I don't know if this is the Right place to post this, but here's one feature that I miss from legacy OS.
    When I type the name of a contact in the sms recipient box, I used to be able to type his name without accent on my 9900 and before, and it would autocomplete, even if the contact has an accent in is name.

For example, when I type Remi, it would show Rmi. Now it shows no results.

I understand it's not a top of the list feature, but it made my life so much easier. Plus it should't be that hard, since it already works in universal search and contact app search.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 06:38 PM
    So their name is R'mi? but you want to type "Remi"? and have it autocomplete?

If you call them Remi, why not just make it so in our contacts?
    07-03-13 06:50 PM
    Because I like to have people called by their real name in my contacts, and not use some tricks to find them fast. The accent is not just something aesthetic, it serves a purpose in French pronunciation.
    I believe in this case, my phone should adapt to me, not the contrary.

Also, I believe I have around 500 contacts, and it's fair to say at least 1/3 of them have accents in their name, that would be a lot of renaming.
    Especially since what I ask used to work on legacy devices, and I believe it's just something they forgot or didn't have time to implement in BB10.

As I said, it's not a top of the list request, it's just a detail that makes life on bb10 better.

Oh, and since I'm talking details, does someone know how to do the degree character? I just can't find it (just like in legacy, though)

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 04:22 AM
    So their name is R'mi? but you want to type "Remi"? and have it autocomplete?

If you call them Remi, why not just make it so in our contacts?
    I just noticed the accent didn't work when posting via cb10. To be clear, I call my friend R'emi (with the accent on 'e'), I just'd like to type Remi and have it autocorrect / autocomplete in the recipient box, cause it's faster to do so.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 04:27 AM
    The CB 10 app can't accept accents for whatever reason. I have french and English language installed on my phone, so if I type Montral or things like that it will put the accent in for me. If done through CB 10 app though the e in Montral will be missing. Similar to you with the name Rmi.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 09:07 PM
    My wish was heard since a 10.1 update (if I recall well), but they seem to have forgotten it again in 10.2.1.1055

Hope it comes back in future 10.2.1.x updates, it's the only glitch I've seen in this OS so far

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 04:55 PM