I wait patiently for what seems like years to finally get my hands on apps - i get my 10.2.1 update, download 1mobile, go to snapchat and try and install it and get a "there was a problem parsing the package" error every time I click on snapchat to download it. Awesome.
    01-28-14 10:28 AM
    Maybe try Snap to download it? You will have to sideload Snap though.
    01-28-14 10:37 AM
    I found that Snapchat runs terribly anyways (very laggy/slow), you should load snap2chat.
    01-28-14 10:40 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-2-1-a-874153/

For all your APK needs (free ones at least).

I found that Snapchat runs terribly anyways (very laggy/slow), you should load snap2chat.
    Agreed, this is a better idea.
    Cordanim likes this.
    01-28-14 10:41 AM
    Maybe try Snap to download it? You will have to sideload Snap though.

I don't know how to side load and I'm honestly not too interested in learning. This is the reason I waited until today for 10.2.1. If there is no way to resolve this I'll give up downloading the app and eventually move on from blackberry. Getting a little tired of missing out on everything. I'm one of very few of my die hard BB friends that are still trying to show support but I'm losing my patients with the company fast and this isn't helping.
    01-28-14 10:41 AM
    is snap2chat the exact same layout?
    01-28-14 10:44 AM
    I don't know how to side load and I'm honestly not too interested in learning. This is the reason I waited until today for 10.2.1. If there is no way to resolve this I'll give up downloading the app and eventually move on from blackberry. Getting a little tired of missing out on everything. I'm one of very few of my die hard BB friends that are still trying to show support but I'm losing my patients with the company fast and this isn't helping.
    Right, because it is SOOO complicated. 'cept it isn't.

Sideload Android apps to your BlackBerry 10 device using Google Chrome | CrackBerry.com

Well, it's either that or you wait some more. Or get another device. Pick one and move on.
    01-28-14 10:45 AM
    I think you have to be resigned to constantly running into this when you're trying to run the app on an unsupported device. It's nice if you enjoy it as a hobby but is fraught with inconveniences.
    01-28-14 11:52 AM
    Pay attention go to BlackBerry World and get snap2chat sheesh

And not ALL apk's from Google will load but a huge majority will, there is an alternative here and I would suggest giving that a try.

And Google Chrome goes on your PC not your phone

From my Zed 30 running 10.2.1.1925(10.2.1.537)
    01-28-14 11:54 AM

And not ALL apk's from Google will load but a huge majority will, there is an alternative here and I would suggest giving that a try.

I don't get how. The linked snap2chat link gives you a link for a bar file and doesn't tell you what to do with it. i watched the video and it doesn't clearly tell you how either. he's clearly showing step by step what to do up to a point where he shows where to find to rows of numbers then it skips forward to talking about going to app manager in google chrome store. which i have no ******* clue what that is either.
    Last edited by ShaneN.; 01-28-14 at 12:05 PM.
    01-28-14 11:55 AM
    Post #7 is your friend.
    01-28-14 12:07 PM
    Post #7 is your friend.
    Yes yes it is, I get how it seems complex but once you get it you'll be flying along

Patience grasshopper

diegonei likes this.
    01-28-14 12:09 PM
    Post #7 is your friend.
    It's not all that clear. I get to the part where it says add your IP and it doesn't say where to find it. I assume in "about" but there is 4 different ip's. two with two variations....
    01-28-14 12:18 PM

snap2chat isn't on BlackBerry World (yet), it has to be sideloaded.

OP: Scan this with your phone (Smart Tags app) and it will take you to a link to download the Snapchat .apk to your phone. I generated the link with APK Downloader [Latest] Download Directly | Chrome Extension v2 (Evozi Official) directly from Google Play. Once it downloads, go to the file and tap it or long press and select "Install" from the side menu.
    Figures...-chart.png
    01-28-14 12:18 PM
    It's not all that clear. I get to the part where it says add your IP and it doesn't say where to find it. I assume in "about" but there is 4 different ip's. two with two variations....
    BB10: Settings � About � Network � Wi-Fi or USB � IPv4
    01-28-14 12:28 PM
    I think I got it figured out. Well i didn't, you guys did for me. I was trying to do all this stuff from my phone, no where does it mention otherwise. I tried to use that bb10 manager to load the snapchat apk and it kept saying failed. snap2chat worked fine though.
    01-28-14 12:29 PM
    Ok spoke to soon. Would have been nice to mention i need an iphone to register. At this rate I'm going to BUY a goddamn iphone.

raymond likes this.
    01-28-14 12:33 PM
    Direct load (download to your phone) Snapchat with the QR code I posted, sign up for an account, and then you can use snap2chat.
    01-28-14 12:42 PM
    Direct load (download to your phone) Snapchat with the QR code I posted, sign up for an account, and then you can use snap2chat.
    okkkkkkkkk you're the ******* man. that was so much easier and worked to get the actual snapchat. thanks.
    01-28-14 12:49 PM
    ohhhhh my ****ign god. now snapchat said the app won't run without google play app installed or some ****. so i go over to snap2chat since i now have a login and it says "i'm sorry guys snapchat is changing things again. i am working on the issue"

this **** is getting old quick...
    01-28-14 12:57 PM
    The google play message can easily be bypassed, just tap on the screen outside of the message box. Was not aware of the snap2chat message though, mine logs in just fine.
    01-28-14 01:03 PM