Michael Clewly recently responded to a disgruntled Z10 owner on twitter and revealed that there is an update coming in the Spring time for BB10. He revealed some of the updates will include:

� The ability to store emails for longer then 30 days
    � The ability to receive just phone calls in bedside mode
    � Improvement in notifications
    � Improved calender stability

He can be reached on twitter at @MichaelClewley. He seemed pretty responsive to the one user so you may want to contact him if you have some serious issues with BB10. Included is a summary of his tweets:

Feature update for BlackBerry 10 is coming 'soon'-tweets.jpg
    02-24-13 11:47 AM
    LOL Might be more useful if all the tweets at him weren't just "this is awful" "that is awful."
    02-24-13 12:08 PM
    I feel bad for Michael, he is being bullied.
    Nothing in BB10 is "horrible", this guy is over exaggerating.
    Good to know updates are coming!
    02-24-13 12:14 PM
    Spring starts in March 21st.

That's a long wait.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 03:01 PM
    What is horrible in BB10 is the horrible Facebook and Twitter apps. There is no reason whatsoever that the Z10 should have launched with these subpar apps. At the very least they should be the equivalent of their iOS and Android counterparts.

Posted via CB10
    bozzo, Creaulx and Enyigma like this.
    02-24-13 06:16 PM
    What is horrible in BB10 is the horrible Facebook and Twitter apps. There is no reason whatsoever that the Z10 should have launched with these subpar apps. At the very least they should be the equivalent of their iOS and Android counterparts.

Posted via CB10
    Stop it. They're not "horrible". A little buggy, but hardly unusable, and they're both beautiful.

Haven't I told you a million times not to exaggerate?
    02-24-13 06:22 PM
    One man's horrible is another fans buggy. Always shoot the messenger.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-24-13 06:24 PM

Posted via CB10

Make it stop! Make the over exaggerating stop!
    02-24-13 06:29 PM
    Language is important. I absolutely see room for improvement in the Twitter app; it seems a little silly that it needs to open the browser just to show a pic, and I'm pretty sure that all the text parsing rules aren't in place yet. And agreed, the fb app is too dependent on the mobile sites and seems to mangle the timeline from time to time. Flawed, sure, and I'm eager to see these issues addressed, but I have a hard time seeing "horrible".
    02-24-13 06:37 PM
    Language is important. I absolutely see room for improvement in the Twitter app; it seems a little silly that it needs to open the browser just to show a pic, and I'm pretty sure that all the text parsing rules aren't in place yet. And agreed, the fb app is too dependent on the mobile sites and seems to mangle the timeline from time to time. Flawed, sure, and I'm eager to see these issues addressed, but I have a hard time seeing "horrible".
    I had a chance to play with the Z10 twitter app for awhile the last few days and it is certainly subpar at best when compared to the iOS and Android official app.
    02-24-13 07:29 PM
    My comparison is the current BBOS Facebook and Twitter apps. In comparison to those, the BB10 ones are a horrible embarrassment. Heck, the BB10 Twitter app is almost less useful than the mobile website (and looks almost identical to it).

Yes, these need a lot more work. I'm disappointed with what they were able to build for first release, and hope there is a very good (even if not publicly discussable) explanation for it.

Posted via CB10
    madx80h and bozzo like this.
    02-24-13 09:31 PM
    The explanation is this:

The BB software team decided it was more important to focus on locking down the OS so that it was ready for launch.

Im sure they could've taken another couple of weeks to make the FB and Twitter apps flawless, but i (and pretty much everyone else) would rather have the phones available sooner and just have any issues fixed through incremental updates, rather then delaying the entire launch to make FB work smoother.

It's what we refer to in the business world as "priorities"
    02-24-13 11:12 PM
    Spring starts in March 21st.

That's a long wait.

Posted via CB10
    2 months after launch is too long a wait for an update? seriously?
    02-24-13 11:13 PM
    The explanation is this:

The BB software team decided it was more important to focus on locking down the OS so that it was ready for launch.

Im sure they could've taken another couple of weeks to make the FB and Twitter apps flawless, but i (and pretty much everyone else) would rather have the phones available sooner and just have any issues fixed through incremental updates, rather then delaying the entire launch to make FB work smoother.

It's what we refer to in the business world as "priorities"
    The BlackBerry OS 10 development team is surely not the same team responsible for the core BlackBerry applications including Twitter and Facebook and BlackBerry Travel.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    brout likes this.
    02-24-13 11:21 PM
    Spring runs from 21 March until 21 June.

02-24-13 11:23 PM
    My comparison is the current BBOS Facebook and Twitter apps. In comparison to those, the BB10 ones are a horrible embarrassment. Heck, the BB10 Twitter app is almost less useful than the mobile website (and looks almost identical to it).

Yes, these need a lot more work. I'm disappointed with what they were able to build for first release, and hope there is a very good (even if not publicly discussable) explanation for it.

Posted via CB10
    There's a big difference between stating your reaction ("I'm disappointed...") and issuing a sweeping value judgement ("They're horrible..."). I can't argue with your disappointment, and I'll even agree that you have a point (yes, they do need work), but to try to claim them to be "horrible" seems a mischaracterization.
    02-24-13 11:24 PM
    Spring runs from 21 March until 21 June.

02-25-13 12:48 AM
    There's a big difference between stating your reaction ("I'm disappointed...") and issuing a sweeping value judgement ("They're horrible..."). I can't argue with your disappointment, and I'll even agree that you have a point (yes, they do need work), but to try to claim them to be "horrible" seems a mischaracterization.
    I'm fairly certain I saw you commenting on another site, on an article you disagreed with, being insulting and abusive to the author.
    Here you are lecturing people on their language.
    Interesting.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 09:28 AM
    RIM/BB is able to do ALOT more with constructive criticism rather than just saying things are "horrible" etc. The Execs are very responsive on Twitter and if enough people ask them about a certain feature, etc, they WILL respond. Obviously it is difficult to respond to every single question.
    02-25-13 10:48 AM
    RIM/BB is able to do ALOT more with constructive criticism rather than just saying things are "horrible" etc. The Execs are very responsive on Twitter and if enough people ask them about a certain feature, etc, they WILL respond. Obviously it is difficult to respond to every single question.
    I don't get it, the twitter dude tweeted things were awful, then went into detail.
    That, I would think, is far more helpful than just telling them everything is great.

Bear in mind, the CrackBerry review didn't mention several of the severe email flaws.
    We have an Elite team member on these forums who said the OS was ready to blow everyone away, faster than anything seen before etc.

As power users, I find it very hard to believe these two people didn't notice these problems with the email client, notifications, bedside mode etc when they had them as daily runners leading up to release.
    There's no point giving phones to people who will just tell you they're great without offering constructive feedback.
    That leads to problems like the PlayBook, and, on a smaller level, the Z10.

They can't fix problems they don't know are there.
    02-25-13 10:55 AM
    I'm fairly certain I saw you commenting on another site, on an article you disagreed with, being insulting and abusive to the author.
    Here you are lecturing people on their language.
    Interesting.

Posted via CB10
    What he said is true. Language matters. Using sweeping statements that exaggerate the issues is a problem on crackberry. I have no idea what you're talking about with your fairly certain memory of abuse but I can say I completely agree with him in this instance and I have never seen him be abusive to anyone on these forums.
    02-25-13 11:10 AM
    I hate it when BlackBerry says "Soon." I have been conditioned to interpret that word to mean "Never. "

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB, Elite1, Creaulx and 1 others like this.
    02-25-13 11:12 AM
    True. There's are a lot of chicken littles in these forums though! :-)

"OMG - I can't believe the phone doesn't go for 12 days on a single charge while streaming music over LTE and playing a 3D shooter. Screw you RIM! You're doomed!!! DOooooooooooooooooomed!!!! Z10 sucks in every way and is far worse than every other phone out there at everything!!!! EVERYYTHIIIIIIIINGGGG!!!!!"
    02-25-13 11:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree, though BB developed the Facebook app. I think it's time the fb devs were given a Q10 and a Z10 for a little 'dog fooding'.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 11:22 AM
    I had a chance to play with the Z10 twitter app for awhile the last few days and it is certainly subpar at best when compared to the iOS and Android official app.
    Can you be more specific? What is subpar about them? Everything or some things?

I ask actually because I use Facebook a lot and Twitter a little and have been burned in the past with apps switching platforms.
    02-25-13 11:27 AM
131 123 ...