I recently installed the three apks following Cobalt's landing page on Crackberry.
    I also installed the patcher, but when I try to open it, it gives me an error message.
    Do you know if Cobalt's solution is really still valid? Because for the moment I have installed whatsapp from google play but I'm unable to run it because of the google play services issue.
    Finally, I don't even know how to remove the app since it's useless.

I'd like to try your solution, but I want to fix the mess I've put on my blackberry first.
    Marco, it took me a few security wipes before I got the hang of Cobalt's instructions.

Here's my distilled version:

1) Download all the files here https://mega.nz/#F!lIUWjSSQ!yoLoiNX3PNG3Sef1Fa_fMA
    2) Install Google Account Manger com.google.android.gsf.login-4.3.3-cobalt.apk
    3) Log in with your Google account
    4) Install BlackBerry Google ID cobalt.blackberry.googleid-2.8.apk
    5) Register your device and NEVER UNINSTALL THE ABOVE TWO APPS!
    6) Install Google Play Services com.google.android.gms-8.4.89-cobalt-build5.apk
    7) Install Google Play Store com.android.vending-6.0.0-cobalt-build1.apk
    8) Find and install your app from the Play Store. The latest version of Whatsapp version (2.16.310 at the time of posting) from the Play Store works without the need for Cobalt's PS_Patcher.

You'll find you won't be able to send images or videos to anyone with Whatsapp. You'll need WAA Fixer. This worked for me on my Z10 and can be found here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...hread-1088960/

Finally, I've also noticed that uninstalling apps from the Play Store doesn't work. Not sure what that's about.

Good luck!
    Last edited by mcmacerson; 10-21-16 at 06:38 AM.
    10-15-16 06:35 AM
    Yes because just imagine my current situation: I have downloaded whatsapp from google play. When I try to use it, I have this kind of error message: "you haven't the right to use this copy of whatsapp because you have not google play services enabled. Please contact the developer" (I'll try to post the exact error message later on this thread). As I already said, when I try to run the Lucky patcher, the system does not allow me to open it. The fun staff is that I had to make up this mess just for WA, I do not really need any other app. Unfortunately, Cobalt's last review of the issue dates back to 2014, That's why I doubt of its usefulness nowadays.
    10-15-16 12:25 PM
    Yes because just imagine my current situation: I have downloaded whatsapp from google play. When I try to use it, I have this kind of error message: "you haven't the right to use this copy of whatsapp because you have not google play services enabled. Please contact the developer" (I'll try to post the exact error message later on this thread). As I already said, when I try to run the Lucky patcher, the system does not allow me to open it. The fun staff is that I had to make up this mess just for WA, I do not really need any other app. Unfortunately, Cobalt's last review of the issue dates back to 2014, That's why I doubt of its usefulness nowadays.
    Just download the apk from WhatsApp's site (you will have to use your desktop's browser)

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-15-16 12:33 PM
    ...just made the actual whatsapp android update over cobalds playstore without any problem. It works and was easy to install.
    10-15-16 01:19 PM
    Marco, I believe you're focused on the wrong area. Your problem seems to be Google Play Services. This is a critical component. "Please note that the Google Play Services icon will be labled "Google Settings" and not "Google Play Services" after it has been installed on the device!" -- Cobalt

Is a security wipe an option for you? I would start from scratch and follow Cobalt's instructions very carefully. Again, to get Android-Whatsapp going you shouldn't need to use Cobalt's PS_Patcher. I think this is what you're referring to when you mention "Lucky patcher". If not, please clarify.

As many on this forum can attest to, Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page is still valid today.
    10-16-16 05:41 AM
    Patch it with Gmaps patcher, not lucky Patcher.

PS_Patcher-1.4.zip here:
    https://www.mycloud.ch/s/#S861C2793C...6898FDFF816FF8

Thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...rvices-914930/
    10-16-16 06:09 AM
    i think the best way to do it, like Amritv said, download the ak from whatsapp webpage, i treid it and it works without a problem, the only thing, for me at least, is that i dont like it, works differently and i like blackberry's whatsapp better, so i was wondering, if i were to instal an older version of the whatsapp app, from before they decided they wont give any more services to BB, would it work? would i be able to keep using it? if so, is there any page where i can find older versions of the app? any ideas?
    10-16-16 10:15 PM
    i think the best way to do it, like Amritv said, download the ak from whatsapp webpage, i treid it and it works without a problem, the only thing, for me at least, is that i dont like it, works differently and i like blackberry's whatsapp better, so i was wondering, if i were to instal an older version of the whatsapp app, from before they decided they wont give any more services to BB, would it work? would i be able to keep using it? if so, is there any page where i can find older versions of the app? any ideas?
    You can't use the older version
    As per the WhatsApp dev, it won't work after a point as their servers will cutoff access to BB10 versions (even old ones)
    So android WhatsApp is the only choice you have unfortunately

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-16-16 10:38 PM
    1. Install android latest version from Google play store.
    Attachment 403483

Posted via CB10
    I have the BB Passport and when I goto the Google Playstore and try to download WhatsApp it says my device is not eligible for app install.

What am I doing wrong ?
    10-17-16 04:28 AM
    I have the BB Passport and when I goto the Google Playstore and try to download WhatsApp it says my device is not eligible for app install.

What am I doing wrong ?
    Are you trying to install it out of the playstore website over browser? This will not work. You have to install snap or cobalts playstore on your passport before. After that you are able to install it over one of both not over browser
    10-17-16 06:09 AM
    I have a problem with Whatsapp from Play Store. I don't receive any messages if my phone is locked, I get notifications only after I open the application only. Do you know how can I solve this?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-16 06:57 AM
    ...you should have a look into the App-Management of OS10. After you choose Whatsapp, there is an option to run the app in background. Maybe it's switched off. Just switch it on and it should work.
    10-17-16 08:43 AM
    I don't have this option in whatsapp management

Posted via CB10
    10-17-16 08:53 AM
    ...it's not in Whatsapp it self, it's the Security-Menue on OS10. There the first point, select the app Whatsapp and scroll down...

Unfortunally I can't tell you the exact name of the menue in OS10 because I don't have English selected...
    10-17-16 09:28 AM
    I only have 'run when minimized' option and it was already On.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-16 10:00 AM
    Just download it here : https://www.whatsapp.com/download/

Posted via CB10
    10-17-16 11:38 AM
    I have a problem with Whatsapp from Play Store. I don't receive any messages if my phone is locked, I get notifications only after I open the application only. Do you know how can I solve this?

Posted via CB10
    Unless a developer is using BlackBerry's push services, Android apps will only show notifications if the app is open or active on the CPU (seen through Device monitor).

https://developer.blackberry.com/and...roid_apps.html
    10-17-16 01:05 PM
    If you are using a BB10 device, that is capable of side-loading android app, then you can download genuine Whataspp APK file meant for Android devices and continue your whatsapp chat on it.
    I have this running on my BB Classic (Q20), and as soon as Whatsapp stops the native Whatsapp meant for BB10 devices, I'll reister my number via android whatsapp-on-BB-Classic.

Rgds
    Finally, Solution for WhatsApp for BB10 OS after December 2016.-whatsapp-image-2016-10-17-7.22.44-pm.jpeg

Notice, I have 2 Whatsapp apps, one is native BB-10 app, the 2nd is the Android Whatsapp APK.

#TouchingLives
    10-17-16 01:32 PM
    How's attaching photos in the APK version of whatsapp? I had to patch Telegram to get it to work.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-16 01:45 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1083352

If you want to know how android whatsapp works, it's worth to read the other threads.
    10-17-16 01:59 PM
    Please l recently bought a blackberry passport for my wife.l want to find out if it's affected by this December dateline on the use of WhatsApp,if so what can I do?

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]
    10-17-16 03:12 PM
    Please l recently bought a blackberry passport for my wife.l want to find out if it's affected by this December dateline on the use of WhatsApp,if so what can I do?

Posted via CB10
    [/QUOTE]

All BB10 phones are affected. To keep using it on the Passport, your only option is to use the Android app; no guarantees about how long that'll work either, but today it works.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-16 04:24 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1083352

If you want to know how android whatsapp works, it's worth to read the other threads.
    Crappy thread. All I remember is that you can't send images. Deal breaker. Sticking with Telegram.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-16 08:21 PM
    Crappy thread. All I remember is that you can't send images. Deal breaker. Sticking with Telegram.

Posted via CB10
    You can install WAA Fixer from Beta Zone to fix image sending.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red) <3
    10-17-16 11:55 PM
    Nice

Via CB10 /  Passport Silver Edition 
    10-18-16 11:54 AM
250 ... 34567 ...