There is huge battery drain and data consumption for face10. These bugs exist from beta stage.

03-19-16 03:33 PM
    After being disgusted with the lack of functionality that the browser version has...which I've used as a backup to the BB10 version for a long time, I decided to delete FB fully from BB World. I then used Blitz and put FB back on. It works and there is no connection with BB World anymore. So I guess I'll see if this approach continues to work post Mar 31st. Unfortunately the Android version doesn't work. Not having the native app prevents you from even using Share to FB. You can't do that with the browser so it's more than just Hub integration for notifications.

Edit...adding that I'm using the Z30 to be clear on the issue.
    Last edited by cdnrower; 03-22-16 at 09:06 PM.
    03-19-16 05:19 PM
    The problem with Face10 and Android Facebook apk is huge battery drain compare to old native Facebook. Overall device performance is going to degrade. BlackBerry should stop selling their os10 based devices. It is going to out of track of smartphone market.

I experience no battery drain using Face10
    Been using it since the app was in beta.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 06:36 PM
    Me neither

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 04:04 AM
    There is a way to use the facebook for blackberry app on your blackberry phone.
    1. Find an old .bar file of facebook for blackberry with google and download it on your pc or you can try this one
    com.rim.bb.app.facebook-10.7.31.9.bar from here: drive.google.com/file/d/0BwS976VmGX6baHV5Q0FlSEhVdTQ/view

2. Create your old account on the blackberry phone (user and password, you all the the drill, already did this at least once!) but be sure to delete the crap aka. fbk update version of app they delivered us as an update
    3 Install your .bar file version of facebook aplication it with the help of google chrome on your phone search for How to install a "bar" file on your BlackBerry 10 device on youtube
    The app is not connected to the one from bb world so no futher update!

That's all, you'll need some patience and after that your facebook aplication for blackberry 10 is going to be as new, notification are working, everything as in the past, no need of face 10, messenger or facebook for android or any other version of facebook you find on bb world and they say is doing the job, after 1 april will see what's going on, but till then...will live and see.
    Last edited by Andrei_I; 03-20-16 at 11:04 AM.
    03-20-16 05:20 AM
    Good, I disliked the integration in the Hub and contacts. I keep my Facebook activity to a minimum on my Blackberry, the less invasive Facebook is the better.
    03-20-16 06:08 AM
    i am really sorry but... i just have to say this: F U BB and FU facebook! both sides are resposible for this mess and because of this: if this doesn't get fixed in 2 weeks time bye bye BB forever! i've been on BB for 8 years now but this is unacceptable. why don't they F-ing remove the ability to call ?! why don't they just sell us BRICKS WITH BB LOGOS ON THEM !? at least we know what we're buying !
    FU AGAIN !
    Looks like someone needs a Facebook phone LMAO!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 07:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 08:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    The best reply! rotfl

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 09:14 AM
    i am really sorry but... i just have to say this: F U BB and FU facebook! both sides are resposible for this mess and because of this: if this doesn't get fixed in 2 weeks time bye bye BB forever! i've been on BB for 8 years now but this is unacceptable. why don't they F-ing remove the ability to call ?! why don't they just sell us BRICKS WITH BB LOGOS ON THEM !? at least we know what we're buying !
    FU AGAIN !
    relax bro.
    Seems like facebook is everything for you, in that case just switch ur device.
    I'm doing fine with face10 for the moment but can stick to alternatives. Since you seem to cannot you better look for an alternative device.

Posted via my lovely Passport ~
    03-20-16 10:01 AM
    Is there cahoots somewhere here?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 10:56 AM
    Can somebody please post the correct apk file of messenger?
    I found 2 different files and I would like to know wich one is the best:
    com.facebook.orca-25.0.0.17.14-www.APK4Fun.com - 17.936 KB
    com.facebook.orca-25.0.0.17.14-8972666-minAPI14 - 18.876 KB

thanks !
    03-20-16 11:20 AM
    Can somebody please post the correct apk file of messenger?
    I found 2 different files and I would like to know wich one is the best:
    com.facebook.orca-25.0.0.17.14-www.APK4Fun.com - 17.936 KB
    com.facebook.orca-25.0.0.17.14-8972666-minAPI14 - 18.876 KB

thanks !
    I downloaded and am using the second one you listed above.
    Working as it should.

03-20-16 11:22 AM
    Try to do what I've wrote at #405
    03-20-16 11:37 AM
    BlackBerry 10 facebook app now force closes when I try to open it, maybe the begining of the end!
    (although Fb chat still appears in the hub)

Posted from my passport not 'running the google'
    03-20-16 11:51 AM
    Hub and contacts gone. It is now no longer an app, just a shortcut to browser. I was trying to accept this, but after about 24 hours, facebook no longer works in my browser at all. Has anyone had that happen?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 01:01 PM
    I posted what I did earlier yesterday, here's an excerpt.

".... I decided to delete FB fully from BB World. I then used Blitz and put FB back on. It works and there is no connection with BB World anymore. So I guess I'll see if this approach continues to work post Mar 31st. Unfortunately the Android version doesn't work. Not having the native app prevents you from even using Share to FB. You can't do that with the browser so it's more than just Hub integration for notifications."

Edit....adding that I'm using the Z30 to be clear on the issue.
    Last edited by cdnrower; 03-22-16 at 09:07 PM.
    03-20-16 02:13 PM
    Hub and contacts gone. It is now no longer an app, just a shortcut to browser. I was trying to accept this, but after about 24 hours, facebook no longer works in my browser at all. Has anyone had that happen?

Posted via CB10
    What exactly do you mean by 'facebook no longer works' in your browser?
    It should work as any other website. There are some workarounds if you do miss the hub integration though.

03-20-16 02:14 PM
    BlackBerry 10 facebook app now force closes when I try to open it, maybe the begining of the end!
    (although Fb chat still appears in the hub)

Try to do what I've wrote on #405
    03-20-16 02:19 PM
    Stop spending time with Facebook!! Get out in the real world or go back to work!!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 02:26 PM
    Stop spending time with Facebook!! Get out in the real world or go back to work!!

Posted via CB10
    If you run a business, facebook is quite an important tool!

anon(679606) and Barbareren like this.
    03-20-16 02:40 PM
    Facebook is highly visible... abandonment of bb10 by them (FB & Whatsapp) means a lot for the wider world... it spells the end for bb10 very soon BlackBerry too... imho
    03-20-16 02:49 PM
    Here would be a good workaround for the calendar-sync:
    I had the issue, that the calendar sync through the fb app would also synchronize all my "friends" birthdays. With about 700 of those, my calendar would get totally clustered.
    There's an option in the fb-bb-settings to turn off the birthday-sinc, but strangely it didn't achieve anything.

I turned the calendar sync off and made a new webcal-account in the bb-settings. Somewhere on fb-pc-settings you can find a webcal-address. You can also thankfully turn off all birthdays.

Works like a charm and since it's not OS-related should keep on working for years.

Now I just have to find a workaround for the messages and hub integration...

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 04:35 PM
    Here would be a good workaround for the calendar-sync:
    I had the issue, that the calendar sync through the fb app would also synchronize all my "friends" birthdays. With about 700 of those, my calendar would get totally clustered.
    There's an option in the fb-bb-settings to turn off the birthday-sinc, but strangely it didn't achieve anything.

I turned the calendar sync off and made a new webcal-account in the bb-settings. Somewhere on fb-pc-settings you can find a webcal-address. You can also thankfully turn off all birthdays.

Works like a charm and since it's not OS-related should keep on working for years.

Now I just have to find a workaround for the messages and hub integration...

Posted via CB10
    What about contacts sync would that work also?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 04:42 PM
    Try to do what I've wrote on #405
    Why bother? It's going to stop working on March 31.
    03-20-16 05:46 PM
616 ... 1516171819 ...