Does anyone know how often your contacts refresh? My contacts sync with my gmail & seem to USUALLY sync quite often. However I'm not sure about my facebook contacts. I added someone yesterday to my facebook friends. Now more then 24 hours later they are STILL not showing up in my contacts (though they do show up on the FB app as my friend) I have tried to force it to pull a new FB list by a variety means & none have worked. I have even done my first ever Q10 battery pull. Not because I had any problems with my phone, but to see if it would force a re-sync of my FB contacts.....& for nostalgic reasons.

So to summarize:
    1 - How often does FB sync with your contacts list?
    2 - How can I force this to happen sooner?
    08-09-13 11:57 AM
    I'm not sure of the rate of how often but if you want to force the refresh, delete the Facebook account and then re-add it.
    08-09-13 01:46 PM
    I'm not sure of the rate of how often but if you want to force the refresh, delete the Facebook account and then re-add it.
    That's about the only thing I haven't tried. I have tried making changes to my FB account, but don't want to delete it In case it messes up all my linked contacts. I don't want to have to link them all back up. BBRY should make a "Merge Contacts" feature where if you have 2 or 3 or 4 contacts all with the same name, it will merge them in the contacts app. Currently you have to do that all manually & I have:
    Email,
    Facebook,
    LinkedIn,
    BBM
    08-09-13 02:24 PM
    It actually does link contacts together if they share the same phone number, email address, etc. However, you cannot "merge" contacts and can only turn off the accounts you don't wish to see.
    08-09-13 03:59 PM
    It actually does link contacts together if they share the same phone number, email address, etc. However, you cannot "merge" contacts and can only turn off the accounts you don't wish to see.
    It does if they share the same email, but not if they have the same name. It should ask you if it detects multiple contacts from different sources all with the same name, but it doesn't.

Also you can "merge" the accounts. Or if you prefer to use BB's terminology, "Link" them.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 04:51 AM
    I have observed the same thing with my Facebook contacts as well. Same with OP I didn't really want to delete the account and re-add for fear of losing the contact links or merges I did manually.

Facebook integration leaves a bit to be desired to be honest. For example I find once the Facebook app fails to retrieve any messages or updates (which happens randomly because of network failures) then it just won't get any further messages or updates unless you restart the phone. I've restarted the phone more times because of this than any other problem... It's not right that I've only had the Z10 for 3 months and I've started it about 10x more than I did my Playbook which I've had for 2 years.
    12-01-13 07:32 AM