I am running 10.1 MR from TMO on my Z10. I was having problems with remote file access which necessitated the need for me to rename my Mac and re-pair it to get it working properly. Now that I have finally got it to work, the old computer name still shows up in the list of devices. Since it is no longer relevant, does anyone know how to remove it?
    10-05-13 09:20 PM
    I'm guessing this is from your bluetooth list of devices paired to your phone?
    That's a good question, let me do some tinkering...

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 11:39 PM
    Under settings and Network Connections then Bluetooth.
    File Manager: How to remove previously paired Mac?-img_00000496.png
    This shows your list of paired devices...at the bottom hit the Paired icon(highlighted)
    File Manager: How to remove previously paired Mac?-img_00000498.png
    Another list is displayed of your devices, select which one and then you have the above screen shot. Here you can edit the name of said device or chose to delete.
    Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 12:01 AM
    Thank you for your post, however the "unused" mac is not visible under bluetooth paired devices. From what I understand, the pairing for remote file access is done over wifi.
    10-06-13 04:55 AM
    Have you tried removing from BlackBerry Link?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 05:56 AM
    Doesn't appear in link, only on the phone. It's orphaned.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 08:02 AM
    Try going to Settings > BlackBerry Link

Scroll to the bottom and see if you if your phantom Mac is listed there. You can highlight and delete it.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 10:35 AM
    Try going to Settings > BlackBerry Link

Scroll to the bottom and see if you if your phantom Mac is listed there. You can highlight and delete it.

Posted via CB10
    No, it's not there, only the working paired mac is there. this is really puzzling.
    10-06-13 10:56 AM
    Screenshot of file manager.. trying to delete the 3 previously paired macs (none of them work) but can't figure out how. The one titled DeanMac is working and shows as paired under setttings/bblink.
    Attached Thumbnails File Manager: How to remove previously paired Mac?-img_00000058.jpg  
    10-06-13 11:20 AM
    Screenshot of file manager.. trying to delete the 3 previously paired macs (none of them work) but can't figure out how. The one titled DeanMac is working and shows as paired under setttings/bblink.
    Never used rfa.. but perhaps I'm they are listed in accounts?
    Or try disabling link all together? Reboot, re-enable and see if the phantoms show up again
    10-06-13 11:24 AM
    Never used rfa.. but perhaps I'm they are listed in accounts?
    Or try disabling link all together? Reboot, re-enable and see if the phantoms show up again
    Not listed in accounts. Already tried disabling, rebooting mac and phone, and re-enabling but the phantoms remain.
    10-06-13 11:36 AM
    No, it's not there, only the working paired mac is there. this is really puzzling.
    Click on "Show Disconnected Devices"...?

Trusted Member Genius
    10-06-13 12:00 PM
    Main settings on z10, blackberry link, hold down the computer you want, delete
    10-06-13 12:13 PM
    Click on "Show Disconnected Devices"...?

Trusted Member Genius
    nope, not there
    10-06-13 12:18 PM
    Main settings on z10, blackberry link, hold down the computer you want, delete
    Computer listed here is the good one. The others don't show there.
    10-06-13 03:03 PM
    Why did you change the computer identification in the first place? From imac to mac etc. Maybe change it back before removing
    10-06-13 03:07 PM
    Hey Dino,
    Did you ever managed to removed the orphaned computers. I have the same problem. Trying to delete it and I get a "failed to delete ..."
    J
    whoa likes this.
    11-05-13 02:22 PM
    me too, would be great to fix this!
    11-05-13 03:31 PM
    I gave up on this and just live with it.
    palosanto likes this.
    11-05-13 05:05 PM
    I experienced the same issue last night. Security wipe/restore fixed it.
    12-09-13 03:21 PM
    I experienced the same issue last night. Security wipe/restore fixed it.
    Having this same problem as well. Security wipe and restore did not fix it. Anyone found a solution?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 12:26 PM
    I've had this issue before. I've found that if you delete the computer prior to renaming it / changing it or what ever, seems to fix the issue.

I quite often have different computers listed and delete them after I no longer require any connection to that specific computer.

If a connection gives me trouble, I delete that connection before adding it again or renaming and adding.

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 06:27 PM
    I've had this issue before. I've found that if you delete the computer prior to renaming it / changing it or what ever, seems to fix the issue.

I quite often have different computers listed and delete them after I no longer require any connection to that specific computer.

If a connection gives me trouble, I delete that connection before adding it again or renaming and adding.

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    Only helps, if you've still got the respective link session.
    If it's an old one, you can't touch it anymore.
    I have 2 orphans, probably from former instances.
    I probably simply deleted link or something like that.
    Now, whenever I use this old BlackBerry ID, the orphans pop up again.
    In link I've got the recent connection, but can't change a thing about the old ones...
    02-08-15 04:29 PM