Does Password Keeper allow individual apps to be locked? I didn't know this; cool to learn something new.
    No it doesn't

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 08:14 PM
    Privacy Suite Pro may be close to what you want.... http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-a...-april-25-2014

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 08:21 PM
    No it doesn't

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for clarifying.
    03-08-15 08:22 PM
    I don't like the locking the whole device either.... had a child wipe my PlayBook that way one time. And I've pull my phone out of my pocket a few times with two or three tries used up on the password. (I forget to disable the swipe feature to unlock).

I wish we could use Balance as consumers... I tried the Free version of Cloud BES last years and did like being able to separate some stuff and keeping it private. But unless they have started allowing you to install any APK you want in the BES Container... it really isn't useful for personal usage.
    03-09-15 08:56 AM
    It would certainly be a welcome feature if you ask me.

a simple way of being able to create a folder and assign a password to it and then drop in there apps you want to be inaccessible without password would be I imagine an easy and effective way to do that.

I would definitely welcome such feature!

PS: a consumer oriented version of the BES separation of personal and work space would also be really interesting (even at a logical cost and stripped down so as to not pose a threat to BES sales)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by currentodysseys; 03-09-15 at 09:24 AM.
    03-09-15 09:03 AM
    A way to get things besides pictures into the SD Card. Particularly downloads from the 7digital music store. My Z30's main memory is almost 2/3rds full.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 09:15 AM
    another feature I would love to have, but would be a password protected account by account feature in the hub. Like with a timer option, so if I leave the phone say for x minutes, the hub would open but to read that account or send mails a password would have to be entered.

I could use that one for sure as well

(sorry, it is not too relevant with the initial question, which I commented on in my previous post, but I thought I d throw that in the wish basket )

Posted via CB10
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    03-09-15 09:23 AM
    80% of what you said as nothing to do with the topic at hand.... you can lock by holding the power button and tapping lock. Oh wow so difficult. Another way to lock is setting the auto lock to 1 min... or auto lock when holstered.

Posted via CB10
    Actually it has EVERYTHING to do with the topic at hand: requesting a feature that another phone has.

Now work in I.T. and propose to a fleet of users that to lock the phone coming from BBOS you must Press and Hold and press the screen to lock. Now do it with one hand. Now if you're in a rush as busy work-a-holics do and real professionals do is press the wake/sleep button and forget it. By default and something MANY IT BES Admins overlook due to the corporate culture driving security policies ...

Device LOCK is 3-10-30mins
    Work Space is locked to 3mins or more.

Now ... explain to me how this is not hard to comprehend or even evaluate as a REAL issue or not a request that USED to be on a BB and exists on other platforms and should be requested like our hosts request and like yourself as others to the thread OP has had to him being publicly ousted without deep thought into how this affects others beyond yourself?

Hmmm.
    03-09-15 07:33 PM
    I don't like the locking the whole device either.... had a child wipe my PlayBook that way one time. And I've pull my phone out of my pocket a few times with two or three tries used up on the password. (I forget to disable the swipe feature to unlock).

I wish we could use Balance as consumers... I tried the Free version of Cloud BES last years and did like being able to separate some stuff and keeping it private. But unless they have started allowing you to install any APK you want in the BES Container... it really isn't useful for personal usage.
    Did it manage to type "blackberry"...? LOL :-D

(not sure whether this was available back then, but 2.1 has got it, iirc?)

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    Last edited by Prem WatsApp; 03-10-15 at 10:03 PM.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    03-10-15 12:15 AM
    More stickers please. Tools not toys, remember.
    03-10-15 08:08 AM
    How about having the blackberry logo on the back of the phone light up when there is a message and your phone is turned upside down?
    03-10-15 09:44 AM
    I would love for certain apps to lock … or even easier - to lock my child INTO a folder, where you have to give a password to leave.

Unfortunately I've had to scrub all my personal and business stuff off my iPad, because we allow our son to play games on it during car rides. Well, he was able to go in and out of folders & apps so quickly … deleting, drawing, writing new stuff as he went along. As soon as we got back into wifi - it synced with my office computer and phone …. scrambled and lost contacts, sent illegible emails, deleted notes and files.

The time he played on it was about an hour, but what a mess!
    03-10-15 10:09 AM
    Why keep it on your phone? That's why 60+in tvs exist

Posted via CB10
    Miracast and DLNA of course
    03-10-15 08:06 PM
    The moment BlackBerry stops looking to innovate, catch up and improve - we are back to where we were 5 years ago.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    Picture password and a swipe sensitive keyboard coupled with an ultra secure phone is not innovative??

~Better with Blackberry~
    03-14-15 12:57 PM
    Picture password and a swipe sensitive keyboard coupled with an ultra secure phone is not innovative??

~Better with Blackberry~
    They were the last to add picture password, swipe sensitive components have been around long before bb10 and the ultra secure part is debatable with the android runtime and installation methods we use. So, not really, no .

But my point isn't that they "aren't" innovative - but if they stop allowing ideas and considering alternatives (people arguing against this post) then innovation won't be for long. Plz take the sentence in context with the thread it isn't meant as a Bbry statement .

03-14-15 01:20 PM
    Picture password does not exist in the same fashion as it is on BB10...I just demonstrated to a younger gentleman with an iPhone. He was looking right at my device while I was doing it and could not figure it out. Ironically, this was at an ATT store, they gave him a Classic as a "work" phone. I showed him how to set it up. He was amazed. The best thing Blackberry did while they (were) sinking is buy QNX...which has way more capabilities than Android or Apple. Android and Apple do not have security built into their chips....so there are software limitations as far as what can be done security wise on those devices.

~Better with Blackberry~
    03-14-15 01:28 PM
    But your right...I'll save it for another thread. As far as features I would like on my Blackberry is to be able to adjust App permissions for Amazon and Android apps in the same fashion as I can with Blackberry World apps. I recognize I do have a choice on what is installed or not installed but it would be an added bonus to limit needless permissions on third party Apps.

~Better with Blackberry~
    03-14-15 01:34 PM
    But your right...I'll save it for another thread. As far as features I would like on my Blackberry is to be able to adjust App permissions for Amazon and Android apps in the same fashion as I can with Blackberry World apps. I recognize I do have a choice on what is installed or not installed but it would be an added bonus to limit needless permissions on third party Apps.

~Better with Blackberry~
    I agree. App permissions is one of those non-negotiable for me with regards to daily driver.
    03-14-15 01:43 PM
    Call log history like BB OS7. It's so easy to have a entire called/received/missed history under one number.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 02:21 PM
    Call log history like BB OS7. It's so easy to have a entire called/received/missed history under one number.

Posted via CB10
    agreed on that one! You do have a brief "history" in the calls log and then in the contact info in your contacts book under activity, but the BBOS6-7 had a very rich and concentrated info reporting on that. I got to forget the specifics since then but I do clearly remember liking it and using it a lot!

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 02:36 PM
    As far as features I would like on my Blackberry is to be able to adjust App permissions for Amazon and Android apps in the same fashion as I can with Blackberry World apps.
    Amen brother!

03-14-15 10:21 PM
46 12