Yes. there are links of the old Facebook bar file floating around for quite sometime now.

Posted via CB10
    Can u pull a .bar file? I find FMINI to be the greatest but was pulled from BBW I suppose for using api's it should not have had however I have it installed and use it everyday, would love to have it installed onto my Q 10 as well.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 04:50 PM
    Can u pull a .bar file? I find FMINI to be the greatest but was pulled from BBW I suppose for using api's it should not have had however I have it installed and use it everyday, would love to have it installed onto my Q 10 as well.

Posted via CB10
    Backup the app using BlackBerry Link (custom backup) that way you'll be able to reinstall in case you need to factory reset your phone. Make sure you're using the same BlackBerry ID on your Q10 and you can do a custom restore of only the backed up app. Give it a try!

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    05-25-16 07:53 AM
    What if...this is the real reason why BB's last FB app update is due to security?

http://news10.com/2016/05/24/is-face...conversations/

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    05-26-16 01:16 PM
    Where can we re-download the old app?

Posted via CB10
    05-26-16 01:29 PM
    The messenger function from hub still worked as of today. Upgraded and now it doesn't work.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-16 01:29 PM
    What if...this is the real reason why BB's last FB app update is due to security?

http://news10.com/2016/05/24/is-face...conversations/

Blackberry been protecting us for so long yet now they are fighting an even steeper incline with no api's but surely this is ONE of the many reasons!...

Posted via CB10
    05-27-16 12:55 AM
    Which makes even more sense when Whatsapp got acquired by FB...

So maybe that's why Whatsapp stopped supporting phones and/or BlackBerry not wanting to continue with Whatsapp...

BlackBerry surely knows something we, the public, didn't/don't know...

Gosh, who knows...

At least we know BlackBerry stands by it's privacy.

05-27-16 11:51 AM
    If it was about security, BlackBerry would beat that drum until it broke!

And if BlackBerry stands for security, with about facebook on the priv? Oh I forgot that has 'dtek'.....

Facebook, whatsapp and anyone else who drops support for bb10 has done so because blackberry has!

Posted from my passport not 'running the google'
    Barbareren likes this.
    05-27-16 03:24 PM
    If it was about security, BlackBerry would beat that drum until it broke!

And if BlackBerry stands for security, with about facebook on the priv? Oh I forgot that has 'dtek'.....

Facebook, whatsapp and anyone else who drops support for bb10 has done so because blackberry has!

Posted from my passport not 'running the google'
    They didn't drop support,we are promised two more already as in updates. Security but that's updates. Apps? They closed that app gap the best they could and for awhile were winning again until the big guys found another way around it with their api's. The priv don't count imo as its either about one or the other dude. Have u ever seen google make their own facebook app as in on droid? Nope, it's was done by blackberry to keep us safe and private from that info hogging app. Face10 is finally smoothing out enough for me. I'd rather use a client to FB anyway then the actual app, that's sad! Blackberry can't do crap as a big company that can be sued by an even larger company as in fiddling with a client so they must leave that to us now and I am proud of what we have done thus far. Love my passport se still, does everything I need and I am a mid range droid app user.

Anybody who been using BB10 all these years then their info is allot less safe and unknown out their in cyberspace then somebody using crappie or especially droid.

I'm telling you what they are going to do, must be some major legal work for kit kat and above run time as now pushing seven soonest as in android n? Wtf! Kit kat was so popular they are going to have all apps work and made to work on kit kat and above to destroy blackberrys app gap fix again as the older versions slowly stop working. However we have few years to enjoy the best. Same with Amazon fire phone as it was running JB runtime, why? Has to be a reason. I firmly believe GOOGLE Knows bb10 Is way better! If an app needs play services tramp stamp, I don't need it just like voxer recently sold out, onto zello! BBW edition on rolled back runtime 13.

PS: don't install the pandora app, drains ya battery like crazy, soon as I Uninstalled it was back to great. There is something called XiiaLive that is awesome in the play store!..
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CatchTwentyTwo; 05-28-16 at 12:31 PM.
    05-28-16 12:20 PM
    So I got a new phone, did a 'switch device' from my q10 where I had already lost the real facebook app.. and lo and behold, I ended up with both the mobile bookmark posing as an app *and* a real, mostly working facebook app! Hub integration and all! What gives? (not complaining)

Posted via CB10
    06-06-16 05:06 PM
    So I got a new phone, did a 'switch device' from my q10 where I had already lost the real facebook app.. and lo and behold, I ended up with both the mobile bookmark posing as an app *and* a real, mostly working facebook app! Hub integration and all! What gives? (not complaining)

Posted via CB10
    Because the original Facebook app comes part n parcel with the OS package. Just don't update it.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    06-06-16 09:15 PM
    Sure makes sense, but my point is more that we're way past March 31st and it still works. They couldn't possibly have shutdown the APIS then.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 04:13 AM
    Sure makes sense, but my point is more that we're way past March 31st and it still works. They couldn't possibly have shutdown the APIS then.

Posted via CB10
    FB might not be able to distinguish between the API's but I hate saying that as that means they aren't out to destroy BB10 and I enjoy saying that as in its personal when it isn't.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 12:16 PM
    There is any chance that we will get new Facebook update???

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 12:53 PM
    Ehm, no. Blackberry has abandoned the platform, their own OS.

Passport SQW100-1 OS 10.3.2.2876
    06-09-16 11:54 AM
    Nothing wrong with the old FB app. Few bugs here and there, but nothing serious like Windows 10.

06-09-16 02:57 PM
    Nothing wrong with the old FB app. Few bugs here and there, but nothing serious like Windows 10.

I'm using Facebook for Windows on my laptop running Windows 10 and it is much better than Facebook for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-16 07:21 PM
    I'm using Facebook for Windows on my laptop running Windows 10 and it is much better than Facebook for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    There's no FB app on Windows; you're running it IN a browser.

There's more wrong about Windows, as a platform, than BB10 as a platform. That's the point. Not FB.
    06-10-16 12:43 AM
    Looks like Face10 is it now. Nemory will continue to develop hopefully and make it better and better. Disappointed that they change the app to become a browser shortcut though.

Posted via CB10
    Man why worry? I did that Sachesi thing yesterday it's working great even better than before. I'll even send the links for bar files. Give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 03:21 AM

There's more wrong about Windows, as a platform, than BB10 as a platform. That's the point. Not FB.
    Wrong, there is.

Attachment 401845

It's for PC and Phone.
    06-10-16 03:57 AM

Uhmm no. That's a legit Facebook application I'm using. If it's just a browser wrap on a native UI of windows 10 (like most BlackBerry 10 Facebook app) then the bugs I'm encountering should not be there in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 05:16 AM

It looks similar to the website but it's actually a native port of their iOS app,

The Facebook Windows 10 app for PC may be an iOS port, but it's not working just yet | Windows Central

Infact, all of Facebook's Windows 10 apps are iOS ports,

Facebook finally introduces its own suite of Windows 10 apps
    06-10-16 09:53 AM
    The old Facebook app for BlackBerry seems to be on its deathbed now... it constantly crashes. R.I.P

06-17-16 11:02 AM
    The old Facebook app for BlackBerry seems to be on its deathbed now... it constantly crashes. R.I.P

Does it force close? I experienced it before. The trick is when you open the Facebook app slide up so you'll have its active frame state. Then let it load the new newsfeed for a while. After a few seconds, check your Facebook again.

The problem was there's a newsfeed that causing the app to crash so you need to load new newsfeed first so it won't load your old newsfeed causing it to crash.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-16 11:20 AM
    Thanks for the tip. I tried it several times, but the app keeps force closing. The only way I've found is to enter it from a newsfeed in the Hub... it's the first time the old Facebook app has been this unstable for me, making me think it'll stop working completely soon...

06-17-16 02:01 PM
616 ... 22232425