06-24-15 11:22 PM
    belfastdispatcher and Omnitech? Did we just go back to 2013??!

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.2204
    *popcorn*

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 11:54 PM
    If that life jacket was made of lead.

Posted via CB10
    How many customers would BB be left with if they discontinue Legacy BIS and BES?

Not even 10 millions, probably more like 5 millions really.

Sounds to me like a proper life jacket alright.
    06-25-15 05:45 AM
    *popcorn*

Posted via CB10
    Red hots! Get your red hots here...

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 06:16 AM
    How many customers would BB be left with if they discontinue Legacy BIS and BES?

Not even 10 millions, probably more like 5 millions really.

Sounds to me like a proper life jacket alright.
    You can see it however you like; you have a right to that opinion, but the BIS is something that is holding BlackBerry back; FACT!

No one said BIS wasn't still making BlackBerry some money, we're just pointing out a simple fact. Also, you can't expect BIS to keep making BlackBerry some money for very much longer. There may very well soon be a breaking point where BIS will pull BlackBerry down to the depths like a boulder on a chain strapped to their ankle. The more people that move away from legacy devices (be it to BB10 devices or otherwise), the less the carriers will be willing to pay for a service they no longer want a part of.

Before you know it, BIS will cost BlackBerry more money than it produces. What will that precious life jacket be like then?

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 01:16 PM
    You can see it however you like; you have a right to that opinion, but the BIS is something that is holding BlackBerry back; FACT!
    Facts don't work on him, you're wasting your time.
    06-25-15 01:21 PM
    Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 05:28 AM
    Lol I like how you think puting the word in caps makes it a fact

Also BIS is still useful and being used in developing countries.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 05:31 AM
    Some food for thought

"BlackBerry has a real problem, and it only becomes evident when you dig into the numbers. It�s this: BB7 users, who make up about 22m of its 33m subscribers, are deserting the platform at the rate of about 5m per quarter, while it�s only adding about 1m BB10 subscribers in the same period.

If this pattern continues, then by the end of this fiscal year � that is, February 2016 � there will be next to zero BB7 users, and only slightly more than 15m BB10 users. That will represent probably the bottoming out in subscribers, but will also mean that two key sources of revenue for BlackBerry � service revenues and handset sales � will effectively stop."
    "And in the just-gone quarter, those two categories made up 78% of its revenues � and the profit on the services, which only applies to BB7 users, amounted to about $211m.

Here�s the problem: once the BB7 users are gone, so are pretty much all the service revenues. And look how soon that could happen:"

https://theoverspill.wordpress.com/2...g-bad-problem/
    06-26-15 11:39 AM
    Lol I like how you think puting the word in caps makes it a fact

Also BIS is still useful and being used in developing countries.

Posted via CB10
    The fact that I typed it in. Capital letters doesn't make it a fact. A fact is a fact, simple as that. You can choose to ignore the fact, and have a different opinion on it; but that doesn't change the fact.

Whether it's developing countries or low income and cheap first world people, BIS is holding BlackBerry back.

All these BIS discussions are akin to the Microsoft and Windows XP. So many people willing to just let go of the old and aging.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 12:50 PM
    The fact that I typed it in. Capital letters doesn't make it a fact. A fact is a fact, simple as that. You can choose to ignore the fact, and have a different opinion on it; but that doesn't change the fact.

Whether it's developing countries or low income and cheap first world people, BIS is holding BlackBerry back.

All these BIS discussions are akin to the Microsoft and Windows XP. So many people willing to just let go of the old and aging.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry it can't be a fact, it's simply another opinion.

What wouldve happened if BlackBerry quit BIS as soon as they launched BB10?

Also while USA/UK and wherever else may not be reliant on BIS quite a few developing countries (majority of BlackBerry users) are and still use it more heavily then BB10.

I don't see an issue of them keeping it up until their BB5/6/7 users dwindle. Maybe when it starts becoming an issue (loss) for them they can issue an "EOL" or whatever it may be for BIS.

Lol on that note I still do like XP

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 02:38 PM
    Sorry it can't be a fact, it's simply another opinion.

Also while USA/UK and wherever else may not be reliant on BIS quite a few developing countries (majority of BlackBerry users) are and still use it more heavily then BB10.

I don't see an issue of them keeping it up until their BB5/6/7 users dwindle. Maybe when it starts becoming an issue (loss) for them they can issue an "EOL" or whatever it may be for BIS.

Lol on that note I still do like XP

Posted via CB10
    This is where you're mistaken. BlackBerry can I'll afford waiting until it's too late to do something about it. A clear plan should be put in place (technically they should have had a plan and had executed it already, but I digress) to get users off their archaic devices and on to new technology.

Spending what little resources they have on keeping BIS alive for the handful of users that remain is a mistake that might cost BlackBerry dearly.

And about XP, BBOS on BIS is similar to running XP on a 10 year old laptop while connecting through a 56.6k. Dial-up modem in 2015 (not a joke, but hilarious none the less).

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 07:55 PM
    This is where you're mistaken. BlackBerry can I'll afford waiting until it's too late to do something about it. A clear plan should be put in place (technically they should have had a plan and had executed it already, but I digress) to get users off their archaic devices and on to new technology.

Spending what little resources they have on keeping BIS alive for the handful of users that remain is a mistake that might cost BlackBerry dearly.

And about XP, BBOS on BIS is similar to running XP on a 10 year old laptop while connecting through a 56.6k. Dial-up modem in 2015 (not a joke, but hilarious none the less).

Posted via CB10
    Except BIS brings in profit doesn't cost them resources.

And since the NOCs are still used in BB10 imagine BB having to maintain all the NOCs for just a handful of BB10 users that don't bring in revenues.
    06-27-15 02:40 AM
    Except BIS brings in profit doesn't cost them resources.

And since the NOCs are still used in BB10 imagine BB having to maintain all the NOCs for just a handful of BB10 users that don't bring in revenues.
    You keep believing that BIS will always bring BlackBerry profit; it won't. BlackBerry keeps losing users, and even if they stop losing users they will continue to lose legacy users to newer technologies. BIS and Legacy needs to be let go.

You might disagree, and have your own opinion on this; but the fact remains that keeping archaic devices and services alive will eventually hurt BlackBerry.

No amount of fantasy from BIS supporters will change that simple and undeniable fact.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 01:45 PM
    Facts don't work on him, you're wasting your time.
    Noticed that

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    06-27-15 07:53 PM
    What hurt BlackBerry's handset business isn't the decline of BBOS/BIS (which was inevitable as it is a dying uncompetitive platform which RIM/BlackBerry long ago terminated most of its development/support staff and resources), what hurt them was primarily the lack of success of BB10 in the mass market. (And the resultant evisceration of the company as they've been forced to downsize and drastically cut costs in order to survive.)

The only reason anyone pays any attention at all to BBOS/BIS these days is because their new platform failed to catch on. Separate matters.
    06-28-15 09:40 AM
141 ... 456