FB is totally working but NO HUB INTEGRATION...
    Don't care. I get email notifications of fb activity, which oddly enough, show up in the hub.
    So I get fb notifications in the hub, and so can anyone else.

Deleted the 'Facebook app' in favor of an apptray Web bookmark... much faster launch.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 07:44 AM
    Don't care. I get email notifications of fb activity, which oddly enough, show up in the hub.
    So I get fb notifications in the hub, and so can anyone else.

Deleted the 'Facebook app' in favor of an apptray Web bookmark... much faster launch.

Posted via CB10
    email notifications from fb are not so punctual
    Barbareren likes this.
    03-24-16 08:09 AM
    Try Tinfoil For Facebook within google play - bet ya love it as it goes idle on it's own & barely uses any battery!... plus it's an awesome familiar layout.

Posted via CB10
    I think most people need a messenger instead of a "feed consultation" app.. (not sure)
    Does tinfoil will do this?

Does the quoted android messenger.apk need play services for the notifications?
    Really hope BB will include play store and serivices in the next OS releases
    03-24-16 08:26 AM
    From what I can see tinfoil does Facebook fairly well but Facebook Lite actually accomplishes notifications in the hub and I wonder whether Facebook Lite has been tried by any others here.

I think most people need a messenger instead of a "feed consultation" app.. (not sure)
    Does tinfoil will do this?

Does the quoted android messenger.apk need play services for the notifications?
    Really hope BB will include play store and serivices in the next OS releases
    03-24-16 09:06 AM
    It has occurred to me that these Facebook issues that we're facing here (pun intended) are an item that may well spell the beginning of the end (or the middle of the beginning of the end) for BlackBerry 10 inasmuch as Facebook has accomplished such an enlarged array of effects in our society and in our business world...
    03-24-16 09:08 AM
    Or maybe they're Attempting to dumb down the hub integration characteristics to the level of a priv to get older customers ready for that when they expect them to switch over to android BlackBerry devices (ain't likely going to happen in my case)... a "BlackBerry Moment"
    03-24-16 09:19 AM
    I was pretty pissed and shocked when I heard the news about the BB-facebook-App.
    Deinstalled it a couple days ago...and my BlackBerry got about 20% faster. I won't start talking about the batteries. Incredible.
    And so much less annoying!!!
    I got my fb calender synced through a webcal-database, the only thing missing are the messages.

It was a win for my blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 02:04 PM
    It does, I believe the phone is 4.3, and the tablet is 4.4 or 4.3 ( but since it uses Intel architecture it's a bit dodgy)
    Isn't that where that Houdini (software) comes into play as with x 86 stuff! Wow, never knew it used Intel, noted, thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 04:06 PM
    I was pretty pissed and shocked when I heard the news about the BB-facebook-App.
    Deinstalled it a couple days ago...and my BlackBerry got about 20% faster. I won't start talking about the batteries. Incredible.
    And so much less annoying!!!
    I got my fb calender synced through a webcal-database, the only thing missing are the messages.

It was a win for my blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, you are also missing the contact sync through the contacts app and Facebook app. Although, it really is not that big a deal.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 04:42 PM
    Isn't that where that Houdini (software) comes into play as with x 86 stuff! Wow, never knew it used Intel, noted, thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Only the Tablet uses Intel ( i486), though

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 05:39 PM
    Actually, you are also missing the contact sync through the contacts app and Facebook app. Although, it really is not that big a deal.

Posted via CB10
    After I realised you could do an ical/subscription work around for facebook events, I was really disappointed that FB doesn't offer a carddav option to sync contact. In hindsight that seems like a great option.

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed.
    03-25-16 05:12 AM
    I'm a former employee and unlike some who have left, I'm a devoted supporter of BlackBerry. I left due to circumstances beyond my control (contract). I hold no ill will towards the company. Regardless, this is a pretty big blow to them in my opinion. It was my undestanding that BlackBerry devs were the actual ones keeping the lights on for the Facebook app. Now that it's no longer happening, that's NOT a good thing. This to me tells me that they're going to go full-blown Android shortly. It's a damned shame, because previous management could have gone in the direction they've gone with on the Priv and perhaps kept their market share instead of turning into a 'You still use a BlackBerry?! They still make phones?! Etc.'.
    03-26-16 05:05 PM
    Got my solution the to FB update! Recovered 34.9 MB simply by DUMPING the app in the trash!
    03-30-16 09:58 PM
    You guys really need to update to the priv and leave all this second rate app situation behind.

Get your money's worth. Why continue to suffer for no good reason??? You do or die folks are on some other sh...

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv�
    We taught you everything you know, and now that you learned how to chew bubble gum you dare speak to us like this?
    03-30-16 10:22 PM
    We taught you everything you know, and now that you learned how to chew bubble gum you dare speak to us like this?
    I guess he's buying one for everyone

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 12:12 AM
    31st of March 6:24 am Nigerian time and the old version is still working fine

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 12:24 AM
    Still working for me @ 10:30 AM 1st of April (UK time)

Posted Via CB10 from Z30 OS 10.3.2.2836 
    04-01-16 04:37 AM
    According to Thurask, it's still March 31st in California.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    04-01-16 04:48 AM
    Well California is 9hrs ahead of the UK.

Posted Via CB10 from Z30 OS 10.3.2.2836 
    04-01-16 04:59 AM
    All through the early history of BB I only wanted a viable browser, which was sorely lacking. Then BB10 came and the browser is great. I never did care for App.s especially for how intrusive they are for gathering up all of ur personal data. I will sorely miss fb/HUB integration. I never did like fb shoving contacts into my contacts list and always deleted any that showed up. I have a lot of my fb friends and groups set up as do not follow so I get few pushed notices which is annoying. Those that I don't flow still show up if I click on the Notification globe within fb. I've always been drawn to BB for the hardware and not software until the magic combo of bb10 with HUB and passport. Now that HUB is becoming not so integrated, (congratulations BB) I yearn for a, BB Passport running Android. That would be what would get me to buy a new BB in less then two years, an Unlocked Passport running on Android that works well on T-Mobile. HUB integration was KEY to my truly loving BB10. Personaly I do not approve of fb and wish my lazy family would move to G+ or BBM. My philosophy of intrusion is, is that it's going to happen but if I go all Google then it stays there and if one Google funtion has my details they all do anyway, rather than losing my private data through multiple Apps. But I believe fb is more intrusive than Google, this may be cazy but I trust Google much much more than fb.
    04-01-16 06:31 AM
    I believe it's official. The app still works. still getting hub notifications and all the other stuff. April 1st 12:49pm Nigerian time. To all those who updated, the joke's on you.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 06:50 AM
    They're not obligated to pull the plug right away.

Facebook said they will be stopping the API at some point, from April onward without further warning, so BlackBerry was forced to address it in time.

They could leave it running till October and BlackBerry would have still needed to change their app because they'd have no certainty when it would stop.

04-01-16 07:18 AM
    They're not obligated to pull the plug right away.

Facebook said they will be stopping the API at some point, from April onward without further warning, so BlackBerry was forced to address it in time.

They could leave it running till October and BlackBerry would have still needed to change their app because they'd have no certainty when it would stop.

This is the most likely scenario. BlackBerry felt compelled to provide a "working" solution before the API stopped working on its native app, without truly knowing a precise moment. Although the date seems made up, it was necessary for the regular users.

As if by bad luck, yesterday I accidentally deleted the native Facebook app from my Passport... My only option was to use the Beta Zone version, which was still available midday. As I saw that contact's pictures were not syncing, I decided to delete it and reinstall when I got home at night. To my surprise, although logical, it was no longer available on the Beta Zone. Therefore I had to restore it from a backup file from last year, which worked and it actually synced all my contacts, pics and calendar events again. This means the API for the app still works for now.

Thus, the "end" date was just preventive on BlackBerry's side. Only time wil tell how long it will work. I've already bought Face10 and Messenger Pro, which I should turn to by then. Hopefully it's more polished, regarding Hub notifications and as it currently has a very high data consumption. Likewise, Messenger is not fluid enough, as it is web-based and has certain bugs which don't allow us to use stickers without workarounds.

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    Last edited by JG_Agustin; 04-01-16 at 09:32 AM.
    04-01-16 09:11 AM
    Yes but there is no reason why it had to be an update. They simply could have offered it as a different app download in the store so we could take our chances with the old and if need be migrate to the new. Again poor decisions over and over again

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 11:04 AM
    Sooooo, since it still works, and I had accidentally update mine to browser version, the only why to get back previous one is to reflash/reload my sistem?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 12:06 PM
616 ... 1819202122 ...