Yes, thank you again. At last, a solution to the problem! Works perfectly!
    06-08-17 02:40 PM
    Thanks!!! Works like a charm!!
    WhatsApp v2.17.226 and Z30 with 10.3.3.2205
    Greetings from Argentina
    06-08-17 11:10 PM
    :[/B][/U]

This looks complex, but it ISN’T. This fix is pretty SIMPLE!. Just follow the steps!

Be careful and make a backup from your chats in bb10 whatsapp and save it in other folder for restore it in android ver if you need them
    i am not responsible for lose your chats

Suggestion: Don’t waste your money in buying third party apps when this issue can be fixed 100% for free !

If it works, please LIKE this post

Prerequisites:
    1. Add a microSD card to your phone. If you don’t have, please buy one as this is a MUST for this fix to work!

2. Enable the developer mode on your BB10 before proceeding with this fix.
    Settings > Security and Privacy > Development Mode
    Turn it on, provide the password.

3. Download and install BGShellPlus or BG Shell from Blackberry World.
    (This is a command line editor. You can use any other app which has ssh editor.)
    Recommended bgshellplus:http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/19204890

4. Download and install official WhatsApp android app on your BB10
    Link: https://www.whatsapp.com/android/

5. Keep your phone in ‘Airplane Mode’ to avoid someone sending you message on WhatsApp during the fixing.

Known missing features:

1.Maybe You cant crop or resize your video by the whatsapp (also maybe you cant send video recorded by camera) however you need to change format or resize ( less than 16mb for official & less than 30mb for GBWhatsApp ) your videoes with another app like Video Converter or shrink for video in BlackBerry World they both free for video less 30 s or
    Video compress apk its free and works perfectly on bb10 with no time limit !
    Video.Compress for bb10 trusted 3.7.04

All other features work great in all versions without any problem

Note: I have tested this fix with developer mode and debug mode on.
    Thanks to Ajith Raveendran. He has confirmed this even works when the developer mode is turned off!

If you need more information on how to create symbolic link read this post check the links else lets begin fixing! :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...nal-sd-986214/
    Also
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...d-card-939705/
    (Thanks you doctor-iddqd for make me aware about the availability of SSH on BB10 phones)

Please follow the steps carefully as mentioned below :

Step 1:
    Go to microSD card location from File manager app and create a new folder named: (keep the "A" capital)

Step 2:

*Updated*

Force close the WhatsApp which is currently running on your BB10. You can follow the two steps mentioned below:
    Got to Settings > App Manager > Device Monitor > WhatsApp and click the blue ‘Close’ key on the bottom of the screen. This should close the WhatsApp app (Don’t open WhatsApp until you finish with this fix!). (Thanks Jenserm for this)
    Attachment 423284

Else, another way to do this is:

Install Android Assistants
    Download : Link (or download it from any android appstore)
    Open it : Go to WhatsApp and long press on it, select ‘Details’ and click on ‘Force Stop’. This should close the WhatsApp app (Don’t open WhatsApp until you finish with this fix!)
    Attachment 423223
    Attachment 423224

Step 3:
    - Use File Manager app: Go to below mentioned path and find the folder by name ‘WhatsApp’.
    Path: misc/android

- Then ‘Move’ (not ‘Copy’) the folder to the newly created folder Android on your external microSD card.
    Attachment 423221

Step 4: Final Step
    Open BG Shell Plus app and enter the below mentioned commands one by one:
    Code:
    $ pwd
    Here you will see the path address for BG Shell Plus folder. You need change it.
    Code:
    $ cd /accounts/1000/shared/misc/android
    Check the directory once again:
    Code:
    $ pwd
    If you see /accounts/1000/shared/misc/android, then run the last command:
    Code:
    $ ln -s external_sd/Android/WhatsApp WhatsApp
    Be careful its Ln -s ==> l=L ln means link
    Not in -s
    Attachment 423220

Done! Now you can send media to your contacts with WhatsApp android app !

Attachment 423219

Video tutorial for anyone if needed. :

Note:
    Turning off the phone or uninstalling or updating the app ?doesn’t remove this fix .
    Plugging out SD card and reinserting it and video calls and voice calls must be tested.
    by dear kksirur88 testing
    all features including voice call and video call works fine.
    also I test Plugging out SD if U reinserting it again not affect

This fix also work for GBWhatsApp or WhatsAppplus
    By changing the name of destination folder in the SD card from ‘WhatsApp’ to any named folder like ‘GBWhatsApp’ or ‘etc’
    Links for these apps:
    Download gbwhatsapp for Android apk last version
    https://www.official-plus.com/
    https://www.whatsmods.net/
    if u installed GB you must type this commend instead :
    Code:
    $ ln -s external_sd/Android/GBWhatsApp GBWhatsApp
    If you go right ,Gbwhatsapp work great without camera problem
    Attachment 423644

Again I suggest don’t waste your money on buying Nemory WhatsApp or other paid apps. They charge you $$$ for nothing!
    Use free apps like GBWhatsApp and WhatsApp+ for more features like theming.

The article and the instructions are for free use please don’t use it to sell your apps!

So so thanks from kksirur88 for spend time and make article clear

If it works, please LIKE this post [/QUOTE]
    ibsteve77 likes this.
    06-09-17 08:19 AM
    Same here its keeps saying directory not found
    06-09-17 08:21 AM
    Thus thats works perfect without fixing or how
    06-09-17 08:23 AM
    I have tried but the language remains one, directory not found
    06-09-17 09:10 AM
    Everytime I start my Passport in the morning, keeps asking me to type the Whatsapp password...

I don't know what is the password, Whatsapp doesn't have a passw.

Anyone knows?

Thanks
    06-09-17 10:25 AM
    Everytime I start my Passport in the morning, keeps asking me to type the Whatsapp password...

Anyone knows?

Thanks
    WhatsApp doesn't use password.
    So, I'm not sure what you need to do to prevent this from recurring.
    And have never encountered one to begin with.

If someone else encountered it, I'm pretty sure he/she will gladly help you out.

via Red Passport on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2163
    06-09-17 11:07 AM
    And for those who failed after countless tries, do this.

1. Move all the WhatsApp folder somewhere else in SD card or device.
    2. Delete WhatsApp from device via device monitor > storage > WhatsApp > delete button for a clean deletion.
    3. Restart phone (do a hard reboot by pressing both +- volume button until BlackBerry name appears then you let go).
    4. Reinstall WhatsApp apk.
    5. Re-register your number to the app.
    6. Wait until everything restored minus the backups.
    7. Follow instruction on post 1 to the dot (exactly as instructed).
    8. Use the above WhatsApp folder you moved earlier as the one you move to media card > Android folder.
    9. Delete whatever WhatsApp folder you have in file manager's device>misc>android>whatsapp.
    10. Remember when doing point no7 onwards, it's best you do it while in flight mode and close WhatsApp from device monitor>cpu>WhatsApp (tap on 'close' button) to close it properly.

There you go. Hope this helps.

Good luck.

06-09-17 11:28 AM

WhatsApp does not have a user-visible password, and never has.
    This problem is a side-effect of a BlackBerry bug in how backup/restore of device settings works.

WhatsApp does have code in it to "resolve" this case for the account it actually uses. However, this doesn't help if you've uninstalled WhatsApp.

There is an app called "Accounts Cleaner" that someone wrote to help you resolve this situation.
    06-09-17 03:36 PM
    Attachment 423592
    100% Working fix for WhatsApp’s android app media sharing problem! All features work awesome!

Attachment 423593
    Hi all BB10 users,

I am blackberryIRAN user.

Is the question ‘What next?’ once native BB10 WhatsApp app stops working! post Jun 30th, 2017
    Attachment 423406

Worrying you!?
    Also the WAAFixer is not working so well in the area of media sharing. So what can be done?

Fear Not! . The below mentioned fix will help you in solving media sharing issues present when using WhatsApp android app !.

best Video tutorial :

This looks complex, but it ISN’T. This fix is pretty SIMPLE!. Just follow the steps!

Be careful and make a backup from your chats in bb10 whatsapp and save it in other folder for restore it in android ver if you need them
    i am not responsible for lose your chats

Suggestion: Don’t waste your money in buying third party apps when this issue can be fixed 100% for free !

Prerequisites:
    1. Add a microSD card to your phone. If you don’t have, please buy one as this is a MUST for this fix to work!

2. Enable the developer mode on your BB10 before proceeding with this fix.
    Settings > Security and Privacy > Development Mode
    Turn it on, provide the password.

3. Download and install BGShellPlus or BG Shell from Blackberry World.
    (This is a command line editor. You can use any other app which has ssh editor.)
    Recommended bgshellplus:http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/19204890

4. Download and install official WhatsApp android app on your BB10
    Link: https://www.whatsapp.com/android/

5. Keep your phone in ‘Airplane Mode’ to avoid someone sending you message on WhatsApp during the fixing.

Known missing features:

1.Maybe You cant crop or resize your video by the whatsapp (also maybe you cant send video recorded by camera) however you need to change format or resize ( less than 16mb for official & less than 30mb for GBWhatsApp ) your videoes with another app like Video Converter or shrink for video in BlackBerry World they both free for video less 30 s or
    Video compress apk its free and works perfectly on bb10 with no time limit !
    Video.Compress for bb10 trusted 3.7.04

All other features work great in all versions without any problem

Note: I have tested this fix with developer mode and debug mode on.
    Thanks to Ajith Raveendran. He has confirmed this even works when the developer mode is turned off!

If you need more information on how to create symbolic link read this post check the links else lets begin fixing! :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...nal-sd-986214/
    Also
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...d-card-939705/
    (Thanks you doctor-iddqd for make me aware about the availability of SSH on BB10 phones)

Please follow the steps carefully as mentioned below :

Step 1:
    Go to microSD card location from File manager app and create a new folder named: (keep the "A" capital)

Step 2:

*Updated*

Force close the WhatsApp which is currently running on your BB10. You can follow the two steps mentioned below:
    Got to Settings > App Manager > Device Monitor > WhatsApp and click the blue ‘Close’ key on the bottom of the screen. This should close the WhatsApp app (Don’t open WhatsApp until you finish with this fix!). (Thanks Jenserm for this)
    Attachment 423284

Else, another way to do this is:

Install Android Assistants
    Download : Link (or download it from any android appstore)
    Open it : Go to WhatsApp and long press on it, select ‘Details’ and click on ‘Force Stop’. This should close the WhatsApp app (Don’t open WhatsApp until you finish with this fix!)
    Attachment 423223
    Attachment 423224

Step 3:
    - Use File Manager app: Go to below mentioned path and find the folder by name ‘WhatsApp’.
    Path: misc/android

- Then ‘Move’ (not ‘Copy’) the folder to the newly created folder Android on your external microSD card.
    Attachment 423221

Step 4: Final Step
    Open BG Shell Plus app and enter the below mentioned commands one by one:
    Code:
    $ pwd
    Here you will see the path address for BG Shell Plus folder. You need change it.
    Code:
    $ cd /accounts/1000/shared/misc/android
    Check the directory once again:
    Code:
    $ pwd
    If you see /accounts/1000/shared/misc/android, then run the last command:
    Code:
    $ ln -s external_sd/Android/WhatsApp WhatsApp
    Be careful its Ln -s ==> l=L ln means link
    Not in -s
    Attachment 423220

Done! Now you can send media to your contacts with WhatsApp android app !

Attachment 423219

Video tutorial for anyone if needed. :

Note:
    Turning off the phone or uninstalling or updating the app ?doesn’t remove this fix .
    Plugging out SD card and reinserting it and video calls and voice calls must be tested.
    by dear kksirur88 testing
    all features including voice call and video call works fine.
    also I test Plugging out SD if U reinserting it again not affect

This fix also work for GBWhatsApp or WhatsAppplus
    By changing the name of destination folder in the SD card from ‘WhatsApp’ to any named folder like ‘GBWhatsApp’ or ‘etc’
    Links for these apps:
    Download gbwhatsapp for Android apk last version
    https://www.official-plus.com/
    https://www.whatsmods.net/
    if u installed GB you must type this commend instead :
    Code:
    $ ln -s external_sd/Android/GBWhatsApp GBWhatsApp
    If you go right ,Gbwhatsapp work great without camera problem
    Attachment 423644

Again I suggest don’t waste your money on buying Nemory WhatsApp or other paid apps. They charge you $$$ for nothing!
    Use free apps like GBWhatsApp and WhatsApp+ for more features like theming.

The article and the instructions are for free use please don’t use it to sell your apps!

So so thanks from kksirur88 for spend time and make article clear

Thanks - It works very well for me with chatting, calling and sharing photos now.

However I have experienced one problem that I have to always open WhatsApp in order to be able to receive chats, calls or file sharing. I did not receive any notifications of those if I close it like other apps we use, such as Viber or BBM.

Any advice?
    06-09-17 09:54 PM
    Hi
    Give me some information
    Do you go instructions step by step?

Give us some screen shot from where whatsapp files are there

Then we can help you

Posted via CB11
    I am only now able to follow up on my WhatsApp issue where I downloaded and I believe followed the steps to move WhatsApp to me external card. I can receive messages, see emojis etc. but I cannot send pictures. I am attaching pics of what I saw from the android file manager. I'm not sure if I should uninstall whatsApp entirely and start over. I still have the BB version of WhatsApp on my passport.
    Attached Thumbnails Finally, the Android WhatsApp media sharing problem is solved!-img_20170610_114402.jpg   Finally, the Android WhatsApp media sharing problem is solved!-img_20170610_114414.jpg   Finally, the Android WhatsApp media sharing problem is solved!-img_20170610_114424.jpg  
    06-10-17 11:15 AM
    Deleted
    06-10-17 05:44 PM
    I have a BB passport and for some reason I can't find BG or BGplus on bb world. Any other ssh client I can use? Thanks.
    06-12-17 12:37 AM
    Read thru the comments. All the answers are there.

06-12-17 01:25 AM
    Hello friends, greetings, congratulations to the creator of this post

I am here to see if you can help me with small problem, when I do the last process in BGshell or BGshellPLus I get the following,

Ln: Target file "WhatsApp'already exist- use ln -f or -i to overwrite

Thank you, I hope your help.
    06-12-17 05:35 AM
    If you get the Information 'target File already exists', the link-file already exists and everything should work.

As I already wrote some pages before: sending video works not really and it leads to a reaction of the whole filemanagement of BlackBerry OS10: If sending video failed, every folder in the memory jumps into write-protection. You can not put a folder or file to another place in the filesystem and sending pictures is than not possible anymore. You need to restart the BlackBerry. After that, everything works again except sending video. Sending video works only in very seldom cases: if you received a small video from someone else, you have good chances, that it is possible to send it.

Using GBWHATSAPP is no solution for this problem. It's exactly the same. Right now I use GBWHATSAPP on my Passport and it has the same limitations.

This is not a failure of the SD-Card! I tested this behaviour on two Q10 and on one Passport with different normal working SD-Cards. The behaviour is the same. And some pages before I've got the suggestion to format the SD-Card to NTFS as a solution for this problem. Formatting to NTFS leads to a non function. BlackBerry only supports ExFat, a NTFS formatted SD-Card can't be used on OS10.

Just my two cents, for every other one here, who is wondering why sending video is not working and maybe afterwards pictures will also not be sent. Restarting the device helps!

Sending video fails because there is some limitations with the memory of the file system.
    06-12-17 11:51 PM
    Do I need to renew this fix after firmware upgrades ?

THANKS,
    V.
    06-13-17 06:33 AM
    Hi, before doing the whole thing, I've just a question regarding the BGShell part.
    Are there ANY space to enter between what we have to write ? On any of the three line of code ?
    Thank you for your answer and congratulations for the fix
    06-13-17 07:14 AM
    And one additional question before trying. My backup chats are under Device/misc/whatsapp/backup and then I've got Device/misc/android/HOWhatsapp2/Media.
    What should I do when copy on the SD Card ? Must I copy both, just the backup chat ?
    Thank you
    06-13-17 07:33 AM
    I again. I've found the answers regarding the spaces in the BGShell part but I'm concerned about the folders move.
    Can anybody tell me exactly what folder(s) I have to move on the SD card, if I have to modify the codes in the BGShell part and if I have to name the folder on the SD card differently than Android ?
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH
    06-13-17 09:06 AM
    This solution works fine. Congrats! One small hint instead of Android Assistant you can always use the Blackberry Google ID app by cobalt to Force Stop WhatsApp.
    06-13-17 10:08 AM
    And one additional question before trying. My backup chats are under Device/misc/whatsapp/backup and then I've got Device/misc/android/HOWhatsapp2/Media.
    What should I do when copy on the SD Card ? Must I copy both, just the backup chat ?
    Thank you
    Where is HOWhatsapp2 from? Do you have a folder in device/misc/android called WhatsApp?
    06-13-17 04:12 PM
    Did you put underscore between "external" and "sd"? That fixed the problem for me.

ln -s external_sd/Android/WhatsApp WhatsApp
    06-14-17 12:44 AM
    Thanks OP for the instructions! It's working great on my passport now. Can delay my purchase of a android BB for a while.
    06-14-17 12:44 AM
851 ... 1213141516 ...