The bar file is suitable for every BlackBerry 10 device running 10.3.1 and up.

Posted via CB10
    Well I guess I have to download again and install directly
    Thanks for the prompt response

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 10:11 AM
    Mine is not working
    10-22-17 05:56 AM
    Someone help me on how to solve the sending picture problem email deliberately removed by a moderator
    10-22-17 07:22 AM
    So I bought an SD card for this purpose, downloaded the .bar file from the dev's Box account, and when I click on the downloaded file it says 'unable to open'. Advice pls?
    10-24-17 10:10 AM
    So I bought an SD card for this purpose, downloaded the .bar file from the dev's Box account, and when I click on the downloaded file it says 'unable to open'. Advice pls?
    Bar files cannot be installed directly, you need to sideload it. I could take 10 minutes of my time to try to explain how to sideload an app, but it's been discussed many many times before, so I'll let you search online.

Also, if I was you, I wouldn't spend too much time in trying to learn sideloading as I've submitted the first public release of WhatsFixer for review, so it might be approved within a day or two. There are chances it gets rejected if BlackBerry thinks that the app infringe WhatsApp legal terms.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-17 08:09 PM
    Bar files cannot be installed directly, you need to sideload it. I could take 10 minutes of my time to try to explain how to sideload an app, but it's been discussed many many times before, so I'll let you search online.

Also, if I was you, I wouldn't spend too much time in trying to learn sideloading as I've submitted the first public release of WhatsFixer for review, so it might be approved within a day or two. There are chances it gets rejected if BlackBerry thinks that the app infringe WhatsApp legal terms.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks very much, I'll hang on and keep an eye out for that!

Have to say, the original post is a bit misleading, describing it as very easy, an app with a simple 'fix whatsapp' button.

Grateful that you guys are working on stuff like this though. Cheers
    10-25-17 09:41 AM
    WhatsFixer is now available for free in BlackBerry World.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/60005088

You don't need to run it if you already have run the script from OP, but it won't do any harm if you run it anyway. The app is the same as the bar file shared with a more decent UI.

The app is as simple as you can get and only need two steps :
    1) Click a button to open Device Monitor to stop WhatsApp from running temporarily.
    2) Click another button to run the fix script.

There are still issues with GIF and large video files, the limitation is clearly stated in the app too, I haven't got time to work on it yet, it's on my to-do list, please don't leave a bad review for this reason.

I deliberately didn't include a bug report button in this app as I don't want to get tons of emails on the same subject (video is not working, please fix), you can report any issue here instead.

WhatsFixer is available worldwide for all BlackBerry 10 devices running OS 10.3.1 and up.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-17 03:58 AM
    Hello!

I have the last BlackBerry App, with that famous announcement.

To change to android app should I unistall it, after backup of the conversations, and only then install the apk?

Thks for your reply

Posted via CB10
    10-26-17 06:47 AM
    Finally! Man, that app worked smoothly and perfectly. Thanks again so much. Will leave a review. Much love and appreciation!!
    10-27-17 07:42 AM
    Thanks Rodger. Great app.
    Last edited by scrannel; 11-01-17 at 10:04 AM.
    10-30-17 09:33 AM
    Hey Rodger, set up on my Z30, but when I try to set up on wife's when I get to screen in your app to "fix script" that button is unavailable. Tried a restart. No luck. The "timer wheel" just keeps spinning. Also tried another SD card.
    Last edited by scrannel; 11-01-17 at 10:04 AM.
    10-31-17 10:14 AM
    Does the app shows a 'Fixed' image in top left corner? Is "Remove Fix" button visible under "Fix WhatsApp" button? Can you click on "Remove Fix" button (is it clickable)?

I'll check my code to see if there's a scenario that could disable the fix button, usually it's only disabled when it detects that the fix has been applied. The app detects if the fix has been applied by checking if "Device/misc/android/WhatsApp" is a link file pointing to a valid folder on SD card.

I have your email address on file, I may contact you personally to test an unreleased version of WhatsFixer, is that okay with you? The unreleased version will be available in BlackBerry World but only visible to you, no sideloading skill required.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-17 06:37 PM
    Does the app shows a 'Fixed' image in top left corner? Is "Remove Fix" button visible under "Fix WhatsApp" button? Can you click on "Remove Fix" button (is it clickable)?

I'll check my code to see if there's a scenario that could disable the fix button, usually it's only disabled when it detects that the fix has been applied. The app detects if the fix has been applied by checking if "Device/misc/android/WhatsApp" is a link file pointing to a valid folder on SD card.

I have your email address on file, I may contact you personally to test an unreleased version of WhatsFixer, is that okay with you? The unreleased version will be available in BlackBerry World but only visible to you, no sideloading skill required.

Posted via CB10
    On neither of my Z30s does the app show a "Fixed" image nor a "Remove Fix" button. (One Z30 is "fixed" the other not). Yes, please let me know how I can help.
    10-31-17 07:25 PM
    Oh, are you running the latest version of WhatsFixer, which has been approved this morning? If not, can you load it.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-17 07:38 PM
    Latest version is 1.0.0.3

Posted via CB10
    10-31-17 07:39 PM
    Oh, are you running the latest version of WhatsFixer, which has been approved this morning? If not, can you load it.

Posted via CB10
    Will have to grab wife's phone in morning. If I go into App Manager, mine shows 1.0.02. But, I loaded wife's this morning. So, hers may be 1.0.0.3
    10-31-17 08:12 PM
    OK, reloaded from BB World and got the new 1.0.0.3 version with same results. There are no labels saying "Fixed" (or not) looks exactly like .0.2 version and the fix button is still not available. Is there a folder somewhere I should check/delete etc?
    11-01-17 11:03 AM
    Sorry if this is unrelated to the purpose of this Fix, but playback of voice recordings within Whatsapp on my Passport is temperamental, the audio will randomly stop playing, go quiet (switching to headset spkr?), or skip backwards, UNLESS I hold the phone flat and perfectly vertical.
    I thought it might be something about the phone cutting off audio if you lift it to your head, but can't seem to find a setting related to that.
    Apologies if this is unrelated to the whatsapp/BB incompatibility. Can work around it by holding the phone correctly, but curious to know if it's a known problem. Cheers
    11-08-17 02:41 PM
    Hello!

I have the last BlackBerry App, with that famous announcement.

To change to android app should I unistall it, after backup of the conversations, and only then install the apk?

Thks for your reply

Posted via CB10
    Good Question, any answer? We could run both ate the same time
    11-09-17 06:14 AM
    Good Question, any answer? We could run both ate the same time
    I don't believe you can as they will conflict. I uninstalled the native version, installed the APK with "WhatsFixer" and all is -- currently -- well. Probably want to back up your current chats though.
    Rodrigo Lourenco likes this.
    11-09-17 08:20 PM
    I don't believe you can as they will conflict. I uninstalled the native version, installed the APK with "WhatsFixer" and all is -- currently -- well. Probably want to back up your current chats though.
    Why do you use it, if there's a BB10 app still working?
    11-10-17 06:41 AM
    Why do you use it, if there's a BB10 app still working?
    Because... it's going to stop working.
    11-11-17 02:13 AM
    WhatsFixer is now available for free in BlackBerry World.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/60005088

You don't need to run it if you already have run the script from OP, but it won't do any harm if you run it anyway. The app is the same as the bar file shared with a more decent UI.

The app is as simple as you can get and only need two steps :
    1) Click a button to open Device Monitor to stop WhatsApp from running temporarily.
    2) Click another button to run the fix script.

There are still issues with GIF and large video files, the limitation is clearly stated in the app too, I haven't got time to work on it yet, it's on my to-do list, please don't leave a bad review for this reason.

I deliberately didn't include a bug report button in this app as I don't want to get tons of emails on the same subject (video is not working, please fix), you can report any issue here instead.

WhatsFixer is available worldwide for all BlackBerry 10 devices running OS 10.3.1 and up.

Posted via CB10
    This is amazing, thanks for the good work

Posted via CB10
    11-14-17 05:15 AM
    I've installed whatsapp android version, but after 3 days my contacts won't sync anymore. I've already changed my contacts to international format and now i'm left with no more options. Amy ideas?

Posted via CB10
    11-15-17 04:04 AM
    I've installed whatsapp android version, but after 3 days my contacts won't sync anymore. I've already changed my contacts to international format and now i'm left with no more options. Amy ideas?

Posted via CB10
    Guess I'd ask: which OS are you running and which version of the Android WhatsApp did you install?
    11-15-17 07:38 AM
851 ... 1920212223 ...