Hello Nation,

I just picked up my BB Z10 White from rogers, and for the record this is my first bb device.

I switch from the iToy because i was bored and sick of the limitation it had. I was super excited when i got the bb 10, and now i finally come down a bit.

There are just a couple things i think that would make this OS perfect.

- LED notification. I had it on my old school samsung flip phone and im jealous that my gf's galaxy s3 for having it.
    - Switching music. Im the type of person that loves to flip through my music using my ear bud control.
    - Camera. Limited functions, ie no panorama setting.
    - i would mention apps, but i know that will come in time.

My question is, do you think the LED, switching music, and camera features will be updated?

But the red clock on black background is so hot! it's freaking awesome.
    02-06-13 10:01 PM
    Panorama may be an app available in bb world. And LED light? I'm not following you, their is one...
    02-06-13 10:11 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

- Do you mean message LED notification? If so, the phone does have LED notification. Make sure you have it turned on under Settings > Notifications.
    - I have the Klipsch S4i and all the buttons on my ear bud remote work with the Z10. Which is awesome because it apparently only works on the iPhone (at least that's what it said on the box when i bought it)
    - As for the camera. Yes, some small deficiencies there. A panorama app was demoed several months back so hopefully we see it soon.
    - As for apps. I'm with you on that one. Its just a matter of time.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-06-13 10:16 PM
    Doesn't Z10 come with LED notification? BB's are known for the addicting LED notification.
    02-06-13 10:30 PM
    Yes, i mean message LED notification. I do have it turned on but i was hoping for more. Like having the ability to have different colour LED for text, apps, email, etc. And to add to the notification, i guess i was spoiled by the iphone where i can read partial notification.

Yeah, unforunately my Dr. Dre beats do not allow me to switch songs. My only fix for that is having the screen on playlist and when i change volume the box of pause/play/skip pops up.

My next question is, are these deficiencies fixable by an update?

Or is it like the camera quality where it is just an hardware thing?
    02-06-13 10:38 PM
    Oh and is it possible to watch youtube vids while typing out an email?
    02-06-13 10:41 PM
    Most of the issues you had mentioned will all be addressed and corrected through software updates. The LED notification one in general was a big one as many miss the customization of that one. As for camera quality, I think that could use some software tweaks as well, as a lot of others agree. If you haven't do a search on here. There are all kinds of postings of pics taken by the Z10 and I was a little worried at first too, I will admit. Although I realize it's a cell phone of course and I have a good digital I use for serious pic taking, I was surprised that the cam is not as bad as some might think it is. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and uses it for different needs, but I am happy with what I see. If software can improve what I already see, then hey I'm all for it. If not, to use as a cam on the fly I am fine with it. Search the forums here and look at the pics. See for yourself.
    02-06-13 11:30 PM
    Doesn't Z10 come with LED notification? BB's are known for the addicting LED notification.
    Don't worry, it has LED notifications. Same as always.
    02-06-13 11:32 PM
    Oh and is it possible to watch youtube vids while typing out an email?
    Not split screen but yes, you can minimize your video and tap out an email while it plays in the background.
    02-06-13 11:33 PM
    Not split screen but yes, you can minimize your video and tap out an email while it plays in the background.
    +10 booyah

10 characters
    02-07-13 12:18 AM
    Yes, i mean message LED notification. I do have it turned on but i was hoping for more. Like having the ability to have different colour LED for text, apps, email, etc. And to add to the notification, i guess i was spoiled by the iphone where i can read partial notification.

Yeah, unforunately my Dr. Dre beats do not allow me to switch songs. My only fix for that is having the screen on playlist and when i change volume the box of pause/play/skip pops up.

My next question is, are these deficiencies fixable by an update?

Or is it like the camera quality where it is just an hardware thing?

You can also change the songs using the volume keys.... going to settings > system volume and then turn on the music shortcuts.
    02-07-13 12:47 AM
    yeah im so glad that i can still have a youtube clip play minimized while i type up an email. i hope in the future they can push the envelope and have multiscreens.
    02-07-13 12:48 AM
    You can also change the songs using the volume keys.... going to settings > system volume and then turn on the music shortcuts.
    awesome thanks
    02-07-13 12:49 AM
    bebuzz on bb 7 and earlier could customize all the led functions and such. hopefully they come to bb10
    02-07-13 01:16 AM