BG shell i not in BB world on my BB pasport, where caan i find the same
    If you read thru the comments, some of us gave a link to the bg shell app.
    Just click the link to get the app.

via Red Passport on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2163
    05-27-17 04:02 PM
    There is an issue with the newest android version of WhatsApp in combination with this fix:

If I try to send any videos, I always get a message with the information: It is impossible to send the video, please try again later.

Than I try to send the video again without any success.

After trying to send a video even sending pictures is impossible!

If I try to send pictures, I get the information: This is not a picture file!

Now I analysed the rightmanagement of the sdcard and found the following behaviour :

After trying to send a video, the rightmanagement of the sdcard switched from 'writing/reading' to 'write protected'.

If I restart the Passport it is possible to send pictures again until I tried sending video and the sdcard switched from writing/reading' to 'write protected' again.

Is there anyone, who could comprehend this behaviour?
    05-28-17 03:43 AM
    There is an issue with the newest android version of WhatsApp in combination with this fix:

If I try to send any videos, I always get a message with the information: It is impossible to send the video, please try again later.

Than I try to send the video again without any success.

After trying to send a video even sending pictures is impossible!

If I try to send pictures, I get the information: This is not a picture file!

Now I analysed the rightmanagement of the sdcard and found the following behaviour :

After trying to send a video, the rightmanagement of the sdcard switched from 'writing/reading' to 'write protected'.

If I restart the Passport it is possible to send pictures again until I tried sending video and the sdcard switched from writing/reading' to 'write protected' again.

Is there anyone, who could comprehend this behaviour?
    Hi
    you cant send video because of size
    You must resize the video with another app less than 16 mb
    Seen error ,delete the video from chat
    And try with less size
    I dont have any problem with video in the last version of whatsapp and my sd never been write protected
    Maybe Your sdcard has problem Because you said it changed to write protected
    I think need to formated as ntfs

Posted via CB11
    05-28-17 06:01 AM
    Hi Hamed,

it has nothing to do with the size of the video since the files I send are always smaller than 15MB.

Than I will try another sdcard. Maybe it is something wrong with the card.
    05-28-17 06:25 AM
    Hi Hamed,

it has nothing to do with the size of the video since the files I send are always smaller than 15MB.

Than I will try another sdcard. Maybe it is something wrong with the card.
    Is the video shoot with your phone?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-17 07:00 AM
    I tried both, recorded by phone and other videos - it is not working.
    05-28-17 07:26 AM
    Can you import your WhatsApp backup made with the BlackBerry10 version into the Android version of WhatsApp?

If it does work, what's the best way of transfering to the Android version without losing your conversations?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Indir; 05-28-17 at 10:11 AM.
    05-28-17 07:39 AM
    Jenserm!

Your problem sulotion is the same of sulotion I said to other user but your probelm is a little different

Solution is:

Check out Video Converter in BlackBerry World
    Install it
    ! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59974895

edit your video then send and works

The problem is with size again

If you follow thread
    We understand android whatsapp in bb10 cant resize and edit video for send and showed error and videoes must be less than 16mb so as to send without changing size

Your problem is for it again

The video recorded by camera have a problem in size
    Although it is less 16mb

For example I recorded a video with 10 mb size and now want to send ,whatsapp shows it size 3.5 why?it because of a problem in size I said
    I know exactly why but its complex for me to type in en and if I want explain it in en , will be disaster

OK , however you need to change size or format with video converter in 1 minutes then send

Hope it works for u

Posted via CB11
    Last edited by hamed ghorbani; 05-28-17 at 10:14 AM.
    05-28-17 09:10 AM
    Is the video shoot with your phone?

Posted via CB10
    If you have the same

See solution in the past post

Posted via CB11
    05-28-17 09:11 AM
    Can you import your WhatsApp backup made with the BlackBerry10 version into the Android version of WhatsApp?

Posted via CB10
    Yes its possible to use imported backup by bb10 to android

If it does work, what's the best way of transfering to the Android version without lozing your conversations?

Posted via CB10
    I cant understand?!?
    U can read past posts about backup

But briefly tell
    You need make backup in your bb10 wh and save it in other location
    Then install android version
    move your backup to whatsapp folder then
    You can restore chats from beginning of useing wh by clicking on orange restore filed

Posted via CB11
    05-28-17 09:18 AM
    If you have the same

See solution in the past post

Posted via CB11
    No I don't! I am using GBWHATSAPP and I can send up to 30 mb video. I intend to tell him to use Gbwhatsapp. In addition if I record video with my phone usually I can't send it till I resize at least a second (only the video I shoot with my phone), luckily enough the Gbwhatsapp has the facility.

Posted via CB10
    hamed ghorbani likes this.
    05-28-17 09:24 AM
    No I don't! I am using GBWHATSAPP and I can send up to 30 mb video. I intend to tell him to use Gbwhatsapp. In addition if I record video with my phone usually I can't send it till I resize at least a second (only the video I shoot with my phone), luckily enough the Gbwhatsapp has facility.

Posted via CB10
    Gbwhatsapp
    Thats great
    You are right
    Yes camera videos have problem you need resize them with other app

Posted via CB11
    05-28-17 09:28 AM
    Gbwhatsapp
    Thats great
    You are right
    Yes camera videos have problem you need resize them with other app

Posted via CB11
    I used to resized the video within the Gbwhatsapp, just one second is ok.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-17 09:31 AM
    I used to resized the video within the Gbwhatsapp, just one second is ok.

Posted via CB10
    Really!!! ?? I can't understand
    I don't test with Gbwhatsapp
    Strange,
    I must test
    Your mean, you reduce one second time then it would send?

Posted via CB11
    05-28-17 09:39 AM
    Really!!! ?? I can't understand
    I don't test with Gbwhatsapp
    Strange,
    I must test
    Your mean, you reduce one second time then it would send?

Posted via CB11
    Of course just one second and Gbwhatsapp has the feature to do so.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-17 09:47 AM
    Of course just one second and Gbwhatsapp has the feature to do so.

Posted via CB10
    Ok dear
    Thanks for sharing your experience with me I will test tomorrow then if give positive result
    Would update article

Posted via CB11
    05-28-17 09:51 AM
    Ok dear
    Thanks for sharing your experience with me I will test tomorrow then if give positive result
    Would update article

Posted via CB11
    Great!

Posted via CB10
    05-28-17 09:54 AM
    I'm quite sure my problem has nothing to do with the size of the video because I tried also videos I had no problem to send in the past. I already use the tool 'Video Shrinker' from BBworld. The videos are small enough for sending in the past. I'll try to find out, why it is no working anymore.

Maybe I also have a little different use of the device because I also connect external USB devices with my Passport. Maybe there is also a problem with internal sd and external storage. I will see.
    05-28-17 09:58 AM
    I'm quite sure my problem has nothing to do with the size of the video because I tried also videos I had no problem to send in the past. I already use the tool 'Video Shrinker' from BBworld. The videos are small enough for sending in the past. I'll try to find out, why it is no working anymore.

Maybe I also have a little different use of the device because I also connect external USB devices with my Passport. Maybe there is also a problem with internal sd and external storage. I will see.
    Yes, you can retry the process from scratch. I usually sent video up to 20 or even 30 mb.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-17 10:13 AM
    Attachment 423592
    100% Working fix for WhatsApp’s android app media sharing problem! All features work awesome!

Attachment 423593
    Hi all BB10 users,
    I am blackberryIRAN user.

Is the question ‘What next?’ once native BB10 WhatsApp app stops working! post Jun 30th, 2017
    Attachment 423406

Worrying you!?
    Also the WAAFixer is not working so well in the area of media sharing. So what can be done?

Fear Not! . The below mentioned fix will help you in solving media sharing issues present when using WhatsApp android app !.

This looks complex, but it ISN’T. This fix is pretty SIMPLE!. Just follow the steps!

Be careful and make a backup from your chats in bb10 whatsapp and save it in other folder for restore it in android ver if you need them
    i am not responsible for lose your chats

Suggestion: Don’t waste your money in buying third party apps when this issue can be fixed 100% for free !

If it works, please LIKE this post

Prerequisites:
    1. Add a microSD card to your phone. If you don’t have, please buy one as this is a MUST for this fix to work!

2. Enable the developer mode on your BB10 before proceeding with this fix.
    Settings > Security and Privacy > Development Mode
    Turn it on, provide the password.

3. Download and install BGShellPlus or BG Shell from Blackberry World.
    (This is a command line editor. You can use any other app which has ssh editor.)
    Link: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...87835/?lang=en

4. Download and install official WhatsApp android app on your BB10
    Link: https://www.whatsapp.com/android/

5. Keep your phone in ‘Airplane Mode’ to avoid someone sending you message on WhatsApp during the fixing.

Known missing features:

1.You cant crop or resize your video by the whatsapp (also maybe you cant send video recorded by camera) however you need to change size or format it with another app like Video Converter in BlackBerry World
    Install it
    ! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59974895

All other features work great in all versions without any problem

Note: I have tested this fix with developer mode and debug mode on.
    Thanks to Ajith Raveendran. He has confirmed this even works when the developer mode is turned off!

If you need more information on how to create symbolic link read this post check the links else lets begin fixing! :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...nal-sd-986214/
    Also
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...d-card-939705/
    (Thanks you doctor-iddqd for make me aware about the availability of SSH on BB10 phones)

Please follow the steps carefully as mentioned below :

Step 1:
    Go to microSD card location from File manager app and create a new folder named: (keep the "A" capital)

Step 2:

*Updated*

Force close the WhatsApp which is currently running on your BB10. You can follow the two steps mentioned below:
    Got to Settings > App Manager > Device Monitor > WhatsApp and click the blue ‘Close’ key on the bottom of the screen. This should close the WhatsApp app (Don’t open WhatsApp until you finish with this fix!). (Thanks Jenserm for this)
    Attachment 423284

Else, another way to do this is:

Install Android Assistants
    Download : Link (or download it from any android appstore)
    Open it : Go to WhatsApp and long press on it, select ‘Details’ and click on ‘Force Stop’. This should close the WhatsApp app (Don’t open WhatsApp until you finish with this fix!)
    Attachment 423223
    Attachment 423224

Step 3:
    - Use File Manager app: Go to below mentioned path and find the folder by name ‘WhatsApp’.
    Path: misc/android

- Then ‘Move’ (not ‘Copy’) the folder to the newly created folder Android on your external microSD card.
    Attachment 423221

Step 4: Final Step
    Open BG Shell Plus app and enter the below mentioned commands one by one:
    Code:
    $ pwd
    Here you will see the path address for BG Shell Plus folder. You need change it.
    Code:
    $ cd /accounts/1000/shared/misc/android
    Check the directory once again:
    Code:
    $ pwd
    If you see /accounts/1000/shared/misc/android, then run the last command:
    Code:
    $ ln -s external_sd/Android/WhatsApp WhatsApp
    Be careful its Ln -s ==> l=L ln means link
    Not in -s
    Attachment 423220

Done! Now you can send media to your contacts with WhatsApp android app !

Attachment 423219

Video tutorial for anyone if needed. :

Note:
    Turning off the phone or uninstalling or updating the app ?doesn’t remove this fix .
    Plugging out SD card and reinserting it and video calls and voice calls must be tested.
    by dear kksirur88 testing
    all features including voice call and video call works fine.
    also I test Plugging out SD if U reinserting it again not affect

This fix also work for GBWhatsApp or WhatsAppplus
    By changing the name of destination folder in the SD card from ‘WhatsApp’ to any named folder like ‘GBWhatsApp’ or ‘etc’
    Links for these apps:
    Download gbwhatsapp for Android apk last version
    https://www.official-plus.com/
    https://www.whatsmods.net/
    if u installed GB you must type this commend instead :
    Code:
    $ ln -s external_sd/Android/GBWhatsApp GBWhatsApp
    If you go right ,Gbwhatsapp work great without camera problem
    Attachment 423644

Again I suggest don’t waste your money on buying Nemory WhatsApp or other paid apps. They charge you $$$ for nothing!
    Use free apps like GBWhatsApp and WhatsApp+ for more features like theming.

The article and the instructions are for free use please don’t use it to sell your apps!

So so thanks from kksirur88 for spend time and make article clear

If it works, please LIKE this post
    Big thanks man, I appreciate it.

Via CB10 /  Passport Silver Edition  / BBM Pin:2C1F6E10
    05-28-17 05:01 PM
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! Really thank you! This method works on my Q10, with GBWhatsApp. At first it didn't work because I wrongly closed the original bb-whatsapp instead (the icons are the same, only differ in size), so I thought I gave it another shot closing the other one and repeat the whole process, and now I can send pictures again using the android GBWhatsApp *big smile*.
    Thank you sir, really really appreciate this!
    05-28-17 07:35 PM
    How to restore the backup files of android whatsapp, on whatsapp installed and fixed by this method as I am moving from priv to passport.!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-28-17 09:30 PM
    How to restore the backup files of android whatsapp, on whatsapp installed and fixed by this method as I am moving from priv to passport.!!!

Posted via CB10
    It's a one way trip to android. Not the other way round.
    Sorry about that.

via Red Passport on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2163
    05-29-17 06:41 AM
    Hi Everyone!,

For those who asked about the BG Shell App, I recommend the BG SSH-SCP-SFTP free App, it works really awesome.
    This is the link from BBWORLD to get it: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...04890/?lang=es

Last friday, I've done the process, and it has worked perfectly!. I've done it in only two minutes!.

I've followed this steps:
    1) I removed the Waa-Fixer (because I had it installed)

2) I downloaded the lastest original APK Android WhatsApp version (it is 2.17.190). Warning!: It MUST TO BE "ARM" Architecture, "Android 4.0+" Minimum version and "nodpi" Screen DPI.
    You can get it from here: WhatsApp Messenger 2.17.190 (arm) (Android 4.0+) APK Download by WhatsApp Inc. - APKMirror

3) After I installed it, I closed WhatsApp APK Android from Device Monitor (the blue button at the bottom).

4) I created "Android" folder in the MicroSD Card. It has FAT32 file system.

5) I used BG SSH-SCP-SFTP free App to move the data from the device to the MicroSD.

6) Finally, I opened the WhatsApp Android version and I tested all!.
    I was able to send gifts, multimedia, audio, video, and make voice call !. It worked perfectly!.

Things I've found after installation and testing:

P1) I couldn't make Video Calls. Maybe because I called another contact who has the WhatsApp BB10 version. I'll try to do the same with another contact who has WhatsApp Android (or iPhone/Windows Phone) version and I'll tell you the results.

P2) I realized that, even if we moved the WhatsApp Android data (from the device) to the MicroSD, after I tested all, the WhatsApp folder was created again in the /device/Misc/Android folder. I deleted one file from WhatsApp folder in the MicroSD and it was deleted too in the device at the same time!. They seems to be sincronized. Is it possible?.
    I thought that when we moved the data to the MicroSD, they wouldn't appear in the device. Maybe I was wrong.

Well, I hope it was helpful for all!,

Thanks for all Hamed!,

Regards from Buenos Aires, Argentina!
    Last edited by Luciano GC; 05-29-17 at 02:17 PM. Reason: wrong words
    hamed ghorbani likes this.
    05-29-17 12:38 PM
    Great job....now my WhatsApp android version is working fine well done good work congratulations
    05-29-17 12:44 PM
851 ... 89101112 ...