I have been meaning to post this for quite some time - but was hoping to see this issue raised by others too. However, I haven't noticed any serious complaints with bluetooth function for the OS version 10.2.1.2273.

I'm not sure if I fully remember if this was the OTA update from AT&T or if it was a leak I installed. I think it was late March. But since then the bluetooth performance has taken such a big hit that I cannot use bluetooth for conversations anymore at all. Even sitting alone in my home all by myself in the wee hours of the morning people on the other side complain of serious static noise. So much so that I have not been using bluetooth for conversations for the past 3 months. I'm still using bluetooth to listen to music though - that still works fine. Both my bluetooth headsets are facing the same issue.

After a long time today I thought of trying bluetooth conversation using Bold 9900 in trying to rule out the chance of the problem lying in the bluetooth headset itself. Unsurprisingly - there were absolutely no complaints when using the same bluetooth with the Bold 9900.

I would like to know if this is a known issue - and if so does anyone have a reliable solution for this.

Hare Krishna
    Sridhara-syama dasa

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 09:50 PM
    Trying to attach screen shot of my OS - not sure why it is not working. Is it not possible to attach images when posting via the CB10 app?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 09:52 PM
    Make sure your permission is on

Posted on CB10
    07-10-14 09:56 PM
    Thanks for the reminder

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 10:12 PM
    Make sure your permission is on
    Posted on CB10
    Gave permission - still didn't work. Trying again after exiting and restarting the CB10 app. Looks like it worked this time around.

Hare Krishna
    Sridhara-syama dasa

Facing bluetooth blues since OS 10.2.1.2273-img_20140710_213728.png

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 10:15 PM
    Just out of curiosity in your BT settings do you have the Rsap toggled on, it made a diff for me in my car.
    07-10-14 10:15 PM
    Just out of curiosity in your BT settings do you have the Rsap toggled on, it made a diff for me in my car.
    Upon your recommendation I did toggle the Rsap to on - though not sure if & how much it helped. I do not have any problem hearing the other party in conversations but they complain of hearing terrible static noise even though I am in a totally secluded room early in the morning and there are no surrounding noises in my environment at all. So - for the past few months I am only able to use both my bluetooths for hearing lectures on my phone - but it would really help if I am able to use this for what they are really intended for.

I am surprised nobody else on the forums is complaining about this issue

This past Sunday I had another surprising experience. I was out all day and both the bluetooth headsets were in my Honda Pilot for 12 hrs straight but I did not use either of them - choosing to hear my lecture / kirtans via the car speakers via the audio auxiliary connection (via cassette adapter). Upon getting home I switched on the blutetooth to continue hearing the lecture and faced terrible static so much so that I had to turn it off. I tried toggling off and on few times thinking that the connection will settle down but it never happened.

The next day the bluetooth started working fine again.

I have absolutely no clue what might be going on - and getting a bit desperate to put this issue behind me. I got better things to do with my time - seriously.

Hare Krishna
    Sridhara-syama dasa
    07-23-14 09:59 AM
    Somehow or other - without planning one day I had good experience with the bluetooth. And upon some reflection I remembered that I had recently rebooted the phone.

Before that I had tried many times to switch off and on both of my bluetooths - without thinking of rebooting the phone. Then after some days I again had issues with my bluetooth. This time I simply switched the bluetooth service on the phone to off and back again to on and the problem went away.

So - for now - at least in my situation - I think I have the solution to my bluetooth issue.

Hare Krishna

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 03:47 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=941601

I have a similar problem.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 07:26 PM