I just run the installation of the APK, then accept the requested permissions and then get the following message: "Cannot install this app".

So far after trying to install the APK a few times I noticed in the Transfers app the installation doesn't proceed farther than 82%.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-18 03:24 PM
    I just run the installation of the APK, then accept the requested permissions and then get the following message: "Cannot install this app".

So far after trying to install the APK a few times I noticed in the Transfers app the installation doesn't proceed farther than 82%.

Posted via CB10
    Never had that issue myself installing an Android app. Strange. You could try removing the symlink. Have you tried to download the .apk file again? Maybe it did not download completely and it is corrupted. Edit, I just noticed you refer to Transfers app, would this not be the Downloads? If so the apk file has not downloaded completely.
    Last edited by goncal; 02-02-18 at 03:56 PM.
    02-02-18 03:28 PM
    I presume you did not export media and conversations from the old bb10 WA client?

Did you try tapping retry again? Sending will sometimes fail the first time, and a Q10 handset will be much slower than Z30 or Passport.

If not, you could also try rebooting.

Let us know please. Thanks.

Hi,
    I had tried these steps before hand with no luck. Every time I tapped retry it immediately failed (as if not even trying).

However I just tried over and over again, and eventually it worked. But it only works now after 'retry', never straight away.

I've sent about a dozen pictures to test. They always immediately say 'sharing failed, please try again'. But then after first retry, they all work.

Not a big deal now as I can generally send pics, so thanks, but if there is an obvious reason then pls share. TY!
    02-02-18 05:30 PM
    Hi,
    I had tried these steps before hand with no luck. Every time I tapped retry it immediately failed (as if not even trying).

However I just tried over and over again, and eventually it worked. But it only works now after 'retry', never straight away.

I've sent about a dozen pictures to test. They always immediately say 'sharing failed, please try again'. But then after first retry, they all work.

Not a big deal now as I can generally send pics, so thanks, but if there is an obvious reason then pls share. TY!
    Glad it will work eventually. Q10 has less memory and cpu power than Z30/Passport so I fear that might be the reason. I guess you close all other apps when you are using WA?
    02-03-18 02:44 AM
    Is working on my devices now, but can't share picture nor videos. Need help
    corradomelis likes this.
    02-03-18 03:45 AM
    Is working on my devices now, but can't share picture nor videos. Need help
    See post #1 .
    02-03-18 04:33 AM
    Glad it will work eventually. Q10 has less memory and cpu power than Z30/Passport so I fear that might be the reason. I guess you close all other apps when you are using WA?
    Yeah, whatsapp is the only open app, everything is currently very fresh and minimal.
    The Q10 is painfully slow compared to the passport I was previously using!
    Thnx
    02-03-18 06:41 AM
    It is working now, deleted everything again, connected it to BB Blend and deleted some Whatsapp files that the phone didn't allow me to delete, reinstalled everything again and it is working now.
    I'm unable to reinstall the Android WhatsApp version on my Passport, I suspect there might still be old WhatsApp files somewhere on my Passport I'm unable to find. Could you please tell me where you found these files with Blend?

Posted via CB10
    02-04-18 02:07 PM
    I'm unable to reinstall the Android WhatsApp version on my Passport, I suspect there might still be old WhatsApp files somewhere on my Passport I'm unable to find. Could you please tell me where you found these files with Blend?

Posted via CB10
    What OS version are you on (Settings -> About -> OS)?
    02-04-18 02:19 PM
    Still having problem to install with whatsapp on my blackberry z30 phone
    02-05-18 06:13 AM
    I'm on my q10 10.3.3.1435 and I've already followed the steps to change the directory so I can send photos yet I still can't call via video, it always redirects as audio only. Help, anyone?
    02-05-18 09:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    I went into file manager and some were there. Others were in the folders when going into file manager.
    02-05-18 07:18 PM
    Anyone?
    02-05-18 09:28 PM
    Tried again, no use. Missing any step?
    Attachment 423231

Posted via CB10
    You are amazing, great job. I love you!
    02-08-18 07:46 AM
    I'm giving this fixer a try in my Passport and it works... kinda.

I don't care about gifs and long videos. But I can't take a picture within the app. If a hit the picture button the camera pops up, but the shutter and the other controls appears vertically on the right side of the screen, and when you snap the picture the screen goes black and that's it.
    The only workaround is to minimize whatsapp, open the camera app, take the picture and return to whatsapp and select the image from the gallery. Then the "sharing failed, please try again" appears a few times and if you keep hitting the icon it eventually goes trough.
    02-08-18 05:59 PM
    I'm on my q10 10.3.3.1435 and I've already followed the steps to change the directory so I can send photos yet I still can't call via video, it always redirects as audio only. Help, anyone?
    I would say Q10 too underpowered. It takes my Passport some effort to video call, even voice call on WA. You could try making the call and then waiting for things to happen. Once it took a full 40 seconds to get things going on my Passport.
    02-09-18 04:32 PM
    I'm giving this fixer a try in my Passport and it works... kinda.

I don't care about gifs and long videos. But I can't take a picture within the app. If a hit the picture button the camera pops up, but the shutter and the other controls appears vertically on the right side of the screen, and when you snap the picture the screen goes black and that's it.
    The only workaround is to minimize whatsapp, open the camera app, take the picture and return to whatsapp and select the image from the gallery. Then the "sharing failed, please try again" appears a few times and if you keep hitting the icon it eventually goes trough.
    I have seen that happen on my Passport when RAM was rather full and / or after a rather long time since last reboot. I would try rebooting.
    02-09-18 04:34 PM
    I've noticed that in the first attempt it always fails, and if I hit retry immediately it keeps failing, but if after the first fail I wait around 5 seconds and then hit retry it works fine. Weird...

Posted vía CB10 with my Passport SE SQW100-4
    02-09-18 04:42 PM
    It just fails one in every three times on my Passport now. Which is your handset?
    02-09-18 05:34 PM
    It just fails one in every three times on my Passport now. Which is your handset?
    Passport SE
    02-09-18 08:03 PM
    Passport SE
    Strange. Are there a few more apps running in the background when you share photos?
    I would also try rebooting.
    02-10-18 03:23 AM
    I'd recommend the WhatsFixer app to at least implement a way to roll back the symlink in case you end up having problems with WhatsApp crashing frequently after updating to newer releases, and end up deciding to uninstall and then reinstalling WhatsApp. Whatever you do, DO NOT uninstall WhatsApp or delete any of the folders that are part of the symlink BEFORE you've undone the actual symlink.

You'll end up being UNABLE to reinstall WhatsApp and HAVING to WIPE your phone to be able to install WhatsApp again.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-18 08:59 AM
    my BlackBerry z10. does not support the latest whatsapp what is going on?
    02-15-18 05:14 AM
    please can some body help me to fix my BlackBerry up? I have tried to install is not coming up
    02-15-18 05:37 AM
    I tried using the fix for 'whatsapp business' but nothing changed, pls is it that this version of Whatsapp can not be fixed by the Whatsfixer?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-18 05:49 AM
851 ... 2728293031 ...