Just as I suspected, there really is only 1 smartphone OS platform out there, in reality and it is Google's Android Open Handset Alliance cartel variant models of phone..

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/0...oud_confusing/

Now more than never we need a re-introduction of BB10. Perhaps encrypted Sd-cards is the BlackBerry cloud...the cloud you carry in your pocket, a real physical cloud, not one of those virtual ones you can't touch with your hands (lol)....just that it is low lying cloud (or lying low?)....or a fog. Apple's cloud, looks like it is turning into a major storm.

Like the Jagger sings....hey you!...get off of my cloud!
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    08-14-19 12:45 PM
    Sounds like you see a great business opportunity. BlackBerry Limited has always been open to having someone license BB10. You should start a company and go for this new market.
    ppeters914 and app_Developer like this.
    08-14-19 01:51 PM
    Just as I suspected, there really is only 1 smartphone OS platform out there, in reality and it is Google's Android Open Handset Alliance cartel variant models of phone..

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/0...oud_confusing/

Now more than never we need a re-introduction of BB10. Perhaps encrypted Sd-cards is the BlackBerry cloud...the cloud you carry in your pocket, a real physical cloud, not one of those virtual ones you can't touch with your hands (lol)....just that it is low lying cloud (or lying low?)....or a fog. Apple's cloud, looks like it is turning into a major storm.

Like the Jagger sings....hey you!...get off of my cloud!
    Well BlackBerry will be happy to license it to anyone with enough cash to pay them... but as a company they aren't big enough to attempt to bring back BB10.
    eshropshire likes this.
    08-14-19 01:52 PM
    Sounds like you see a great business opportunity. BlackBerry Limited has always been open to having someone license BB10. You should start a company and go for this new market.
    Why? I'm not big enough, I can contribute by building a soapbox. TCL would be the natural 1st partner to do it, provided the security aspect of QNX is suitably dealt with....maybe in an arrangement with Onex through Celestica (as they did some time ago I think?) or someone else.

Also , I'm sure those US smartphone/pc electronics...tariffs coming December 15th or so, might make this a more interesting prospect for a NAFTA zone (USMCA) manufacturer?
    08-15-19 01:17 PM
    :-)
    ....fall is almost upon us, and it looks like Apple might be ripe once again for bushels of easy pickin's ...of the tumble tumble...click sort for those planning a jailbreak. I know there was something I had to do, but forgot, when I left this morning...oh right shut the barn door!. Apple is good for lots of things, but OS security I don't think should be one of them. Something that I had liked about BlackBerry 10 (BB10) security ...
    https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/0...ate_jailbreak/
    ( IOS 12.4 update )
    08-20-19 02:57 PM