, is there anything that can be changed in the android app to work around this issue somehow?

Posted via CB10
    I don't know
    I am thinking about that
    Its impossible to change in android apk,if it was possible nemory will fix that
    No one can change it in app
    Because of privacy & policy ,it dont let to change In this important area "media"for avoiding Espionage

Posted via CB11
    06-06-17 12:33 AM
    Hi guys, I have a question.
    What would be the steps to fix the media file issue if I am already using the android whatsapp?
    We spoke about that several times you can search and read
    It just link to another location for read & write become possible for WhatsApp

Posted via CB11
    06-06-17 12:35 AM
    Attachment 423592
    100% Working fix for WhatsApp’s android app media sharing problem! All features work awesome!

Attachment 423593
    Hi all BB10 users,

I am blackberryIRAN user.

Is the question ‘What next?’ once native BB10 WhatsApp app stops working! post Jun 30th, 2017
    Attachment 423406

Worrying you!?
    Also the WAAFixer is not working so well in the area of media sharing. So what can be done?

Fear Not! . The below mentioned fix will help you in solving media sharing issues present when using WhatsApp android app !.

best Video tutorial :

This looks complex, but it ISN’T. This fix is pretty SIMPLE!. Just follow the steps!

Be careful and make a backup from your chats in bb10 whatsapp and save it in other folder for restore it in android ver if you need them
    i am not responsible for lose your chats

Suggestion: Don’t waste your money in buying third party apps when this issue can be fixed 100% for free !

If it works, please LIKE this post

Prerequisites:
    1. Add a microSD card to your phone. If you don’t have, please buy one as this is a MUST for this fix to work!

2. Enable the developer mode on your BB10 before proceeding with this fix.
    Settings > Security and Privacy > Development Mode
    Turn it on, provide the password.

3. Download and install BGShellPlus or BG Shell from Blackberry World.
    (This is a command line editor. You can use any other app which has ssh editor.)
    Recommended bgshellplus:http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/19204890

4. Download and install official WhatsApp android app on your BB10
    Link: https://www.whatsapp.com/android/

5. Keep your phone in ‘Airplane Mode’ to avoid someone sending you message on WhatsApp during the fixing.

Known missing features:

1.Maybe You cant crop or resize your video by the whatsapp (also maybe you cant send video recorded by camera) however you need to change format or resize ( less than 16mb for official & less than 30mb for GBWhatsApp ) your videoes with another app like Video Converter or shrink for video in BlackBerry World they both free for video less 30 s or
    Video compress apk its free and works perfectly on bb10 with no time limit !
    Video.Compress for bb10 trusted 3.7.04

All other features work great in all versions without any problem

Note: I have tested this fix with developer mode and debug mode on.
    Thanks to Ajith Raveendran. He has confirmed this even works when the developer mode is turned off!

If you need more information on how to create symbolic link read this post check the links else lets begin fixing! :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...nal-sd-986214/
    Also
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...d-card-939705/
    (Thanks you doctor-iddqd for make me aware about the availability of SSH on BB10 phones)

Please follow the steps carefully as mentioned below :

Step 1:
    Go to microSD card location from File manager app and create a new folder named: (keep the "A" capital)

Step 2:

*Updated*

Force close the WhatsApp which is currently running on your BB10. You can follow the two steps mentioned below:
    Got to Settings > App Manager > Device Monitor > WhatsApp and click the blue ‘Close’ key on the bottom of the screen. This should close the WhatsApp app (Don’t open WhatsApp until you finish with this fix!). (Thanks Jenserm for this)
    Attachment 423284

Else, another way to do this is:

Install Android Assistants
    Download : Link (or download it from any android appstore)
    Open it : Go to WhatsApp and long press on it, select ‘Details’ and click on ‘Force Stop’. This should close the WhatsApp app (Don’t open WhatsApp until you finish with this fix!)
    Attachment 423223
    Attachment 423224

Step 3:
    - Use File Manager app: Go to below mentioned path and find the folder by name ‘WhatsApp’.
    Path: misc/android

- Then ‘Move’ (not ‘Copy’) the folder to the newly created folder Android on your external microSD card.
    Attachment 423221

Step 4: Final Step
    Open BG Shell Plus app and enter the below mentioned commands one by one:
    Code:
    $ pwd
    Here you will see the path address for BG Shell Plus folder. You need change it.
    Code:
    $ cd /accounts/1000/shared/misc/android
    Check the directory once again:
    Code:
    $ pwd
    If you see /accounts/1000/shared/misc/android, then run the last command:
    Code:
    $ ln -s external_sd/Android/WhatsApp WhatsApp
    Be careful its Ln -s ==> l=L ln means link
    Not in -s
    Attachment 423220

Done! Now you can send media to your contacts with WhatsApp android app !

Attachment 423219

Video tutorial for anyone if needed. :

Note:
    Turning off the phone or uninstalling or updating the app ?doesn’t remove this fix .
    Plugging out SD card and reinserting it and video calls and voice calls must be tested.
    by dear kksirur88 testing
    all features including voice call and video call works fine.
    also I test Plugging out SD if U reinserting it again not affect

This fix also work for GBWhatsApp or WhatsAppplus
    By changing the name of destination folder in the SD card from ‘WhatsApp’ to any named folder like ‘GBWhatsApp’ or ‘etc’
    Links for these apps:
    Download gbwhatsapp for Android apk last version
    https://www.official-plus.com/
    https://www.whatsmods.net/
    if u installed GB you must type this commend instead :
    Code:
    $ ln -s external_sd/Android/GBWhatsApp GBWhatsApp
    If you go right ,Gbwhatsapp work great without camera problem
    Attachment 423644

Again I suggest don’t waste your money on buying Nemory WhatsApp or other paid apps. They charge you $$$ for nothing!
    Use free apps like GBWhatsApp and WhatsApp+ for more features like theming.

The article and the instructions are for free use please don’t use it to sell your apps!

So so thanks from kksirur88 for spend time and make article clear

If it works, please LIKE this post
    I do not know if it works for me coz I'll give a try later. But I still like this post first since you have put your efforts to test and then share your findings/solutions with us
    06-06-17 02:53 AM
    do you think this same method will work to fix instagram app and boomerang!?
    06-06-17 04:49 AM
    do you think this same method will work to fix instagram app and boomerang!?
    We can share video and pictures on instagram without problem but for data of that
    I test it for instagram,couldnt link it from android data/com.instagram*** to sd not affect, still crashing when videoes are auto play
    But I don't test it for boomerang, you can test and report us

Posted via CB11
    Last edited by hamed ghorbani; 06-06-17 at 05:14 AM.
    06-06-17 04:58 AM
    I don't know
    I am thinking about that
    Its impossible to change in android apk,if it was possible nemory will fix that
    No one can change it in app
    Because of privacy & policy ,it dont let to change In this important area "media"for avoiding Espionage

Posted via CB11
    He asked DK, since he work for Whatsapp. He was the guy that made the official BB10 app! ;p

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 06:21 AM
    He asked DK, since he work for Whatsapp. He was the guy that made the official BB10 app! ;p

Posted via CB10
    What, I understand who is he
    But he ask a question and no one answered
    I prefer answerd his where is the problem

Posted via CB11
    Last edited by hamed ghorbani; 06-06-17 at 08:12 AM.
    06-06-17 07:45 AM
    Boomberang crashes when the app attempts to write the clip you just recorded. Maybe if we can move it to SD card it wont crash anymore
    06-06-17 12:00 PM
    I tried this method... but when i open status ... it affects my camera and says "camera couldn't be started"....
    Posted via CB11[/QUOTE]
    06-06-17 12:18 PM
    I tried this method... but when i open status ... it affects my camera and says "camera couldn't be started"....
    Posted via CB11
    [/QUOTE]

You goes wrong trust me send some screen shot from bg shell and folder that you create it before

Posted via CB11
    06-06-17 01:14 PM
    Boomberang crashes when the app attempts to write the clip you just recorded. Maybe if we can move it to SD card it wont crash anymore
    I installed Boomerang in my android phone then understand where it saves files, and go to my sdcard and create a Boomerang folder in my pictures folder same as android phone
    But I try several time but don't create a true link
    Link create but cant recognized where is other location....I have android rar for winrar and use file manager of that and easily can delete links,
    I Tried this commands
    $ cd /accounts/1000/shared/
    $ ln -s external_sd/Pictures/Boomerang photos/Boomerang
    Link create in photos but incomplete
    I delet again and tried
    I use this command
    $ ln -s external_sd/Pictures/Boomerang misc/android/Pictures/Boomerang

Because pictures in android folder is photos in home file manager ,they are one folder

Again link create but incomplete

Posted via CB11
    Last edited by hamed ghorbani; 06-06-17 at 02:29 PM.
    06-06-17 01:24 PM
    Brilliant!!! Thank you!!!
    06-06-17 03:53 PM
    I installed Boomerang in my android phone then understand where it saves files, and go to my sdcard and create a Boomerang folder in my pictures folder same as android phone
    But I try several time but don't create a true link
    Link create but cant recognized where is other location....I have android rar for winrar and use file manager of that and easily can delete links,
    I Tried this commands
    $ cd /accounts/1000/shared/
    $ ln -s external_sd/Pictures/Boomerang photos/Boomerang
    Link create in photos but incomplete
    I delet again and tried
    I use this command
    $ ln -s external_sd/Pictures/Boomerang misc/android/Pictures/Boomerang

Because pictures in android folder is photos in home file manager ,they are one folder

Again link create but incomplete

Posted via CB11
    Can you try:

$ cd /accounts/1000/shared/misc/android/
    $ ln -s external_sd/Pictures/Boomerang Boomerang
    OR this one instead
    $ ln -s accounts/1000/removable/sdcard/photos Boomerang

I believe this process will help us solve many issues with app running on top of the android runtime
    06-06-17 04:52 PM
    What, I understand who is he
    But he ask a question and no one answered
    I prefer answerd his where is the problem
    Yes, my question was directed to DK to see if a workaround exists that they may incorporate on the Whatsapp android version.
    But thanks for the replies anyways!

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 05:07 PM
    You goes wrong trust me send some screen shot from bg shell and folder that you create it before

Actually.. not that's not the problem... problem is I can't post video in status
    Posted via CB11[/QUOTE]
    Attached Thumbnails Finally, the Android WhatsApp media sharing problem is solved!-img_20170607_115033.png  
    06-07-17 01:23 AM

Actually.. not that's not the problem... problem is I can't post video in status
    Posted via CB11
    [/QUOTE]

Known missing features:

1.Maybe You cant crop or resize your video by the whatsapp (also maybe you cant send video recorded by camera) however you need to change format or resize ( less than 16mb for official & less than 30mb for GBWhatsApp ) your videoes with another app like Video Converter or shrink for video in BlackBerry World they both free for video less 30 s or
    Video compress apk its free and works perfectly on bb10 with no time limit !
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/gwqtb4...ted_3.7.04.apk

For status it same, but video must be less than 30s and less size too

Posted via CB11
    06-07-17 01:27 AM
    But the video is 14 mb only... and 17 seconds only...
    06-07-17 01:30 AM
    You can try with this app then report us what happened

Posted via CB11
    06-07-17 01:32 AM
    Mine works fine. No additional settings.
    Followed exactly as per first post.
    Attached Thumbnails Finally, the Android WhatsApp media sharing problem is solved!-img_20170607_143139.jpg   Finally, the Android WhatsApp media sharing problem is solved!-img_20170607_143109.jpg  
    06-07-17 01:40 AM
    Can you try:

$ cd /accounts/1000/shared/misc/android/
    $ ln -s external_sd/Pictures/Boomerang Boomerang
    OR this one instead
    $ ln -s accounts/1000/removable/sdcard/photos Boomerang

I believe this process will help us solve many issues with app running on top of the android runtime
    Boomerang folder location is in photos folder in home or pictures in misc/android folder
    These commands are unusable
    I tried a lot of commands but no results, no complete link created.

I think its because of pictures folder and photos folder both are same and both are a kind , linked .
    And perhaps reason is we cant make link in a linked folder .

Posted via CB11
    06-07-17 01:40 AM
    Mine works fine. No additional settings.
    Followed exactly as per first post.
    Yes it works but some videos haven't real size and whatsapp have problem with them,
    need they become resize then share with whatsapp

Posted via CB11
    06-07-17 01:43 AM
    Yes it works but some videos haven't real size and whatsapp have problem with them,
    need they become resize then share with whatsapp

Posted via CB11
    The actual video is 6minutes long. And you can edit the length of the video on WhatsApp itself. Otherwise it will send only limit 45seconds of video.

via Red Passport on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2163
    06-07-17 01:57 AM
    I have followed the guide and it works perfectly.
    06-07-17 01:58 AM
    Hi dear crackberry users and my friends
    I will be offline for a while maybe one month or more or year or... but if I backed, I have a new plan and will work and that,

I think the thread is now completely clear without any problem ,so Thanks from everyone help me
    All questions answered
    I think everyone can find their answers

Hope to see u here again
    Good luck,have smile

Posted via CB11
    06-07-17 04:44 AM
    Hi dear crackberry users and my friends
    I will be offline for a while maybe one month or more or year or... but if I backed, I have a new plan and will work and that,

I think the thread is now completely clear without any problem ,so Thanks from everyone help me
    All questions answered
    I think everyone can find their answers

Hope to see u here again
    Good luck,have smile

Posted via CB11
    [τ̲̅н̲̅a̲̅и̲̅κ̲̅ ч̲̅o̲̅u̲̅] ヅ again for your help, Hamed.

It has greatly helped us in this forum. And hopefully this settings of yours works way and beyond for current and future (if there's any) BB10 users.

via Red Passport on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2163
    06-07-17 04:59 AM
851 ... 1112131415 ...