Everyone would agree that recently all forums have been just about fans and trolls bashing each other.
    A typical thread:
    A troll who does not even use a BlackBerry posts - "Who else is disappointed" and never responds to the post.
    Meanwhile all fans get into a defensive mode and start bashing the troll on a personal level. Other trolls keep chipping in so that these threads keep trending.

Leave these threads alone. We all know BlackBerry monitors the internet forums for feedback and as fans we should try and provide them some constructive criticism that will allow them to bring improvements. Ofcourse, trolls will chip in but just try and ignore them. It is a fact that BlackBerry is a new OS and lacks certain features other mature OSs have. We need to bring our priorities to BlackBerry so that they can deliver.
    06-11-13 07:29 AM
    There is a problem where people with actual feedback gets attacked by so called fans.
    And also vice versa

Posted via CB10
    advcomputer likes this.
    06-11-13 07:33 AM
    Love BBRY and consider myself a user, not a fan. However, I agree with the OP. If I could change one thing it would be the silence from BBRY on some of the known issues.
    06-11-13 08:00 AM
    Love BBRY and consider myself a user, not a fan. However, I agree with the OP. If I could change one thing it would be the silence from BBRY on some of the known issues.
    I actually won't blame BlackBerry on the silence. Almost all the companies are silent on the missing features. I would expect a statement only if they done something wrong. The need for more and receiving them in the updates and not in statements is what keeps the consumers sticking to a product. The suspense at times helps. But BlackBerry needs a better marketing strategy for sure.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 10:29 AM
    Problem is people get polarised into one of the two groups at the moment, there is no middle ground.
    Ah well, I've reduced my posting anyway cos I think one of the mods is stalking me and I can't figure out why.
    06-11-13 11:20 AM
    I actually won't blame BlackBerry on the silence. Almost all the companies are silent on the missing features. I would expect a statement only if they done something wrong. The need for more and receiving them in the updates and not in statements is what keeps the consumers sticking to a product. The suspense at times helps. But BlackBerry needs a better marketing strategy for sure.
    Points noted. As a user, I do not expect BBRY to comment on every little issue; however, they could have done a better job of communicating to capitalize on the swell of goodwill after the official release of BB10. In some ways, the non-response reminds me of the company's (then RIM) approach re the PlayBook and the immediate criticisms around it (lack of native email, to name one deficiency).

It seems to me that someone in BBRY marketing, and elsewhere up the corporate chain, have forgotten that mindshare is just as important as marketshare. While BBRY has done a decent job with updates, I find the lack of communication irritating. BBRY cannot afford to do/be like other companies in its fight to regain marketshare. It has to be different and must dare to be different. Saying something is "coming soon" - with no projected timeframe given - does nothing to win the minds and purchasing ability of the people the company is trying to attract and those it is trying to keep.

All of this while acknowledging BBRY is more than about the phone. Nevertheless....
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-11-13 11:40 AM
    German management model - a "bit" different, but usually highly efficient (hopefully...).
    06-11-13 04:45 PM
    There is a problem where people with actual feedback gets attacked by so called fans.
    And also vice versa

Posted via CB10
    True, and sometimes people put poor or misleading titles on their threads and/or don't explain their problem clearly.They get flamed instead of being asked to clarify what their problem really is.

EDIT: Also sometimes the OPs native language is not English and people don't cut them any slack for the difficulties in translation.
    06-11-13 05:35 PM
    Everyone would agree that recently all forums have been just about fans and trolls bashing each other.
    A typical thread:
    A troll who does not even use a BlackBerry posts - "Who else is disappointed" and never responds to the post.
    Meanwhile all fans get into a defensive mode and start bashing the troll on a personal level. Other trolls keep chipping in so that these threads keep trending.

Leave these threads alone. We all know BlackBerry monitors the internet forums for feedback and as fans we should try and provide them some constructive criticism that will allow them to bring improvements. Ofcourse, trolls will chip in but just try and ignore them. It is a fact that BlackBerry is a new OS and lacks certain features other mature OSs have. We need to bring our priorities to BlackBerry so that they can deliver.
    Eh mods got to step up and handled useless threads.There's plenty that shouldnt get a look in.I know they've been patrolling lately and have thinsg going on but they need to step up and regulate.
    06-11-13 05:40 PM
    Trolls and fans/apologists are equally terrible. In both cases, average intelligence is rarely palpable.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 09:27 PM