OS10.3.3.3057, Whatsapp from Google Play

Posted via CB10
    11-15-17 07:41 AM
    I've deleted gmail account and reinstalled now it's ok with Whatsapp, I see contacts, but now i have duplicate contacts

Posted via CB10
    11-15-17 07:50 AM
    tried but of no avail whats up shows message : whatsup wont run without google play services,which are not supported by your device. help
    11-17-17 04:10 PM
    tried but of no avail whats up shows message : whatsup wont run without google play services,which are not supported by your device. help
    The first time it runs, it will show that message. Just ignore it by tapping outside of the box.
    11-17-17 04:14 PM
    my device is z30 OS 10.3.3.2205 cobalts apps installed.
    11-17-17 04:16 PM
    i just delete the app download by official site should i reinstal?
    11-17-17 04:20 PM
    Thanks conite its working now. you are always a help. thank you very much
    11-17-17 04:27 PM
    i just delete the app download by official site should i reinstal?
    Yes it's best to use the version from the official site, the one on Google Play has mixed results on BB10.
    11-17-17 05:09 PM
    Yes it's best to use the version from the official site, the one on Google Play has mixed results on BB10.
    The website simply uses the latest beta version of the app.
    11-17-17 05:17 PM
    The website simply uses the latest beta version of the app.
    Some users have reported issues with calling and login when they download from Google Play that aren't present on the site download. Not sure why but the site version seems to be the most consistent on BB10.
    11-17-17 05:23 PM
    Some users have reported issues with calling and login when they download from Google Play that aren't present on the site download. Not sure why but the site version seems to be the most consistent on BB10.
    Let's just say that the reports are erroneous. Lol.
    11-17-17 05:25 PM
    Hello there. Is there is a solution for Whatsapp on Blackberry Classic post December 31 2017? I notice the Shell described in this guide is not available on Blackberry Classic devices. I'm not interested in latter models, and I simply want to [continue to] use Whatsapp on my BBClassic.

For example, a permanently functional Whatsapp that can both send & receive images, even after Whatsapp is discontinued for Blackberry devices.

If anybody has any information, links, guides, etc. regarding this topic, then I'd be very much interested in hearing from you.

Thank you OP for the work you have already produced.
    11-19-17 08:13 PM
    Hello there. Is there is a solution for Whatsapp on Blackberry Classic post December 31 2017? I notice the Shell described in this guide is not available on Blackberry Classic devices. I'm not interested in latter models, and I simply want to [continue to] use Whatsapp on my BBClassic.

For example, a permanently functional Whatsapp that can both send & receive images, even after Whatsapp is discontinued for Blackberry devices.

If anybody has any information, links, guides, etc. regarding this topic, then I'd be very much interested in hearing from you.

Thank you OP for the work you have already produced.
    Just download from www.whatsapp.com/android.

Don't patch. Ignore Google Play Services warning by clicking outside of the box.

Then run fixer from BlackBerry World.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/60005088
    vincentkong likes this.
    11-19-17 09:26 PM
    Just installed the Whatsapp and the Fixer this morning and everything seems fine with the exception of GIF'S.
    Is anyone having an issue with sending GIF'S?

Have to say other than that it seems to be working very well and no lag really. I'm impressed

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 11-20-17 at 08:22 AM.
    11-20-17 07:11 AM
    Just installed the Whatsapp and the Fixer this morning and everything seems fine with the exception of GIF'S.
    Is anyone having an issue with sending GIF'S?

Have to say other than that it seems to be working very well and no lag really. I'm impressed

Posted via CB10
    I still find this whole process terribly confusing. I tried using the command prompts, stated in the OP, but it did not work. At all. And the fixer itself doesn't actually do anything, right? You have to run the commands yourself.

All I seem to have ended up with is an endless cascade of WhatsApp folders created on my SD card in an Android folder (which, BTW, already existed). I'm assuming that trying to move whatever whatsapp folder to the SD file caused this nesting cascade, but I have no idea now how to fix. And I still can't send images.
    11-20-17 10:50 AM
    I still find this whole process terribly confusing. I tried using the command prompts, stated in the OP, but it did not work. At all. And the fixer itself doesn't actually do anything, right? You have to run the commands yourself.

All I seem to have ended up with is an endless cascade of WhatsApp folders created on my SD card in an Android folder (which, BTW, already existed). I'm assuming that trying to move whatever whatsapp folder to the SD file caused this nesting cascade, but I have no idea now how to fix. And I still can't send images.
    I started to do the commands and realized it was an option to use either the fixer or the commands. I deleted the folders and started over and only used the fixer and it worked. I had a brief problem with sending pictures all of a sudden but a quick reboot fixed that
    11-20-17 11:01 AM
    I'll try again. But the fixer never worked after I closed whatsapp through device monitor. It just had a greyed out button on the next screen. I'll restart?
    11-20-17 12:34 PM
    I'll try again. But the fixer never worked after I closed whatsapp through device monitor. It just had a greyed out button on the next screen. I'll restart?
    I used Taskmanager APK to force close it. If you want to try Taskmanager, it is an awesome app. Open Whatsapp if you have to to get it to show up in Taskmanager then close Whatsapp then force close in using Taskmanager. Sorry if that sounds confusing. Lol.
    11-20-17 03:24 PM
    Amazing app. Thanks so much. I'd like to donate as well. It'll keep a few Passports alive.
    I do have a problem with videos taken on the Passport camera. I consistently get 'Failed to process video.' I've also tried resizing the video and very short videos but to no avail. I however seem to be able to forward videos previously received on whatsapp and even the Android Telegram client I'm using. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm on 10.3.2.2876.
    11-22-17 05:16 PM
    PS forgot to mention I'd paid for WaatAfix which I deleted only after installing WAFixer (I'd totally forgotten I'd installed WaatAF earlier on!)
    11-22-17 05:30 PM
    Amazing app. Thanks so much. I'd like to donate as well. It'll keep a few Passports alive.
    I do have a problem with videos taken on the Passport camera. I consistently get 'Failed to process video.' I've also tried resizing the video and very short videos but to no avail. I however seem to be able to forward videos previously received on whatsapp and even the Android Telegram client I'm using. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm on 10.3.2.2876.
    I don't accept payments or donation for this app, the hard work was done by WhatsApp and the OP, I shouldn't get any rewards for this app, period.

Videos and GIF (which seems to be converted to video) are not working properly, I don't have much time to give to this project right now, I'll try a few things once I can find some free time.

Waat-a-fix is an app from HugSoft based on my previous app 'WAA Fixer', which I decided to give away to him because I wasn't pleased with how the app was leading people to stop using the native WhatsApp app. I'm totally fine with him selling the app even if WAA Fixer was free, it's a discussion we had before he released it. If you use WhatsFixer, you don't need Waat-a-fix app.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-17 05:50 PM
    Really appreciate the clarifications. Thank you for your long and detailed reply.
    11-22-17 05:54 PM
    Please help me I did something wrong and it not working and when I retry to do the process again it says file path not found help me please /QUOTE=Uzi;12877495]Nice but I think too technical for others to do it, Glad it working for you! [/QUOTE]
    11-23-17 04:01 PM
    Please help me I did the process but it seems I have made a mistake in the creating new android folder and moving the WhatsApp folder which I and done the process and my WhatsApp is still not send pictures but I wanted to retry and start over again but it was saying path not found when I tried rewriting the process again
    11-23-17 04:05 PM
    Please help me I did something wrong and it not working and when I retry to do the process again it says file path not found help me please /QUOTE=Uzi;12877495]Nice but I think too technical for others to do it, Glad it working for you! [/QUOTE]
    11-23-17 04:09 PM
851 ... 2021222324 ...