I just rebooted my Z30 this morning and got a software update notification for 10.3.3.2137 Is this new, or have I not been fully up to date this whole time?

My current software version is 10.3.3.1463
    Current OS version is 10.3.3.2205

I intend to use this Z30 as an offline device and have no intention of wiping in preparation for EOL. With that in mind, is there any risk in updating?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-21 08:51 AM
    I just rebooted my Z30 this morning and got a software update notification for 10.3.3.2137 Is this new, or have I not been fully up to date this whole time?

My current software version is 10.3.3.1463
    Current OS version is 10.3.3.2205

I intend to use this Z30 as an offline device and have no intention of wiping in preparation for EOL. With that in mind, is there any risk in updating?

Posted via CB10
    That's the last and still current OS from April 2018.

You will want it as it has the KRACK vulnerability fix.
    11-27-21 09:08 AM
    That's the last and still current OS from April 2018.

You will want it as it has the KRACK vulnerability fix.
    Thanks. I guess my service provider didn't bother to push it to me. Funny that I am getting the notification now. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I pulled the SIM card.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-21 09:17 AM
    My Q10 is my daily driver and it's still running with the 10.2.1.3062 software release! It has never been hooked up to the internet and it has only been used for calls, texts and taking and sending pictures. As a phone phone it is 100% perfection. Low bar, maybe, but still a joy to use. All my interneting is done on a laptop which travels with me and a T-Mobile hot spot.
    This will all change in the coming weeks as I pulled the trigger last night and bought a Titan. It'll be here on my birthday, December 2nd, and I intend on it becoming my new main squeeze. I have never even used an Android device so it should be interesting in many ways. I intend on getting an unlimited data plan and then using my Titan for my laptop's internet connection. If I'm near the laptop than the phone will be too. I can't afford 2 unlimited data plans so this seems like the logical plan.
    ANY advice on using a phone as a mobile hot spot? Cautionary tales?
    IggyBlue likes this.
    11-27-21 06:12 PM
    My Q10 is my daily driver and it's still running with the 10.2.1.3062 software release! It has never been hooked up to the internet and it has only been used for calls, texts and taking and sending pictures. As a phone phone it is 100% perfection. Low bar, maybe, but still a joy to use. All my interneting is done on a laptop which travels with me and a T-Mobile hot spot.
    This will all change in the coming weeks as I pulled the trigger last night and bought a Titan. It'll be here on my birthday, December 2nd, and I intend on it becoming my new main squeeze. I have never even used an Android device so it should be interesting in many ways. I intend on getting an unlimited data plan and then using my Titan for my laptop's internet connection. If I'm near the laptop than the phone will be too. I can't afford 2 unlimited data plans so this seems like the logical plan.
    ANY advice on using a phone as a mobile hot spot? Cautionary tales?
    Any reason you chose the Titan over the Pocket?
    11-27-21 06:25 PM
    The Pocket has the same size screen as my Q10 which has been great for texting, but the Titan's bigger screen will be more serviceable in the new roles my daily driver will take on: phone/computer/GPS. I would have really liked a better camera but my Q10's 8/2 megapixel has been great for use on my job (Flooring Installer) and in documenting vehicle repair work for others off site. I will see what's out there in compact cameras to fulfill my artistic needs?
    I came to a crossroads ... pkb or better camera. I couldn't afford both so I went with the physical keyboard. I did actually spend time researching the Unihertz Atom L with the 48 megapixel camera and the online tech critics seemed to be unanimous in their condemnation of it's camera, comparing it unfavorably to a Pixel phone with a 12 megapixel camera. I also spent hours reading different threads here regarding the Titan vs Pocket vs same price range phones with better cameras and felt that the pkb and bigger screen on the Titan with an adequate camera for my purposes was the way to go.
    Some folks here refer to the Titan as a "hobbyist" phone and I think there's a lot of truth in that. I won't do banking on my phone and I'm also careful about giving out information online. I will come back here and re-read posts about securing the Titan and camera advice.
    11-27-21 07:21 PM
    The Pocket has the same size screen as my Q10 which has been great for texting, but the Titan's bigger screen will be more serviceable in the new roles my daily driver will take on: phone/computer/GPS. I would have really liked a better camera but my Q10's 8/2 megapixel has been great for use on my job (Flooring Installer) and in documenting vehicle repair work for others off site. I will see what's out there in compact cameras to fulfill my artistic needs?
    I came to a crossroads ... pkb or better camera. I couldn't afford both so I went with the physical keyboard. I did actually spend time researching the Unihertz Atom L with the 48 megapixel camera and the online tech critics seemed to be unanimous in their condemnation of it's camera, comparing it unfavorably to a Pixel phone with a 12 megapixel camera. I also spent hours reading different threads here regarding the Titan vs Pocket vs same price range phones with better cameras and felt that the pkb and bigger screen on the Titan with an adequate camera for my purposes was the way to go.
    Some folks here refer to the Titan as a "hobbyist" phone and I think there's a lot of truth in that. I won't do banking on my phone and I'm also careful about giving out information online. I will come back here and re-read posts about securing the Titan and camera advice.
    I see - thanks. That Titan will be very heavy in comparison to your old Q10. Guess you are ready for that. I had an Atom L and the camera was actually pretty good. Not Pixel good but I was pleasantly surprised with how good it was. The Pixel benefits with Google's camera software and is fairly hard to beat, especially comparing it to any Unihertz device.

Sorry to OP for being off-topic! My advice (if you haven't already) is to update that OS to the final version.
    boogywstew likes this.
    11-27-21 08:06 PM
    Will do! I have been carrying around one of my exwife's biscuits to try and duplicate the weight and remind me of the suffering or inconvenience, it will bring.
    11-27-21 08:22 PM
    Will do! I have been carrying around one of my exwife's biscuits to try and duplicate the weight and remind me of the suffering or inconvenience, it will bring.
    Lol
    11-27-21 10:29 PM
    I have both, the Titan and the Pocket. You could have had a better camera with the Pocket because certain versions of GCam are loadable on the Pocket but not so on the older Titan. And the Titan's camera is atrocious in low light. I use Cylance from BlackBerry for security in conjunction with a VPN.
    boogywstew likes this.
    11-28-21 09:05 AM
    The irony of protecting my, "non BlackBerry phone that I had to buy because BlackBerry cell phones went out of business" with BlackBerry Cylance is a bit humorous! Using that BlackBerry anti virus will justify my hanging out at CrackBerry. I've looked at different Unihertz forums but it's slim pickings ... so far. Thank you for the tip! https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/cylance-smart-antivirus
    11-28-21 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD