Hmm this thread makes me uncomfortable about BB. This is the reason why I want to ditch android -- random **** on my phone. I don't want some stupid app I'm not actually running to eat up my battery or data when I'm travelling. No fun if BB also does the same.
    austriker likes this.
    08-23-14 04:59 PM
    Task Manager
    Thanks. Will give it a try.

"Dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    08-23-14 07:39 PM
    So why don't the items that show up in Task Manager appear in Device Monitor?

Posted via CB10
    immitchell likes this.
    08-23-14 09:59 PM
    I Force Close my Android apps using Ghost Commander..!! its been more than 8 hrs now they haven't restarted back yet, so yeah this works like a charm for me, also I am using latest 10.3 leak.

Ghost Commander File Manager is available in BBW
    Note: Name is file manager but it does many other things also :P
    Also its an Android port, but it cant run in background.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-24-14 07:38 AM
    I Force Close my Android apps using Ghost Commander..!! its been more than 8 hrs now they haven't restarted back yet, so yeah this works like a charm for me, also I am using latest 10.3 leak.

Ghost Commander File Manager is available in BBW
    Note: Name is file manager but it does many other things also :P
    Also its an Android port, but it cant run in background.
    That's not good if it occurring in 10.3 and BlackBerry is pushing the use of Android apps and the Amazon Store. Once again, something people are not going to want to deal with.

You are using the dual panel file manager from Ghost Squared? I don't see anything in the app description for killing apps.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 08:05 AM
    That's not good if it occurring in 10.3 and BlackBerry is pushing the use of Android apps and the Amazon Store. Once again, something people are not going to want to deal with.

You are using the dual panel file manager from Ghost Squared? I don't see anything in the app description for killing apps.

Posted via CB10
    Go to the section called applications. Open it. Then scroll down to settings. Hold it for a second and click open

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 08:45 AM
    Go to the section called applications. Open it. Then scroll down to settings. Hold it for a second and click open

Posted via CB10
    In what? Ghost Commander?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 08:55 AM
    In what? Ghost Commander?

Posted via CB10
    yup
    08-24-14 09:21 AM
    Task Manager
    Loaded it up...4 android items running. Killed them and selected ignore. They haven't returned. However, on waking the Z this AM, I had 3 different android items running that self started during the night. Again, killed them and placed on ignore. Will see what I find running tomorrow morning. Hopefully the iterative process of kill and ignore will stop allowing this crapola to self start.
    I didn't realize I had that much android stuff.

08-24-14 11:09 AM
    Doesn't ignore just ignore them without stopping them?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 11:40 AM
    Task manager and task killer available from Blackberry world does this.

They both stop running once you close them.

Posted via CB10
    So does Ghost Commander.
    08-24-14 06:28 PM
    Doesn't ignore just ignore them without stopping them?

Posted via CB10
    yes. ignore does not stop them
    08-24-14 06:29 PM
    Yes but they close the apps temporarily and then the apps reopen. Want proof? Kill all your running apps, wait an hour without opening any apps, open the task manager and you'll see that they never really did close
    Not once has this happened with task manager. I mainly use task manager to kill any android processes running. They never reopen again unless I run one of maybe 3 android apps I have.
    I've never had an app or process reopen after it was closed. Basic Blackberry process will reopen but no process that does not need to.

I tried your suggestion and still could not get an app or process to reopen.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 07:19 PM
    I've always wondered about the 'right way' (i.e. saving data, ending processes, freeing cache, etc.) to close android apps that don't provide an explicit "exit" or "close" button in their UI. In some, when you press on the virtual back button twice, it brings up a pop-up that says "press back again to exit". I thought perhaps this was 'the way' people exit apps in android devices (i.e. by just 'backing out of them' all the way). However, a few days ago I did a Google search about it and a bunch of xda forum threads came up with developers discussing this very topic and it seemed that the 'double-back' exit, even though it is common, is "against Android development best practices."

So... I'm back to no knowing what the best way to exit android apps is. Nevertheless, I use Ghost Commander and ES task manager to kill/force close android apps when they misbehave.
    08-24-14 07:25 PM
    How do we make hibernation work in greenify?
    Mine says enable automation.

Hehehe
    08-24-14 08:02 PM
    what is annoying is that ALL apps do this. Not just android apks. Why can't we force close any app in device manager?
    We only can force close headless apps, but what's the point?
    08-24-14 08:57 PM
    I've always wondered about the 'right way' (i.e. saving data, ending processes, freeing cache, etc.) to close android apps that don't provide an explicit "exit" or "close" button in their UI. In some, when you press on the virtual back button twice, it brings up a pop-up that says "press back again to exit". I thought perhaps this was 'the way' people exit apps in android devices (i.e. by just 'backing out of them' all the way). However, a few days ago I did a Google search about it and a bunch of xda forum threads came up with developers discussing this very topic and it seemed that the 'double-back' exit, even though it is common, is "against Android development best practices."

So... I'm back to no knowing what the best way to exit android apps is. Nevertheless, I use Ghost Commander and ES task manager to kill/force close android apps when they misbehave.
    Showing up the menu were the last used apps are and swiping on them.

Posted via my Limited Edition Z10.
    08-24-14 09:53 PM
    Showing up the menu were the last used apps are and swiping on them.

Posted via my Limited Edition Z10.
    What do you mean? You're not talking about the active frame home screen are you?.. because that doesn't *really* work, as evidenced by this thread's existence.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 10:27 PM
    yes. ignore does not stop them
    Yes...I got that wrong, did not understand ignore function. Had to edit ignore today.

08-24-14 10:46 PM
    It can only kill Android apps. I recommend using the built in task manager to kill apps instead.
    I think Android's really draining the battery on BB10...
    08-25-14 12:05 AM
    It can only kill Android apps. I recommend using the built in task manager to kill apps instead.
    I think Android's really draining the battery on BB10...
    How do we access the built in task manager? I learn something new everyday

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    08-25-14 12:27 AM
    So am I understanding that ghost commander is better than the simple task manager app that I use because ghost will kill the android app for good but when I kill it with task mgr the android app will resurrect itself?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 12:33 AM
    Isn't there an android permission which controls this 'headless' or 'respawning' behaviour?
    08-25-14 04:36 AM
    Isn't there an android permission which controls this 'headless' or 'respawning' behaviour?
    if only we could control Android permissions just like native apps permission..!!
    either you accept all the permissions or just cancel the installation, after installation also if you go to permissions they are not interactive and permanently selected, so you are left withe USE or DELETE.

this is another thing which gets in way while using android apps..!!
    08-25-14 04:56 AM
    So am I understanding that ghost commander is better than the simple task manager app that I use because ghost will kill the android app for good but when I kill it with task mgr the android app will resurrect itself?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, that has been my experience over the last two days with ported apps that won't close and don't appear in Device Monitor.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 06:02 AM
83 1234