Now that I have installed 10.3.1 on my Z10 I know that it was my last BB experiment.
    I really tried to love bb10, I like the concepts, the hub and many more... BUT!!! The battery live is in not acceptable! With 10.2.x I had already the problem that the PIM service consumed >30% CPU and my Phone had a battery life time for about 3h. With some tests I figured out, that it was one of my (4) Exchange Accounts... I deleted one of them and it worked quite normal. Before that I tried everything... I swiped the phone twice... so on and so on... I spend a lot of time! Too much time... I am not a kiddy anymore . I bought BB to have a working system and not to play around.
    I expect from BB to get a system where I can use 4 Accounts without any issues. I am not interested in any Android and Amazon apps. I expect to have working Email, Contacts, Calendars!
    After the update to 10.3.1 I have spend too much time now with the phone. As soon as one of my accounts is configured the PI service is consuming 40%... even with a laptop USB I loose more battery than it will be recharged. Now it's running for the last 24h on a very high temperature and nothing changes. I'm not sure if it will burn out the battery in the next hours... If so i'll by a new phone (and definitely never ever an BB anymore).

Arrg! What a sh***t.

Andy
    Tatwi likes this.
    02-22-15 07:04 AM
    Did you install 10.3 yourself or through OTA?
    Why not try installing it yourself and using an autoloader which wipes the phone clean or any issues and starts fresh?

Since you say you have been having trouble consistently and you only have this one post, I call something fishy. So if you really want help, post again. If you are a troll goodbye.
    02-22-15 08:10 AM
    Or you could replace the battery... considering the device itself (and probably your battery) are at least 2y/o, you can easily swap out the battery. And especially with the battery pack you would always have one on standby.

Not for nothing, but you says you're not a child, but your post seems a bit childish. I understand you might have some frustration with the device/OS but you didn't even seem to look for a real solution, only a reason to gripe.

If this is your "last experience " with BlackBerry on a 2 y/o device, then I would suggest that you pick up a 2y/o device of another platform and see if you think the battery life let alone experience is any better for you.

Best of luck with whatever you do next!

Posted via CB10 on my Passport
    02-22-15 08:46 AM
    Hi, first of all I gave 3 batteries because even without bugs the the battery time was bad (The current battery is 3 month old) . I made an OTA update... why I do not use an autoloader? I simply want to use the official upgrade, I have not tested the autoloader but I can only find some windows installers... and I do not have any windows ;-( ... How much time should I spend to get it working? How much devices should I buy and test?
    02-22-15 10:11 AM
    Please check your account parameters. If you set history preference to 'forever' and you have 4 accounts with tens of thousands messages (and many items in calendar, maybe ? ), then it'll take forever to sync with your device.
    Second, you may not want to connect to all your address books (4? Different?) so be sure to disable those you don't want/need. Again, if you have thousands, both sync and merging will require a long time.

My advice is :
    1. Set one account at the time, only sync what is needed within a reasonable time-frame. If needed, you may be able to raise the interval later.
    2. If ever your accounts are as large than I suspect they are, the 'dust settling' period will be more likely in the 72hrs. Within this period, try to keep your device plugged and under wifi, do not set/unset settings and accounts.

Hope it helps.
    SF

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 10:24 AM
    Please try the autoloader it's like night and day compare to OTA. My z30 started heating up right after I installed the update with sachesi..someone suggested to use the autoloader... oh my first it was so easy/fast/effortless right away my phone started cooling down and so far all is running like it's supposed to.

Definitely give it a try before giving up ;-) it's literally download, double click and let it do its thing (make sure link is closed though)

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 10:53 AM
    My assessment is that he has a config problem with the exchange account or there is something wrong with the OS install. The clues are overheating and PIM service usage is out of wack. I would wipe the phone and load the factory image and update from there. This happens with every computer and phone in the world. we cant sit here and blame Microsoft, Mac or BB unfortunately.

You also maybe more of a power user than you think and need a bigger battery and usage than Z10 was engineered for. Z30 takes care of that problem. I would buy a Z30 if I were you. Your problems will disappear, I was abusing my Z10 too and loading a rogers OS only worked for awhile before it started causing overheats on att. It all leads back to the how and what it was engineered for me. Stay in those parameters and life will be good.
    02-22-15 11:04 AM
    Please try the autoloader it's like night and day compare to OTA. My z30 started heating up right after I installed the update with sachesi..someone suggested to use the autoloader... oh my first it was so easy/fast/effortless right away my phone started cooling down and so far all is running like it's supposed to.
    Posted via CB10
    This is exactly what I mean. Non destructive updates of software where the carrier has not approved or registry problems may exist. He is on mac so he cant use an autoloader he needs Link and a factory reset.

If you have any experience flashing Bios updated on a computer. Then you should know over the internet real time updates of a chip that can kill your motherboard is not a wise move to make. OTA update is even more of a risk.
    02-22-15 11:07 AM
    The Z10 battery is only 1800mAh. I think it's just time for you to upgrade to a newer phone.

Posted via CB10
    Serkle K likes this.
    02-22-15 11:11 AM
    Personally can't complain, my Z30 lasts at least 12 hours and that's with multiple social media apps, instant messaging, email and calls, if I scale my usage back then I can manage up to 3 days. I was running 10.2.1 and now running 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 11:29 AM