So I got my Z10 the other day, its my first BlackBerry Phone (always been on Android or Windows Phone), and I have a few questions about a few things I've noticed:

1. Grouping of Messages - For some of my contacts I have more than 1 phone number for them (mobile like personal and work cell), On my Android, it bunched this together under one conversation. Is this possible for BB10 as currently I have two separate chats with the same name.

2. Adding contacts - I added my gmail account using the gmail account thing under account management however it didnt let me sync contacts, only email. So I added it as a CARDDEV account in order to get the contacts to appear in my contacts app. Now I added a contact today however I think it was on "all contacts" when I pressed add to it made a contact on the sim, gmail and local memory. I am assuming if I want to add an account to gmail only, I have to have gmail selected before I add an account as there is no option to select where to save on the page where you enter the contact details.

3. Sort of related to 1. Is there anyway of getting text messages to have their own speech bubble for each text that is sent from the same person? I am ok with the bullet point within the same speech bubble but if it was individual I'd prefer it. I am guesing there is a time limit between when the message is sent without replying to the next message received before it is attributed its own bubble.

4. Video Playback. I have a class 4 microSD card and when playing back video off it I get freezes...never happened with my android phone but I am guessing its probably the card since its fine off the flash memory..Probably need a faster one right?

5. LED! Now this is hit or miss for me. The LED sometimes doesn't flash and I've got text messages or emails waiting for me. Sometimes it flashes a bit...sometimes I have new emails yet I dont have the red action star on the account to signify new content. is this a bug that will be fixed or is there a setting to fix this?

Other than those things, I am loving my first experience with a BlackBerry. I much prefer the phone to my HTC One X. Thanks in advance for your help!
    02-04-13 02:40 PM
    No one have any ideas on any of these things?
    02-04-13 04:06 PM
    1. Grouping of Messages - For some of my contacts I have more than 1 phone number for them (mobile like personal and work cell), On my Android, it bunched this together under one conversation. Is this possible for BB10 as currently I have two separate chats with the same name.

unknown, from previous BB, I don't believe so

2. Adding contacts - I added my gmail account using the gmail account thing under account management however it didnt let me sync contacts, only email. So I added it as a CARDDEV account in order to get the contacts to appear in my contacts app. Now I added a contact today however I think it was on "all contacts" when I pressed add to it made a contact on the sim, gmail and local memory. I am assuming if I want to add an account to gmail only, I have to have gmail selected before I add an account as there is no option to select where to save on the page where you enter the contact details.

unknown sorry, all my contacts were in Outlook or my old phone (9780). I used BB Link to "copy" the 9780 to the Z10

3. Sort of related to 1. Is there anyway of getting text messages to have their own speech bubble for each text that is sent from the same person? I am ok with the bullet point within the same speech bubble but if it was individual I'd prefer it. I am guesing there is a time limit between when the message is sent without replying to the next message received before it is attributed its own bubble.

You used to have this option in previous BB versions e.g. BB5 but it seems to have gone in BB10

4. Video Playback. I have a class 4 microSD card and when playing back video off it I get freezes...never happened with my android phone but I am guessing its probably the card since its fine off the flash memory..Probably need a faster one right?

1080P video onto a class 4 is a pretty close call - consider a class 6?

5. LED! Now this is hit or miss for me. The LED sometimes doesn't flash and I've got text messages or emails waiting for me. Sometimes it flashes a bit...sometimes I have new emails yet I dont have the red action star on the account to signify new content. is this a bug that will be fixed or is there a setting to fix this?

yep, this is annoying the **** out of me too and as a previous BB user I am addicted to the LED. I think it's a bug?
    02-04-13 04:14 PM