awesome...., big thanks 100% Fixed for my BB Z3
    09-07-17 10:55 PM
    I can't type in the /1000/ my alt buton doesn't apply to the bgshell app, I use bb Q10 and I understand command line interface but I just don't knw why am finding it dificlt to type the cd app/1000/........someone help plz
    09-08-17 07:51 AM
    I can't type in the /1000/ my alt buton doesn't apply to the bgshell app, I use bb Q10 and I understand command line interface but I just don't knw why am finding it dificlt to type the cd app/1000/........someone help plz
    I don't think there is any other easy way for you
    if you cant type in bg shell
    try other apps ssh droid or etc
    maybe it work
    if no success

just two little hard way remains
    and maybe you cant use them and I don't suggest

but if you really want to fix

https://www.pocketmagic.net/ssh-to-t...rry-z10-guide/

https://gist.github.com/diorahman/4334311

when you could connect your q10 to ssh
    you must enter commands in instructions
    09-10-17 06:17 AM
    Hi Hamed. This Whatsapp fix is working awesome on my device. Thanks a lot
    hamed ghorbani likes this.
    09-11-17 12:06 PM
    Iran,
    many many tkx !
    It´s work !!!

I cant imagine why videos recorded from camera dont go away...
    09-11-17 05:45 PM
    Please this is what my own show please help me ASAP
    Attached Thumbnails Finally, the Android WhatsApp media sharing problem is solved!-tmpdoodle1505173810501.jpg   Finally, the Android WhatsApp media sharing problem is solved!-tmpdoodle1505173819699.jpg  
    09-11-17 06:53 PM
    The device storage
    Attached Thumbnails Finally, the Android WhatsApp media sharing problem is solved!-tmpdoodle1505174266799.jpg  
    09-11-17 06:58 PM
    Please this is what my own show please help me ASAP
    You've spelt android wrong in the command and in the media card folder, correcting that should fix the problem.
    09-12-17 12:05 AM
    Tanks famz .....u guyz are the best work 100%
    09-12-17 04:49 PM
    First of all, thank you Hamed Ghorbani for providing such detailed informations.

I'm CellNinja, a BlackBerry 10 developer, I'm also the creator of "WAA Fixer" which was available for some time in Beta Zone (for free, I never charged for it), but at some point I decided to give the code (for free) to two other developers who submitted their improved version of it, one for free and the other one as a paid app.

I just want to say out front that I'm not a WhatsApp user, I reactivated an old account just to test this method and it did work.

I haven't read all the 25 pages of this thread, but looking at random comments, it seems that many were having issues because they made a typo in the command line or in the folder name, some even thought the instructions were not clear enough. I personally think the instructions are perfect as is.

I'm a developer, so the first think that came to my mind was "boy I need to make an app for that", and two hours later, it's done! I still need to polish it before submitting to BlackBerry World, but if anyone wants to try it out, you can download the bar file from my Box account.

The app is pretty basic, only one screen (screenshot at the end of the post) where you can close WhatsApp through Device Monitor and then click on a button to do the magic. Don't use the app if you already have done all the steps from OP, it's unnecessary. Also, there are no validations that the magic was successful, but I've done it so many times during testing that I believe it should work right away. I'll add more testing and more visual elements on the first release in BlackBerry World.

The app needs an SD card but doesn't need the user to put his phone in developer mode. You must grant "Access files" permission to use the app for obvious reasons.

The app will be free on BlackBerry World (no estimated time of availability yet) and credits will be given to Hamed in both the app and the BlackBerry World description. I'll open source the code too, maybe some developers will want to add stuff to it.

I'll monitor this thread, but I might miss some posts, anyone can reach out to me at [email protected] at any time if they have any questions.

Roger Leblanc, aka CellNinja

Finally, the Android WhatsApp media sharing problem is solved!-img_20170916_023545.jpg
    Vladislavt, Uzi and Invictus0 like this.
    09-16-17 02:29 AM
    Hi CellNinja,

Thanks a lot for that. I'll try it soon but I would like to mention that me and some other guys can't send videos unless if we received them from whatapps. I tried to change even the SD but without any luck. Noticed that the video type change to READ ONLY when I try to send and then I have to remove the SD and insert it again to be READ/WRITE.
    Do you have any idea about how this can be solved? Would appreciate your help and thanks QUOTE=RodgerLeblanc;13022341]First of all, thank you Hamed Ghorbani for providing such detailed informations.

I'm CellNinja, a BlackBerry 10 developer, I'm also the creator of "WAA Fixer" which was available for some time in Beta Zone (for free, I never charged for it), but at some point I decided to give the code (for free) to two other developers who submitted their improved version of it, one for free and the other one as a paid app.

I just want to say out front that I'm not a WhatsApp user, I reactivated an old account just to test this method and it did work.

I haven't read all the 25 pages of this thread, but looking at random comments, it seems that many were having issues because they made a typo in the command line or in the folder name, some even thought the instructions were not clear enough. I personally think the instructions are perfect as is.

I'm a developer, so the first think that came to my mind was "boy I need to make an app for that", and two hours later, it's done! I still need to polish it before submitting to BlackBerry World, but if anyone wants to try it out, you can download the bar file from my Box account.

The app is pretty basic, only one screen (screenshot at the end of the post) where you can close WhatsApp through Device Monitor and then click on a button to do the magic. Don't use the app if you already have done all the steps from OP, it's unnecessary. Also, there are no validations that the magic was successful, but I've done it so many times during testing that I believe it should work right away. I'll add more testing and more visual elements on the first release in BlackBerry World.

The app needs an SD card but doesn't need the user to put his phone in developer mode. You must grant "Access files" permission to use the app for obvious reasons.

The app will be free on BlackBerry World (no estimated time of availability yet) and credits will be given to Hamed in both the app and the BlackBerry World description. I'll open source the code too, maybe some developers will want to add stuff to it.

I'll monitor this thread, but I might miss some posts, anyone can reach out to me at [email protected] at any time if they have any questions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170916_023545.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	429844[/QUOTE]
    09-16-17 09:48 AM
    I've responded to your email too, but I'll copy my response here to make it public...

Hi,

I don't use WhatsApp myself, so I didn't test‎ it thoroughly, I only sent one video yesterday and it did send successfully but it was a short video. I just tried again with a larger video and it fails at around 50%.

I'll check if I can do something about it, I remember seeing something in the CB thread about video size too, I'll read the thread again to see what Hamed think is the video size limit.

If you have any more details on how to bypass it, please let me know as it's hard for me to test it thoroughly.*

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    09-16-17 10:05 AM
    Unfortunately the fix doesn't work for me since it only moves the folder "WhatsApp" to the SD card but not any files or the media folder inside of it. (Guess it should)

When I try to move the one WhatsApp file in it it tells me that the file doesn't exist (even though I see it ...)

Reinstalled WhatsApp, formatted SD card and so on but nothing helped.

Did anyone experience the same issue?
    09-19-17 09:16 AM
    First of all, thank you Hamed Ghorbani for providing such detailed informations.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170916_023545.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	429844
    WOW , so thanks dear cellninja
    genius job
    I would test it and
    will add it in first post
    again thanks
    09-20-17 05:22 AM
    Hey, big thanks to the devs who have figured this out for us! I have had this working on my Classic and it's awesome.

However, now I have tried to transfer Whatsapp over to my Passport using the same SD card and I'm having problems. Tried deleting the folders from the SD card and repeating all of the steps. I keep getting error in BG Shell "Target file 'WhatsApp/WhatsApp' already exists. Use ln -f or -i to overwrite."

Any idea what's causing this or what to do to fix it? Sending picture files in WhatsApp does not work currently for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-17 08:25 PM
    Hey, big thanks to the devs who have figured this out for us! I have had this working on my Classic and it's awesome.

However, now I have tried to transfer Whatsapp over to my Passport using the same SD card and I'm having problems. Tried deleting the folders from the SD card and repeating all of the steps. I keep getting error in BG Shell "Target file 'WhatsApp/WhatsApp' already exists. Use ln -f or -i to overwrite."

Any idea what's causing this or what to do to fix it? Sending picture files in WhatsApp does not work currently for me.

Posted via CB10
    You have an alias already present that the command line can't override, use this command instead :
    ln -fs external_sd/Android/WhatsApp WhatsApp

Note that you can replace the last 'WhatsApp' string by the fully qualified path to WhatsApp folder on device, so this command line does the same except you don't have to navigate to the right folder in BG Shell before firing the command :
    ln -fs external_sd/Android/WhatsApp /accounts/1000/shared/misc/android/WhatsApp

Posted via CB10
    09-24-17 08:33 PM
    You have an alias already present that the command line can't override, use this command instead :
    ln -fs external_sd/Android/WhatsApp WhatsApp

Note that you can replace the last 'WhatsApp' string by the fully qualified path to WhatsApp folder on device, so this command line does the same except you don't have to navigate to the right folder in BG Shell before firing the command :
    ln -fs external_sd/Android/WhatsApp /accounts/1000/shared/misc/android/WhatsApp

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the reply... still didn't solve my problem but I was able to delete everything and start from square one and it did finally work this time. I ended up deleting the actual 'Android' folder that I created on the SD card and recreated it. No idea if that's what did it but it's working so I'm happy.

Thanks again!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-17 11:04 PM
    worked like a charm...thanks
    10-03-17 11:34 AM
    Please help me
    Attached Thumbnails Finally, the Android WhatsApp media sharing problem is solved!-img_20171004_055936.png  
    10-04-17 01:11 AM
    I am using z30
    10-04-17 01:16 AM
    Please help me
    The command should start with ln -s, not with an I
    10-04-17 09:59 AM
    I just used the cellninja version and it's working!
    Men you r the real mvp. A massive thanks all the way from Venezuela.
    10-05-17 04:31 PM
    Thanks and sorry for not updating my app as fast as I would like to, I've been really busy with my other app Bridge lately, I need to fix some small bugs in another app and then I'll focus on improving reliability of this WhatsApp fixer app. I'll also send it to BlackBerry World as soon as I've improved it a bit and made a decent UI for it.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-17 09:49 PM
    Thanks and sorry for not updating my app as fast as I would like to, I've been really busy with my other app Bridge lately, I need to fix some small bugs in another app and then I'll focus on improving reliability of this WhatsApp fixer app. I'll also send it to BlackBerry World as soon as I've improved it a bit and made a decent UI for it.

Posted via CB10
    Please how do I get the bar file to work on my Z30?, it's telling me the file is not supported

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 09:18 AM
    Please how do I get the bar file to work on my Z30?, it's telling me the file is not supported

Posted via CB10
    The bar file is suitable for every BlackBerry 10 device running 10.3.1 and up.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 09:45 AM
851 ... 1819202122 ...