Lots of bellyaching to a solution posed by the OP. Pretty silly to complain. The OP already claimed it's by no means ideal, but at least he posed an option for you.

If it's worth the steps that the OP nicely outlined and you want WhatsApp on your BB10 device, go for it. If it's not, try another option or phone.
    07-05-16 01:54 PM
    Yup. No one I know uses it either (Canada as well), or at least they've never asked to communicate on WhatsApp. Most younglings I know seem to use SnapChat and Instagram, and then of course there's Facebook messenger.

Posted via CB10
    FB has gone already- but I just use the web version these days.
    07-05-16 06:23 PM
    FB has gone already- but I just use the web version these days.
    I read on here that the Android Facebook Lite app works really well on BB10, including notifications, fyi.
    07-05-16 07:14 PM
    Or just buy the Android based Hamburg/Neon before 2017 if you must have a BlackBerry phone that can run WhatsApp properly.

Or live without WhatsApp for a short while and buy the bigger screened Argon when it comes out.

Or pony up and buy a Priv.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.2.2789 on O2 UK - Activated on BES12.5.0
    Sime0n_S likes this.
    07-05-16 07:58 PM
    What a hassle....good job op but I think it more of a mcgyver fix than a full alternative of a well-known app.

There's a Bugdroid in my Berry now!
    07-05-16 08:45 PM
    Unfortunately for my case android whatsapp got stuck in the looking for backups screen.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 06:29 AM
    @ bloke 1, try to restart whatsapp with WiFi off, data services off. Then when it asks about the number, turn them on again.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 07:37 AM
    @ bloke 1, try to restart whatsapp with WiFi off, data services off. Then when it asks about the number, turn them on again.

Posted via CB10
    Doesnt really work. Seems that the only way is to reset my phone to factory settings and reinstall.

Posted via CB10
    bodjor likes this.
    07-06-16 08:37 AM
    If you want to then you can download a modified GB version which doesn't require backup search and lot of other stuff. http://www.mediafire.com/download/f7...tnfas_hoak.apk

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 10:15 AM
    Hello : It would be awesome . If Blackberry and WhatsApp chaps sit together and allow BBM messages and calls sent and received on WhatsApp & vice versa?
    Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 10:21 AM
    @ mabbasr, BBM to whatsapp? I doubt. One messenger service can call and receive from the same service only. No Viber to whatsapp, no Line to whatsapp etc...

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 10:25 AM
    @ mabbasr, BBM to whatsapp? I doubt. One messenger service can call and receive from the same service only. No Viber to whatsapp, no Line to whatsapp etc...

Posted via CB10
    Oh wouldn't it be nice if they allowed basic texts / group texts and picture / link sharing between them all. Then everyone could use whatever they want for the bare bones.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 10:38 AM
    Well, I followed the instructions to see if this works. No problems working on my Q5. Very slow though, but at least it is there.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-28-16 12:19 AM
    Just buy supported device.. The android version won't work on bb10 after 31 December, the whatsapp server will detect it
    I don't think so, and there is no evidence, this will happen. And it does'nt make sense too

---
    I think the better solution will be: use WAA Fixer from Blackerry Beta Zone in combination with android whatsapp. Then you are able to send Media direct from android whatsapp.

---
    Another solution without whatsapp web would be: just upload media to any file-hoster (Google Photos, ImagesHack...) and share the link via Whatsapp. Of course the receiver will only be able to see media, after opening the URL.
    Last edited by Jenserm; 08-02-16 at 02:34 AM.
    07-31-16 12:31 PM
    It worked fine. But probably having the original compatible app is best. Hope they get a bb10 client for it. Fingers crossed
    08-27-16 08:20 AM
    BBM is far superior than whatcrap.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus and David Tyler like this.
    08-28-16 04:36 AM
    BBM is far superior than whatcrap.

Posted via CB10
    In what way is it far superior?
    08-28-16 05:00 AM
    Oh wouldn't it be nice if they allowed basic texts / group texts and picture / link sharing between them all. Then everyone could use whatever they want for the bare bones.
    Sure. It would also be nice if you could choose from a Big Mac, a Whopper, or a Baconator when you're at a McDonald's Drive-Thru, but I don't see that happening anytime soon either.
    DrBoomBotz and anon(9353145) like this.
    08-28-16 11:40 AM
    Not sure if this is a solution since the announcement that FB will be mining data off Whatsapp for 'advertisement' purpose...

It's becoming clear somehow why BlackBerry didn't pursue to continue with Whatsapp. Although now it's a bigger 'threat' on the Android platform itself...

How will the modern mobile sphere handle data mining for adverts? Will paying to stop adverts will stop data mining?

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    08-28-16 11:49 AM
    I have finally figured out a solution for WhatsApp for BB10 OS after its discontinuation. i,e after Dec 2016.
    Step by step explanation :

1. Install android latest version from Google play store. You can do everything with this version except sending Media and files. But.....
    2. Install Opera browser (not Opera mini) again from Google play store.
    3. Start Opera browser in desktop mode, type in web.whatsapp.com. You will come up with familiar QR code.
    4. Open android whatsApp application already installed, open WhatsApp Web to scan the QR code.
    5. On Opera browser immediately take picture of the QR code with another Mobile device, it should be quick because the QR code keeps on changing after few seconds.
    6. Now in WhatsApp application scan the QR code from the picture of the second Mobile device.
    7. If you are quick and everything goes OK then WhatsApp Web will start on your Opera browser.
    8. Now you can send Media and files through WhatsApp Web on same mobile device.
    9. You can use the WhatsApp application for all other tasks including calls.
    10. And for the Media and files you can use the WhatsApp Web on your Opera browser.
    11. Keep the android whatsApp application open or minimized to use the WhatsApp Web in Opera browser.

That's it. I hope you will enjoy your BB10 device more than ever.
    Attachment 403483

Posted via CB10
    I've downloaded the Whatsapp from play store but the it's stuck at the "looking for backup " screen anyone got it to load successfully?

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 03:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    This Does not work.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 03:31 PM
    Sure. It would also be nice if you could choose from a Big Mac, a Whopper, or a Baconator when you're at a McDonald's Drive-Thru, but I don't see that happening anytime soon either.
    McDonald's is just doing that to keep Burger King and Wendy's away from consumers!
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    08-28-16 06:39 PM
    Some web browser can be identified as a different one, so WA cannot identify if you are in windows, linux or BB.

Don't buy a phone until it stop working!

Just buy supported device.. The android version won't work on bb10 after 31 December, the whatsapp server will detect it

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 07:47 AM
    Some web browser can be identified as a different one, so WA cannot identify if you are in windows, linux or BB.

Don't buy a phone until it stop working!

Posted via CB10
    Web browsers have a user agent, they send it to the connected website.

Apps read completely different values, WA can identify and do identify which OS you're running.

The ATR kernel version even identifies itself as a BlackBerry
    09-05-16 04:20 PM
    Web browsers have a user agent, they send it to the connected website.

Apps read completely different values, WA can identify and do identify which OS you're running.

The ATR kernel version even identifies itself as a BlackBerry
    Not true. On some (desktop) browsers, you can change every single bit of the user agent and it will be identified as such, no matter who reads it. I have years of experience with this.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    09-05-16 04:37 PM
250 1234 ...