while back. Handsets may or may not be built by another who ever. So let me ask this... if BlackBerry will no longer build handsets no longer have its own OS. Then what do they have for us, the minority fools who should have jumped ship years ago when everyone else did. Don't get me wrong. I love bb I have a new Z10 in a box as a spare. Wife uses a Passport and I'm using a P9982. I'm doing my bit for BlackBerry. Nowhere near enough I know. But I feel BlackBerry has given up on BlackBerry. It's only a matter of time before most of us do too. BlackBerry are hoping to jump on the Android wagon. Android fans have many options to choose from so BlackBerry will find it really tough for sure, And I'll say this, I personally would never buy a BlackBerry if it is running Android. Real shame.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-16 12:05 PM
    Already installed android version of WhatsApp on my BB10. Media files don't send so I email them instead. No big deal. However. Does anyone feel that it's becoming a massive effort to stay with BlackBerry? We have been treated like idiots, still waiting for an update which has been promised a while back. Handsets may or may not be built by another who ever. So let me ask this... if BlackBerry will no longer build handsets no longer have its own OS. Then what do they have for us, the minority fools who should have jumped ship years ago when everyone else did. Don't get me wrong. I love bb I have a new Z10 in a box as a spare. Wife uses a Passport and I'm using a P9982. I'm doing my bit for BlackBerry. Nowhere near enough I know. But I feel BlackBerry has given up on BlackBerry. It's only a matter of time before most of us do too. BlackBerry are hoping to jump on the Android wagon. Android fans have many options to choose from so BlackBerry will find it really tough for sure, And I'll say this, I personally would never buy a BlackBerry if it is running Android. Real shame.

Posted via CB10
    You have to sideload Waa Fixer and it will fix whatsapp problem. Here's the link http://download1884.mediafire.com/ti...er-1_0_0_2.bar
    10-23-16 12:19 PM
    Dear Norabdullah i have so far done everything successfully until getting a QR code. i opened web.whatsapp.com and then to get QR code, we should get inside whats app right? for that should present Whatsapp be uninstalled? because it asks for verification of mobile no. for which i am not receiving the 6 digit code by SMS
    You mean to uninstal the native BlackBerry WhatsApp version ? The answer is Not necessarily, put your Mobile number in Android WhatsApp and get the sms verification code then use WhatsApp Web of the android version.
    But after WAA fixer there is no need for that too.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-16 12:43 PM
    This seems to be correct. Android-Whatsapp needs to be open and active to get notifications. What I've resorted to is leaving Whatsapp open and maximized on the CHATS tab. I seem to get all notifications this way. Any other state, such as minimized, and there are no notifications from Whatsapp.
    I had the exact same issue on one phone – Whatsapp work perfectly but no notifications of new messages if the app was closed. Everything else, media files etc worked 100%

Turned out there was something wrong with his Google Account manager. He had Cobolts ver 4.3.3 installed and if I went to “add existing account” it gave an error about contacting google servers.

I uninstalled that (com.google.android.gsf.login-4.3.3-cobalt.apk) in development mode via Chrome Playbook app Manager, exited, and installed the beta ver 4.4.4 and rebooted.

That appeared to do something – although I just got a black screen after entering an existing account details, but it did something.

After that Notifications came through in the hub with sound with the app closed.

Note after exiting development mode it turns on "device password" in the security settings. That must be off otherwise you don't get notifications until you unlock the phone with your pass code.......Use a pattern lock type app if you worried about that.
    Last edited by ivork; 10-23-16 at 01:00 PM.
    10-23-16 12:45 PM
    I had the exact same issue on one phone – Whatsapp work perfectly but no notifications of new messages if the app was closed. Everything else, media files etc worked 100%

Turned out there was something wrong with his Google Account manager. He had Cobolts ver 4.3.3 installed and if I went to “add existing account” it gave an error about contacting google servers.

I uninstalled that (com.google.android.gsf.login-4.3.3-cobalt.apk) in development mode via Chrome Playbook app Manager, exited, and installed the beta ver 4.4.4 and rebooted.

That appeared to do something – although I just got a black screen after entering an existing account details, but it did something.

After that Notifications came through in the hub with sound with the app closed.

Note after exiting development mode it turns on "device password" in the security settings. That must be off otherwise you don't get notifications until you unlock the phone with your pass code.......Use a pattern lock type app if you worried about that.
    Interesting. Thanks for the info!
    10-23-16 09:40 PM
    Someone could build a WhatsApp Web Wrapper App and mod the webview so that the left column can be hidden.
    10-31-16 06:41 AM
    Someone could build a WhatsApp Web Wrapper App and mod the webview so that the left column can be hidden.
    Nemory is already working on that. But the question is: how will it work? 'Cause right now you need to keep your WhatsApp app running in order to use the Web version. But that won't work when the BB10 app gets discontinued. The Android version would work to connect it but keeping that running will suck your battery dry.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    10-31-16 10:11 AM
    Nemory is already working on that. But the question is: how will it work? 'Cause right now you need to keep your WhatsApp app running in order to use the Web version. But that won't work when the BB10 app gets discontinued. The Android version would work to connect it but keeping that running will suck your battery dry.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    Install WhatsApp on pc using android emulator (Blue Stacks App Player) and activate the WhatsApp Web on your mobile

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 11:37 AM
250 ... 56789 ...