I was thinking it would be really useful if I could drag my finger over each message in the BlackBerry Hub to see the contents appear as Preview Window.

As I drag my finger from message to message the preview window changes In the center of the screen show the contents of each message.

The preview window disappears when I release my finger.

The preview window only appears after I've hovered over a message for two seconds or more.

When Preview window is not visible then dragging my finger just continues to scroll like it does today

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 04:07 PM
    What will bring up the actions on the right, then?

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 04:10 PM
    What will bring up the actions on the right, then?

Posted via CB10
    Is there a folder with the checkbox icon in the top right that controls whether that appears or not

Edit: Oh I see what you mean now I don't see any reason why you couldn't have both the right-hand action panel and a preview in the center
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by incongruent; 05-07-15 at 04:26 PM.
    05-07-15 04:12 PM
    Is there a folder with the checkbox icon in the top right that controls whether that appears or not

Edit: Oh I see what you mean now I don't see any reason why you couldn't have both the right-hand action panel and a preview in the center
    Posted via CB10
    What device do you have? It sounds like you have more real estate than I do. My Z30's action bar takes over 50% of the screen when invoked. Not sure how a preview and action bar would show at the same time.

Perhaps the check mark box could toggle preview mode?

But ultimately, BlackBerry has swipe actions for next/previous and left/right arrows to quickly and easily go through each email. The preview is only going to show you partial email, whereas just going to the next message shows you whatever will fit. So I see it as diminished returns given the existing next/previous functionality.

I think the only case this would be useful is where you pinch the hub to show only unread messages, the next/previous doesn't work since the emails are not necessarily from same account.
    05-07-15 04:57 PM
    What device do you have? It sounds like you have more real estate than I do. My Z30's action bar takes over 50% of the screen when invoked. Not sure how a preview and action bar would show at the same time.

Perhaps the check mark box could toggle preview mode?

But ultimately, BlackBerry has swipe actions for next/previous and left/right arrows to quickly and easily go through each email. The preview is only going to show you partial email, whereas just going to the next message shows you whatever will fit. So I see it as diminished returns given the existing next/previous functionality.

I think the only case this would be useful is where you pinch the hub to show only unread messages, the next/previous doesn't work since the emails are not necessarily from same account.
    It takes ~2000ms to switch between messages. I was hoping something like the hub would preload the content of the ~11 messages on screen and switch between them in the preview window in something less than 200ms. I guess it would be nice to allow plugin development so that if a user wants a customized experience they can have that. Bbos7 was great for that. Bb10 is on rails by comparison.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 06:44 PM
    It takes ~2000ms to switch between messages. I was hoping something like the hub would preload the content of the ~11 messages on screen and switch between them in the preview window in something less than 200ms. I guess it would be nice to allow plugin development so that if a user wants a customized experience they can have that. Bbos7 was great for that. Bb10 is on rails by comparison.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think 200ms is a possible number since it takes some number of ms to even register the finger press and hold.
    What if I wanted to scroll and move line by line with my finger?

I guess a mock up would be needed to get a better idea of what you intend, but I can imagine there are lots of corner cases that need to be thought out for it to be intuitive and not obtrusive.
    05-07-15 11:11 PM