Yes but there is no reason why it had to be an update. They simply could have offered it as a different app download in the store so we could take our chances with the old and if need be migrate to the new. Again poor decisions over and over again

Posted via CB10
    So then when it stopped working suddenly blackberry could get reamed a new one for that also... as usual lose-lose for BB and BB10! Anyone try the new Linphone app? Works in the Hub.

Long Live BB10 - death to FB and Google!...
    Blackberry's been trying to protect us as in our privacy for years and getting indirectly shamed for it!..

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 05:53 AM
    Late into the game here. I had been putting off the fb app update until I stupidly clicked on the button yesterday. SO, is there a way to REVERT to the OEM app? I just need it on the hub.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Always check Crackberry before doing anything.

EDIT: Nvm. I found a solution a page back. The moral still stands though. lol
    Not a biggie. I 'upgraded', removed it, recreated my Facebook account on the phone, did a hard reset, got back the old Facebook app and everything with it.
    Barbareren and anon(8393425) like this.
    04-04-16 03:55 PM
    I refuse to update my Facebook app.

Posted via CB10 Z30, STA100-2, OS 10.3.2.2836
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    04-04-16 05:06 PM
    Noooo, my Beta version of FB, closes as soon as I open it now, maybe the API has kicked in now (:

Posted via CB10
    If you go to Contacts > Updates and then click on any of Social Updates it will somehow resolve the issue. It did for me. Now FB app works like a charm..
    04-04-16 05:26 PM
    My FB native app still opens and I can scroll through recent updates, but the Hub integration is gone. I don't get any messenger conversations, nor notifications for those people/accounts that I follow.
    04-05-16 10:43 AM
    My stock FB still works.

Posted Via CB10 from Z30 OS 10.3.2.2836 
    04-05-16 01:07 PM
    Anyone know what app can give me access to manage my page and receive any IMs sent to that page and not only to my profile. I am testing Face 10 free version for now but really need IM for both my profile and my page.
    04-05-16 05:56 PM
    Anyone know what app can give me access to manage my page and receive any IMs sent to that page and not only to my profile. I am testing Face 10 free version for now but really need IM for both my profile and my page.
    Might need a dedicated thread for that

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 07:33 PM
    Sorry to post this, a bit of a BB noob...but...
    I have 7.1. How can I revert to the last update of facebook? Is it just to reset? Wouldn't that reset to the version of FB that appeared when 7.1 was first released?
    I do have backups from before my update-***-downgrade. Can I get it from there?
    04-06-16 11:43 AM
    I have 7.1. How can I revert to the last update of facebook? Is it just to reset? Wouldn't that reset to the version of FB that appeared when 7.1 was first released?
    Yes you can I did I that, get an old backup with the older version of facebook then restore just that app.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 02:45 PM
    Change not critical for bb10 but unusable for bb7. Wife dumped BlackBerry for Samsung immediately due to this change
    04-06-16 07:51 PM
    For BBOS users try: www.blackberry.com/facebook and pick the option to download from outside of BlackBerry World (version 4.3).

I got the old app back on my Torch 9800 with OS 6, at least until it's broken for good.

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    04-08-16 01:10 AM
    Yes you can I did I that, get an old backup with the older version of facebook then restore just that app.

Posted via CB10
    If I'm not mistaken this only works for BB10 devices, not BBOS legacy devices running OS 7 or lower.

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    04-08-16 01:13 AM
    It was nice when everything on FB was syncing with the BB calendar. But it is a shame they have stopped supporting us precious BB10 OS users. I miss the birthday and other reminders from FB.

Keyed in from my Lovely Z10
    04-08-16 02:17 AM
    Old version still working here full hub integration, lets see how long.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 05:57 AM
    I'm late into this conversation. So I have to ask. Why is the FB hub integration no longer available? Will it be restored, ever, please?
    04-09-16 08:26 PM
    It was nice when everything on FB was syncing with the BB calendar. But it is a shame they have stopped supporting us precious BB10 OS users. I miss the birthday and other reminders from FB.

Keyed in from my Lovely Z10
    You can still sync both with your native BlackBerry calendar.
    Visit facebook.com in desktop mode. On the left hand side go to 'Events'.
    If you scroll down a bit and look at the right hand side you can see an option to add 'Upcoming Events' and 'Birthdays'. Enjoy!

Facebook update!-img_20160410_074452_edit.png

posted via CB10 on my Passport SE
    04-10-16 12:46 AM
    If you have any older backup available use it to restore the previous app...they said the BlackBerry Facebook app will stop working on 31 March 2016, still working for me...

G1
    04-10-16 01:01 AM
    [QUOTE=Jeevan Pulluru;12372149]If you have any older backup available use it to restore the previous app...they said the BlackBerry Facebook app will stop working on 31 March 2016, still working for me...

G1[/QUOTE

Does anyone know how I can get an older version of the FB app
    04-10-16 08:51 AM
    Download 10.3.2.2876 and. Extract with sachesi the apps. Sideload the bar file of facebook. Your phone will think you have the new version if you upgraded before so will not prompt for new update and untill today all is working

Posted via CB10
    04-15-16 03:36 PM
    FWIW, I am running BB10.3.2.256 but have not done the FB update - and never will. And I am pleased to say that it is now April 20 and my FB app continues to run just fine.

Nancy
    04-20-16 09:17 AM
    You must understand the background of this issue...

It resides on the API's of facebook. (and on facebook itself programatically) don't think on a HUB, or a push notification. Think on a pulse with an interval, that delivers information on a given time. I have android dev devices (nexus) and IOS devices. NONE OF THEM is working properly with push notifications. That, is because the facebook API is experiencing deep changes.
    In the case of android, and IOS, this changes are not reflected (or the user mostly doesn't notice about them) because the notifications come back with the new updates of the App for their devices.

But the huge problem with blackberry OS10 is that the sistem doesn't have the facebook API anymore. The api, takes care of the common update tasks, such as i mentioned at the beggining: in a interval of x minutes, a "pulse" is sent to all users with notifications of all kind (email, push, sms) but without an API, push notifications are off the ecuations. Hence, also is the HUB.

This is a precedent on how a social website can put pressure on someone (on this case blackberry) to change his operative system. Blackberry is choosing android, and in spite of the fact that push notifications will be sent to the hub and you'll see a "berry like" aspect, is just an android launcher with an app called HUB.

In matter of fact, on A LOT of android developers (or better said, hackers) forums, you will find the blackberry launcher and HUB ported from the priv to use ON ANY ANDROID DEVICE RUNNING LOLLIPOP.

And this is the huge issue with android. if an app is locally on the phone filesistem, it can be modified. but that modifications can introduce malicious code. And believe me, unless you think that someone is inocent doing reverse engeneering to an app, IT WILL VULNERATE YOUR DEVICE SECURITY.

This, is easy to achieve getting root permissions, pulling the apps out of the secure filesistem and modifying them. And the fact of finding the blackberry launcher on the web to use it (on any device) along with the HUB, is the proof that android is, and will always be insecure.

Even a 13 years kid can "hack" an app by obtaining root permissions (android is linux core based, so basically, "root" means superuser on linux. the user with permission to the secured files on the system) by getting root permissions on the phone, pulling apps out, decompiling them and doing a few tricks.

And that's why the unix based blackberry OS10, is far more secure (as much as an iphone).

You can accept android ported apps if you find them on blackberry world properly signed and reviewed by blackberry. but DO NOT download any android app from the internet or you are giving A LOT of permissions and putting your phone security at risk.

Going back to facebook on blackberry...

No API no hub notifications and probably no facebook unless you work a lot to achieve that. google, uses GCM (google cloud messaging -also insecure-) to send push notifications. But it drains a lot of battery, and a llows facebook app to get pictures on your camera roll and information from the android browser and your contacts. So does Apple in a more "elegant" way.

The solution is complicated, but it can be done. Not wilth the same kind of notifications, but pretty similar. The problem is that it costs money (think on the amount of facebook users, the amount of data sent by notifications and the costs of server bandwidth usage... is HUGE)

I'm working on this, not just because i don't want a world with a company like facebook that can literally, use delictive ways to put a system on the ground. Also because is a study case and i think that it can be solved but not using an API, and the OS10 compatibility with android helps with that.

Don't blame Blackberry for Facebook madness. Consider that the facebook app uses (debugging it you can see it easily) more resources than a 3d game on android.. and that is also a kick on the nu** that make people think that a quad core 1.5 device with a GPU is "OLD" but is just more programmed obsolence and you have people throwing a powerful phone just for facebook..

the same applies to google. I remember what they did with the nexus 7. a helluva tablet (and still is) that worked flawlessly until kitkat, but turned into a brick with the lollipop upgrade.

Do the maths...
    04-20-16 04:33 PM
    another thing: No metter what, the old facebook version for blackberry os will stop working on the given date. just because the API WONT BE THERE.
    04-20-16 04:42 PM
    another thing: No metter what, the old facebook version for blackberry os will stop working on the given date. just because the API WONT BE THERE.
    I agree we're all on borrowed time now with the Facebook app for BlackBerry but no one (except maybe someone at Facebook) knows when the API's the app uses will no longer be able to successfully connect to the Facebook servers. We thought it would happen weeks ago but didn't. It may happen tomorrow, next month, or even years from now.

I'm keeping it installed for notifications/contacts sync/native messenger in the hub and enjoying it while it lasts.
    04-20-16 07:46 PM
    How to download the old Facebook app through beta zone?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-16 10:11 PM
616 ... 2021222324 ...