With the latest update of BB10 (10.3.1). I find that my BB10 Phones are now back up to what my Bold 9900 was a few years ago. I sang the praises of 10.3.1 in this forum thread .

It's really good now but I would like to see some additions and improvements

On full touch screen models (Z10,Z30), I would like to see the soft keyboard on homescreen operate like the physical keyboard on the Q10. You can swipe up with 2 fingers to bring up the keyboard but you can't do anything it.
    1) If you start typing on the home screen it should launch assistant with keys typed filled in
    2) If you push and hold soft keys on the home screen, it should launch shortcuts and speedial.

There are many other places were you can enable the soft keyboard, these should all operate as if it were a physical keyboard: Hub, Browser, Calendar, . . .etc.

On the Passport, the touch keyboard should operate just like the touch pad in all places. This could for example be restricted to the space bar to keep it closer to the touch pad in size. Should be able to navigate the home screen by moving your finger on the keyboard. Should be able to bring up a pointer in the browser and accurately click on a link...etc.

Stop flipping to the phone app when a call arrives, I'm tired of being in the middle of typing something and have it disappear because a call came in. Same thing happens when a call is answered and a call is hung up. They already have a pretty good solution with the little call flag at the top of the screen. This could come up when a call comes in.

My pet peeve - the active frames screen. After 2 years of using BB10, I still find the active irritating and pretty much useless for me. Give users the option to move the active frame screen to the far right of the application windows. This way when I sweep up, i would get my first page of icons, pretty much all I need.

On the passport, screen rotation for everything not just some windows.

Dark theme/light theme everywhere.

Good job Blackberry, keep going
    Just Me and pttptppt like this.
    02-28-15 07:54 AM
    More new features

Android player:
    1. Google services
    2. synchronization between Blackberry PIM databases and Android PIM datebases. This will allow android apps like caledars and contact managers to work seamlessly
    3. Control of Android permissions

Blend - BB auto correct and word substitution
    02-28-15 08:08 AM
    - Much improved camera: the hardware is there (at least with the Passport) now I would love to see advance settings such as exposure, white balance, manual time.. all with the sleek BB10 interface
    Also we need faster and better autofocus

-pic editor: new and improved set of filters

-blend: mirroring of all native apps.. BlackBerry Travel, BlackBerry password keeper

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 09:23 AM
    More new features

Android player:
    1. Google services
    2. synchronization between Blackberry PIM databases and Android PIM datebases. This will allow android apps like caledars and contact managers to work seamlessly
    3. Control of Android permissions

Blend - BB auto correct and word substitution
    +1
    02-28-15 09:27 AM
    I'm really fall in love with blackberry passport I like how to type with the brilliant keyboard. It's fast smooth device
    i think and I'm sure if Blackberry continue producing such like this devices i mean passport and classic but I'm afraid of Blackberry be LIKE ANDRIOD . Development is important but creating there own way not following the other keep going bb
    just i wish adobe flash is available for the new update
    02-28-15 12:46 PM
    I would like to see password keeper working with blend, so I have access on my desktop

Z10
    03-02-15 12:41 PM
    I would like to see password keeper working with blend, so I have access on my desktop

Z10
    Ooh, that sounds like a useful idea.

I'm also for ensuring all core productivity apps, such as LinkedIn, are up-to-par. They really have dropped the ball on this app as it should have been arguably better than the competition offerings since day 1 and sorry to say, the app still sucks.

If I see one more LinkedIn update that doesn't bring landscape support and profile editing at the minimum, I am going to pull my hair out.

-STV on Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247 TMO US
    03-02-15 07:34 PM
    I've never been interested in a single platform password manager, as much as I love Blackberry, I may someday use another platform. A decade ago I choose Keepass and it has served flawlessly. Currently my Password file is on dropbox and can be accessed from all my device (Desktop, iPhone, Android phone, WindowsPhone, Q10, Z10, Passport, Bold 9900, Bold 9700...

On that point, I just published this blog on it. Password . . .UGH!
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    03-03-15 06:19 AM
    On the Passport I would like to be able to put one thumb on the keyboard(maybe on a certain letter like the "A") then use my other thumb to navigate just like you do on the trackpad with the classic or Bold. It's great to be able to scroll up and down pages but to be able to select would be a great addition.

Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    03-05-15 11:25 PM
    With the latest update of BB10 (10.3.1). I find that my BB10 Phones are now back up to what my Bold 9900 was a few years ago. I sang the praises of 10.3.1 in this forum thread .

On full touch screen models (Z10,Z30), I would like to see the soft keyboard on homescreen operate like the physical keyboard on the Q10. You can swipe up with 2 fingers to bring up the keyboard but you can't do anything it.
    1) If you start typing on the home screen it should launch assistant with keys typed filled in
    2) If you push and hold soft keys on the home screen, it should launch shortcuts and speedial.

There are many other places were you can enable the soft keyboard, these should all operate as if it were a physical keyboard: Hub, Browser, Calendar, . . .etc.

On the Passport, the touch keyboard should operate just like the touch pad in all places. This could for example be restricted to the space bar to keep it closer to the touch pad in size. Should be able to navigate the home screen by moving your finger on the keyboard. Should be able to bring up a pointer in the browser and accurately click on a link...etc.

Stop flipping to the phone app when a call arrives, I'm tired of being in the middle of typing something and have it disappear because a call came in. Same thing happens when a call is answered and a call is hung up. They already have a pretty good solution with the little call flag at the top of the screen. This could come up when a call comes in.

My pet peeve - the active frames screen. After 2 years of using BB10, I still find the active irritating and pretty much useless for me. Give users the option to move the active frame screen to the far right of the application windows. This way when I sweep up, i would get my first page of icons, pretty much all I need.

I just 'discovered' that there are soft key shortcuts in the browser! Unfortunately not for the home screen, hub, or calendar.

Z10 Browser Shortcuts:

space bar scrolls down one screen
    shift + space bar scrolls up
    (and scales to what's visible on the rest of the screen between the top and the top of the keyboard I noticed previous leaked builds didn't do that correctly)
    K Bookmarks
    H History
    R Readability Mode (most of the time)
    W pulls open left tab overflow menu
    T goes to top of the page
    B goes to bottom of the page
    U copies url
    S searches
    L reloads tab
    P goes back
    O zooms in
    I zooms out
    * G sets current tab to new tab (shortcuts won't work when doing this as the cursor is set on the URL bar)

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    03-10-15 02:59 AM

I've been asking for these features (use touch screen keyboard for shortcuts) since last year!!

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 06:33 AM