I haven't seen this brought up anywhere, but I know it is possible to encrypt your entire memory card. Has BlackBerry made it possible to encrypt individual files similar to how windows does?

I'm also a little disappointed that they haven't added in the ability to hide files. (a bit of a work around I used in bbos instead of individual file encryption)

There is the ability to zip files, which is great. I use it for hiding confidential documents. Only problem is that when you unzip the folder, if it is above 20-30 mb it takes a few minutes to unzip...

Anyone know any good apps that do this that don't cost 4.99? Lol

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 11:50 AM
    I thought there was an option to encrypt files by going to settings-security-encryption

You might also have luck with an Android app or use parental controls to lock the file manager app

Posted via CB10
    anon(5906760) likes this.
    08-22-14 11:57 AM
    I thought there was an option to encrypt files by going to settings-security-encryption

You might also have luck with an Android app or use parental controls to lock the file manager app

Posted via CB10
    I haven't gone through all of the leak, but I don't see an option to encrypt individual file. There is an option to encrypt. Your entire SD card, but not an option for specific ones that I can find.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 01:06 PM
    The only time individual file encryption provides any protection is if you are giving someone who shouldn't see the files access to the unlocked phone.

Encrypting individual files won't protect your data from a knowledgeable attacker because the unencrypted version would often be available in slack storage.

If you have sensitive data on your phone use a strong password. If you save it on the SDCARD, encrypt the card. Don't unlock your phone for people who are unauthorised to view the data. If that is impractical get a BES so you have a secure work partition and only allowed unauthorised people into the personal partition. These are the features BlackBerry has provided to secure your data. They are far better than single file encryption or hiding.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 05:57 PM