Hello. I am new here. I have read the whole thread with interest. I have a BB 10, Classic and with the prospect of not being able to use WhatsApp I got a new BB K1 last week.
    When I tried to install WhatsApp the K1 prevented me from downloading all my old BB10 chats. I found another thread which advised downloading a File Manager App to the K1, then pressing the 'export for Android' option and saving to a SD. Then insert the SD card in the new K1, rename the copied WhatsApp folder and save in the K1 internal storage File Manager App. I did all this and then tried to reinstall WhatsApp on the K1 - with the hope I could simply download the old chats from the internal storage. But the K1 keeps telling me to use Google Play Services, rather than letting me restore from the storage.
    Perhaps there is a way to prevent my K1 forcing me to install WhatsApp via Google Play Services??? Anyone know?

Otherwise - I am wondering IF I follow all the steps above to create an Android version of WhatsApp on my BB10 - then will I be able to transport all the chats over to the K1 ??
    I really don't want to lose my old contacts and chats. I have spent 3 days researching how to do it - but am still not sure which is the best route and which will or won't work.

Now I have the new K1 I would like to start using it. I love my BB10 - but it has a cracked screen which makes it hard to read info!!

Any advice is most welcome. Thanks
    06-28-17 12:29 PM
    Hello. I am new here. I have read the whole thread with interest. I have a BB 10, Classic and with the prospect of not being able to use WhatsApp I got a new BB K1 last week.
    When I tried to install WhatsApp the K1 prevented me from downloading all my old BB10 chats. I found another thread which advised downloading a File Manager App to the K1, then pressing the 'export for Android' option and saving to a SD. Then insert the SD card in the new K1, rename the copied WhatsApp folder and save in the K1 internal storage File Manager App. I did all this and then tried to reinstall WhatsApp on the K1 - with the hope I could simply download the old chats from the internal storage. But the K1 keeps telling me to use Google Play Services, rather than letting me restore from the storage.
    Perhaps there is a way to prevent my K1 forcing me to install WhatsApp via Google Play Services??? Anyone know?

Otherwise - I am wondering IF I follow all the steps above to create an Android version of WhatsApp on my BB10 - then will I be able to transport all the chats over to the K1 ??
    I really don't want to lose my old contacts and chats. I have spent 3 days researching how to do it - but am still not sure which is the best route and which will or won't work.

Now I have the new K1 I would like to start using it. I love my BB10 - but it has a cracked screen which makes it hard to read info!!

Any advice is most welcome. Thanks
    If you're using the experimental export feature on BB10 and then importing your chat to an actual Android device, I don't believe you have to rename the folder. Have you tried these steps?

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post12538046

If you're still having problems you should post in that thread, dkonigsberg_wa still posts on CrackBerry from time to time.
    06-28-17 05:07 PM
    just realize that its extended till Dec 31 2017, lol i guess i will open this thread again later at the end of the year...
    thanks to everybody for the hard work...
    06-29-17 01:09 AM
    Thanks a lot for that solution.. everything is working fine but I noticed a problem that my SD cards change the permission to READ ONLY when I try to send a video sometimes. Any idea about the cause of that? It happens only when I use whatapp.
    Am solving it by removing the SD card and insert it again but when I try to send the same video the permission change again to READ ONLY
    06-29-17 06:34 AM
    Exporting chats and media and importing them all into the Android WA app worked perfectly fine for me. Passport OS 10.3.2
    06-29-17 09:33 AM
    If i'm not mistaken, most issues I've read above comes with a solution or two by other posters.
    Might as well comb thru the thread for solutions.

via Red Passport on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2163
    06-30-17 06:22 AM
    just realize that its extended till Dec 31 2017, lol i guess i will open this thread again later at the end of the year...
    thanks to everybody for the hard work...
    Indeed it does.

But then, why would we not use this solution which gives multiple advantages compared to the native WhatsApp on BB10?

06-30-17 06:23 AM
    Thanks for Hamed it works we well and good.
    But only one thing that android apps are killing the battery soon

Posted via CB10
    07-02-17 05:36 AM
    Indeed it does.

But then, why would we not use this solution which gives multiple advantages compared to the native WhatsApp on BB10?

Hi Jafrul,
    u can say that.....i am too lazy to do that T-T
    but thank you to enlighten me, it has more features than the native....did not know that before...
    07-03-17 03:47 AM
    Indeed it does.

I managed to follow the tutorial and setup Android version on my PP, but then I had to switch back to native one for using since android one drained my battery and made my phone hot like hell
    07-04-17 12:01 AM
    Hi,
    your tutorial was very clear, but I made a mistake. I moved the wrong folder in the newly created Android folder in the sd , so I cancelled the folder created, and restarted the procedure.
    Once I come to the end of the procedure , the GBShell message is " ln : Target file "WhatsApp/ WhatsApp" already exists. Use ln - f or -i to overwrite".
    I think it already exists , because of the first attempt.
    Should I overwrite ? Or, what do you think I have to do know ?

Many thaks for your kind help
    Anyone can help me with this issue ?

Many thanks in advance
    07-05-17 05:22 AM
    Anyone can help me with this issue ?

Many thanks in advance
    Hi
    You need delete link
    2 way is available for you
    One is
    Install rar.apk and browse or explore and find any files and folder with whatsapp name then delete them(also current location)
    Two
    Is use rm command in bgshell for delete sublink if first way dont solve, report me with screen shot from error in bgsgell to give you rm command
    07-05-17 06:29 AM
    Shall I choose one these two ? Or I have to try the oprion one first? I'm afraid I'm not so skilled on this matter...
    07-05-17 07:33 AM
    Here is the GBSHELL screenshot
    Attached Thumbnails Finally, the Android WhatsApp media sharing problem is solved!-img_20170705_145144.jpg  
    07-05-17 08:01 AM
    I just noticed that I can only send videos which I receive from whatsapp only. When I try to send a video which saved on my phone or SD from facebook or insta or camera, it give me this error 'failed to load video' then when I check the permission of the video I find it 'read only' and I have to remove the SD and return it back. After that the permission changes to 'read and write' but when I try to send it again it give me the error message and change to read only.

Anyone can support in this issue?
    07-05-17 10:15 AM
    I just noticed that I can only send videos which I receive from whatsapp only. When I try to send a video which saved on my phone or SD from facebook or insta or camera, it give me this error 'failed to load video' then when I check the permission of the video I find it 'read only' and I have to remove the SD and return it back. After that the permission changes to 'read and write' but when I try to send it again it give me the error message and change to read only.

Anyone can support in this issue?
    Some reports this issue and
    One user when change sd it fix
    Another user format it in other type like ntfs
    And fix ,try these
    It didn't happen for me
    07-05-17 01:42 PM
    Shall I choose one these two ? Or I have to try the oprion one first? I'm afraid I'm not so skilled on this matter...
    First go with one
    Then if don't work
    Send screen shot of error from bg shell
    I must see what you write there
    then I will give other solution to you
    07-05-17 01:45 PM
    Some reports this issue and
    One user when change sd it fix
    Another user format it in other type like ntfs
    And fix ,try these
    It didn't happen for me
    Thanks for your reply, i'll try to format first and see how things will go. Do you prefer a specific type or brand of SD which works with any problems?

Last question, if I format or replace the SD, shall I do all steps again or just to create folder on the SD without Shall commands?
    07-05-17 02:20 PM
    Thanks for your reply, i'll try to format first and see how things will go. Do you prefer a specific type or brand of SD which works with any problems?

Last question, if I format or replace the SD, shall I do all steps again or just to create folder on the SD without Shall commands?
    I don't test and never ask other whether they go instructions after format or not but you can test its easy

I don't know exactly whats the reason
    Maybe sd is okay and os or phone have problem
    Brand is not important all famous can be fine
    Mine is 16gb sd by apacer
    Isn't high speed or etc its regular and normal one
    07-05-17 02:34 PM
    I don't test and never ask other whether they go instructions after format or not but you can test its easy

I don't know exactly whats the reason
    Maybe sd is okay and os or phone have problem
    Brand is not important all famous can be fine
    Mine is 16gb sd by apacer
    Isn't high speed or etc its regular and normal one
    That's really weird, I tried to format the SD card then bought a new one but still the same. I gave up by formatting my BlackBerry started from the beginning but still the same. Can only send videos which I receive from whatsapp while I can send any photo even if it is not from whatsapp
    07-06-17 03:21 PM
    That's really weird, I tried to format the SD card then bought a new one but still the same. I gave up by formatting my BlackBerry started from the beginning but still the same. Can only send videos which I receive from whatsapp while I can send any photo even if it is not from whatsapp
    Change sd and still it become "readonly"
    And needs to plugout your sd?or it fixed?

Try to resize video by video comperss app with link below
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/gwqtb4...ted_3.7.04.apk
    07-06-17 03:51 PM
    Hi,
    I have downloaded rar.apk and deleted all folders named Whatsapp.
    How can I proceed?
    07-07-17 02:18 AM
    Hi,
    I have downloaded rar.apk and deleted all folders named Whatsapp.
    How can I proceed?
    its clear if you delete all file and folder now again but this time carefully do instructions
    but if still same problem
    install gbwhastapp &
    use gbwhatsapp command instead
    07-07-17 02:51 AM
    Hi, good morning all. Anyone can help me with proper /plain step-by-step on how to install GBWhatsApp? Am still having problem with media sharing. Always come up with failed message. This is the second time am trying. Last week with version 5.60. And yesterday with version 5.70

I also tried official whatsapp with success (in media sharing and video call). But I am more interested in using GBWhatsApp which offer more features compare to official. BTW...in official whatsapp, I find out too that the app sometimes lagging especially during typing or sending message which sometimes really annoying.

Any help most welcome. Tq. Cheers

Unlocked Passport 10.3.3
    07-09-17 07:25 PM
    Hi, good morning all. Anyone can help me with proper /plain step-by-step on how to install GBWhatsApp? Am still having problem with media sharing. Always come up with failed message. This is the second time am trying. Last week with version 5.60. And yesterday with version 5.70

I also tried official whatsapp with success (in media sharing and video call). But I am more interested in using GBWhatsApp which offer more features compare to official. BTW...in official whatsapp, I find out too that the app sometimes lagging especially during typing or sending message which sometimes really annoying.

Any help most welcome. Tq. Cheers

Unlocked Passport 10.3.3
    They are same, Just do all instructions instead whatsapp for gbwhatsapp ,
    Move gbwhatsapp folder to Android
    07-10-17 06:44 AM
851 ... 1516171819 ...