03-18-16 12:01 PM
38 12
tools
    OK, just humor me for a minute! BlackBerry has sold phones using hub integration as a major selling point, including for apps like FB.

What from a legal prospective, would allow them to not accept a warranty return after FB integration stops in the hub? I checked the warranty docs and didn't see anything that they would be able to use.

Posted via CB10
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    03-16-16 12:11 PM
    Yep thats Valid Argument !
    03-16-16 12:18 PM
    Does the warranty mention the Hub or Facebook?
    03-16-16 12:23 PM
    Your BlackBerry is working properly. Facebook app is not BlackBerrys responsibility when they cannot obtain the corect API's.

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm, damien kupuku and bakron1 like this.
    03-16-16 12:45 PM
    But, the phone was sold as having hub integration for the app. BlackBerry changed the app and it stopped.

It would be the same as a cars headlights. Your dealer needs to change the switch, but now the headlights don't work. You still have a car, but would you not bring it back anyway and demand a refund or one that works?

Posted via CB10
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    03-16-16 12:56 PM
    But, the phone was sold as having hub integration for the app. BlackBerry changed the app and it stopped.

It would be the same as a cars headlights. Your dealer needs to change the switch, but now the headlights don't work. You still have a car, but would you not bring it back anyway and demand a refund or one that works?

Posted via CB10
    Got a point

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 01:01 PM
    Is there anywhere (I mean - tech specs, warranty, marketing materials, etc) where hub integration with FB is mentioned?

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    03-16-16 01:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    The HUB is also working properly. The problem is that you don't have the facebook app anymore. For other platforms the facebook app is developed by Facebook. There was no support from Facebook to BlackBerry. Facebook won't give the new API's to BlackBerry.
    For the car headlights example. If there is only one company that could provide the materials that switch is made from and they won't sell it to the 3rd party manufacturer, the manufacturer has to provide you with that switch made from different materials. So no API's being replaced with the browser experience.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 01:52 PM
    As your country' s legislation may allow it, I strongly advice you all to sue RIM, for they cannot block a function of their product without even noticing their customers. I believe you may have Good chances to Win and get a refund.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 03:09 PM
    So no API's being replaced with the browser experience.
    But I'm specifically talking about hub integration. The browser experience doesn't push notifications to the hub.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 03:19 PM
    But I'm specifically talking about hub integration. The browser experience doesn't push notifications to the hub.

Posted via CB10
    I understand that, but the Hub functionality wasn't compromised. Starting 1st of April the previous version of the Facebook app will no longer work. BlackBerry can't give you the a functional app because Facebook won't colaborare. If you use Face10 you will still have HUB integration, in the same time when you installed the latest update of the Facebook App you were being notified about the fact that you no longer have HUB integration. The problem is not with the hub, it is with the app.
    I hope you can get your money back on warranty, maybe you will succeed, but I think the reason would be that you don't have a working facebook app. The HUB is still working.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 04:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    If you instruct Facebook to email all of your notifications, then they will appear in the HUB and you can open the app from there.

So, technically, Facebook still works with the HUB.
    03-16-16 04:32 PM
    The Hub is working and Facebook is working. They just don't work together like they did before. That would be like your headlights working but they don't turn on automatically at night. The manufacturer has an obligation to fix it under warranty if they can. If they can't then you might be able to do a class action suit and get $20. However, you aren't entitled to a new car.
    03-16-16 04:40 PM
    So, would you expect a laptop supplier to refund you your money if the OS dropped support for something?
    For instance, if you installed Windows 10 and it no longer supported your DVD drive?

I'm not even going to apologize for saying this: GROW UP! How could this POSSIBLY be Blackberry's fault? The phone / Hub still work just fine - an INDEPENDENT, THIRD PARTY NON-BLACKBERRY ENTITY CHANGED THEIR APPLICATION!

Rather than looking at your warranty, maybe go out and sue FACEBOOK.

Seriously, I just shake my head some days ...
    FahedAlDerbi likes this.
    03-16-16 04:45 PM
    So, would you expect a laptop supplier to refund you your money if the OS dropped support for something?
    For instance, if you installed Windows 10 and it no longer supported your DVD drive?

I'm not even going to apologize for saying this: GROW UP! How could this POSSIBLY be Blackberry's fault? The phone / Hub still work just fine - an INDEPENDENT, THIRD PARTY NON-BLACKBERRY ENTITY CHANGED THEIR APPLICATION!

Rather than looking at your warranty, maybe go out and sue FACEBOOK.

Seriously, I just shake my head some days ...
    Everyone using Vista and XP should sue microsoft. At least they have more money.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    03-16-16 05:08 PM
    OK, just humor me for a minute! BlackBerry has sold phones using hub integration as a major selling point, including for apps like FB.

What from a legal prospective, would allow them to not accept a warranty return after FB integration stops in the hub? I checked the warranty docs and didn't see anything that they would be able to use.

Posted via CB10
    Warranty covers hardware and occasionally firmware issues.

Try reading the EULA.

Worst thread ever.

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm likes this.
    03-16-16 05:46 PM
    Warranty covers hardware and occasionally firmware issues.

Try reading the EULA.

Worst thread ever.

Posted via CB10
    This is correct. Facebook and Hub are software. You will find that generally, software is not covered by warranty, in the same way that you purchase a PC, and that some software stops (let's say due to no longer being supported). This doesn't mean you can take the PC back under warranty.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    03-17-16 02:49 AM
    Not to mention this **** move was made by facebook and not BlackBerry. Blame BlackBerry all you want, but they can't do squat if they are denied the API's. They can use it illegally, but then zuck would just sue them into oblivion. Lose/lose situation for BlackBerry.

rthonpm likes this.
    03-17-16 05:55 AM
    As your country' s legislation may allow it, I strongly advice you all to sue RIM, for they cannot block a function of their product without even noticing their customers. I believe you may have Good chances to Win and get a refund.

Posted via CB10
    You might as well take the money it costs for court fees, attorneys, and related charges and burn it: at least that would give you something productive.

BlackBerry offered an application based on a third-party provided feature, namely the Facebook API. If that feature is withdrawn and BlackBerry is unable to provide it, how is that their fault?

The delusion in the forums gets worse and worse...

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-17-16 05:59 AM
    What would be when ALL bb10 users will delete there FB accounts at the same time?
    Sugarmounten (Zuckerberg ) would see how many BlackBerry 10 users are on FB.

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876 patched 2813 ART)
    03-17-16 06:18 AM
    What would be when ALL bb10 users will delete there FB accounts at the same time?

Not significantly
    03-17-16 06:21 AM
    If you instruct Facebook to email all of your notifications, then they will appear in the HUB and you can open the app from there.

So, technically, Facebook still works with the HUB.
    Pay attention to this post. It is a valid approach

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.1.1779)
    03-17-16 06:49 AM

Yes he would. And it would reaffirm his decision to end all BlackBerry support for whatapp and facebook.

(for what it's worth, I can assure you they already have device usage statistics anyway)

03-17-16 08:16 AM
    Pay attention to this post. It is a valid approach

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.1.1779)
    There is another post that I just saw yesterday, where a fellow set up shortcuts to the mobile web sites for a bunch of apps like FB, WhatsApp, etc., then showed how to set up a new email address and have all of the notifications go to the hub.

Unfortunately, I didn't pay that much attention to the title or anything. Try looking for "tutorial" - I think it had that word in the title.
    03-17-16 08:20 AM
    There is another post that I just saw yesterday, where a fellow set up shortcuts to the mobile web sites for a bunch of apps like FB, WhatsApp, etc., then showed how to set up a new email address and have all of the notifications go to the hub.

Unfortunately, I didn't pay that much attention to the title or anything. Try looking for "tutorial" - I think it had that word in the title.
    There's nothing special about it. Just set all of your social networking apps to send email notifications. They will all appear in the HUB.

He also suggested adding filters (rules) in the HUB so they appear at the top when using Priority HUB, and populating your home screen with Web shortcuts instead of the apps.
    Last edited by conite; 03-17-16 at 09:20 AM.
    03-17-16 08:49 AM
38 12