I have been using my BlackBerry Q5 for about 8 months now, at first it felt fine, I really enjoyed using it and had a great experience with BlackBerry 10. But now after using it for so long, I feel left out from the crowd, the main reason for that is the Apps.

Facebook.
    The native Facebook app is ultra bad. Its laggy at times, weird bar shows at the bottom when I scroll downwards, the top bar which has the option to post a picture or write a post appears and disappears randomly without any animation and also scrolls the page a little when it does so, and now with the last few updates, I am seeing my news feed being repeated over and over again. People are screaming in the reviews about these issues which means that I am not the only one facing these issues.

WhatsApp.
    WhatsApp gets the job done, but with the 2nd last update, the gap between the messages has been increased slightly, I only have a 3.1 inch screen and I expect to see as many messages at once without having to scroll. And when I scroll upwards, the Send button hides but when I scroll down, the Send button pops up with a very weird and choppy looking animation. For some reason i don't like that.

9GAG.
    The 9GAG App is too basic when you compare it with the Android version. And I don't know why but some reason the GIF images play slowly when you're watching them for the first time. They play at normal speed when they repeat playing. This does not happen on Android.

Skype.
    It's just an old Android port, I cannot even receive calls until I have the app open. It shows all missed calls when I open it.

Another thing with Twitter and Facebook is that I cannot stop the contacts from getting synced in my contact list, I know I can stop them from showing in the Phone and Contacts apps but no matter what you do they still appear in Universal Search and also when you're sending someone an E-mail.

With all these issues I now feel like exchanging my Q5 for an Android device. I've used 2 Android devices in the past before I made the switch to BlackBerry as I wanted to try out a new platform. But now, I feel BB10 still has a long way to go in terms of Apps.
    11-02-14 09:21 AM
    Good Luck on your next move. Bye.
    11-02-14 09:49 AM
    I have been using my BlackBerry Q5 for about 8 months now, at first it felt fine, I really enjoyed using it and had a great experience with BlackBerry 10. But now after using it for so long, I feel left out from the crowd, the main reason for that is the Apps.

Facebook.
    The native Facebook app is ultra bad. Its laggy at times, weird bar shows at the bottom when I scroll downwards, the top bar which has the option to post a picture or write a post appears and disappears randomly without any animation and also scrolls the page a little when it does so, and now with the last few updates, I am seeing my news feed being repeated over and over again. People are screaming in the reviews about these issues which means that I am not the only one facing these issues.

WhatsApp.
    WhatsApp gets the job done, but with the 2nd last update, the gap between the messages has been increased slightly, I only have a 3.1 inch screen and I expect to see as many messages at once without having to scroll. And when I scroll upwards, the Send button hides but when I scroll down, the Send button pops up with a very weird and choppy looking animation. For some reason i don't like that.

9GAG.
    The 9GAG App is too basic when you compare it with the Android version. And I don't know why but some reason the GIF images play slowly when you're watching them for the first time. They play at normal speed when they repeat playing. This does not happen on Android.

Skype.
    It's just an old Android port, I cannot even receive calls until I have the app open. It shows all missed calls when I open it.

Another thing with Twitter and Facebook is that I cannot stop the contacts from getting synced in my contact list, I know I can stop them from showing in the Phone and Contacts apps but no matter what you do they still appear in Universal Search and also when you're sending someone an E-mail.

With all these issues I now feel like exchanging my Q5 for an Android device. I've used 2 Android devices in the past before I made the switch to BlackBerry as I wanted to try out a new platform. But now, I feel BB10 still has a long way to go in terms of Apps.
    To each's own Bhaji. A lot of people aren't app dependent. BB OS works in my favor. I agree with you, FB app does lack, but I use the web version of FB and it seems to work out pretty good. Me personally, I don't like Android, but that's me. Get what ever fits your needs. I will say, there i a world of a difference between the Q5 and the Z30 in regards to viewing webpages...etc. Good luck on your decision
    11-02-14 10:03 AM
    Hey, did you know that BlackBerry can use Android apps? What? No wayyyyy? Who knew this? Seems like Apple has been keeping this hidden. Stupid Microsoft.

Try a using a leak or experimenting with Android apps. You may find your problems are resolved

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 10:09 AM
    I know we can install Android apps, but I want to use the native ones, for example iGrann is a great alternative to Instagram. And Nemory Studios makes some wonderful apps like Twittly, I even have Blaq installed. Apps like these are what I want. I am willing to use my Q5 for years to come, but I just wish BlackBerry fixes the apps. BB10 is great when it comes to senind and receving E-mails and setting up reminders and stuff, but the Apps matter to me. Like at least the basic ones like Facebook. I think I described everything above in a bit harsh way but it does get really frustrating at times, I apologize for that.
    11-02-14 11:33 AM
    I know we can install Android apps, but I want to use the native ones, for example iGrann is a great alternative to Instagram. And Nemory Studios makes some wonderful apps like Twittly, I even have Blaq installed. Apps like these are what I want. I am willing to use my Q5 for years to come, but I just wish BlackBerry fixes the apps. BB10 is great when it comes to senind and receving E-mails and setting up reminders and stuff, but the Apps matter to me. Like at least the basic ones like Facebook. I think I described everything above in a bit harsh way but it does get really frustrating at times, I apologize for that.
    Sooooo... you want the apps to be native... but you're considering going to get an Android? Where as you can just download them onto your BlackBerry Q5? Some apps just aren't good enough on BlackBerry... Yet

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 12:12 PM