Have Face 10. It takes time getting used to it,but it acceptable..takes a bit too long for the start page to open..other than that it's better than the browser fb with is horrid.. loved my z30 for 2+ years,and all my previous bb's...but if bb10 is officially put to rest, i will move to iphone..

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 09:23 PM
    I posted what I did earlier yesterday, here's an excerpt.

".... I decided to delete FB fully from BB World. I then used Blitz and put FB back on. It works and there is no connection with BB World anymore. So I guess I'll see if this approach continues to work post Mar 31st. Unfortunately the Android version doesn't work. Not having the native app prevents you from even using Share to FB. You can't do that with the browser so it's more than just Hub integration for notifications."

Facebook update!-img_20160320_223524.png
    Facebook update!-img_20160320_223455.png you can share with the android app

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 09:36 PM
    Why bother? It's going to stop working on March 31.
    And if after 1 April the fbk app I've installed is going to work? Is not connected to the one on Bb World so...it should be ok, but you can try face 10, versions of fbk for android or in others case, only comment on a forum topic and cry that can't find an solution when somebody already has one and the only thing you have to do is try it!
    When you have a problem I think you're looking for an solution, don't you? Well in this case I have one, if it's good or not, will see, but I think is the right one.
    03-21-16 01:57 AM
    And if after 1 April the fbk app I've installed is going to work? Is not connected to the one on Bb World so...it should be ok, but you can try face 10, versions of fbk for android or in others case, only comment on a forum topic and cry that can't find an solution when somebody already has one and the only thing you have to do is try it!
    When you have a problem I think you're looking for an solution, don't you? Well in this case I have one, if it's good or not, will see, but I think is the right one.
    chill bro...lets wait..hope your solution stays

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    03-21-16 03:43 AM
    chill bro...lets wait..hope your solution stays

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    I'm chill. I'll find another way to use fbk on my Bb phone after April 1'st if it doesn't work the curent solution.
    03-21-16 03:56 AM
    Absolutely brutal. They delete the whole app, make it a Web link and we lose all hub integration.
    Eat crap blackberry. Remind me why I faithfully try to stay with you? It's like you just want us to go to the dark side. Or maybe BlackBerry is the dark side

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 08:05 AM
    I read somewhere that the main reason why Facebook and WhatsApp decided to abandon BlackBerry is simply because that can't mine data on bb10 phones. . Apparently, both Facebook and whatsapp have been mining data on Android and IOS versions

Posted Via CB10 from Z30 OS 10.3.2.2836 
    anon(5990673) likes this.
    03-21-16 08:12 AM
    I read somewhere that the main reason why Facebook and WhatsApp decided to abandon BlackBerry is simply because that can't mine data on bb10 phones. . Apparently, both Facebook and whatsapp have been mining data on Android and IOS versions

Where? Give us the source
    03-21-16 08:27 AM

If it was anything to do with your privacy, Mr chen would bang that drum untill it broke.

It's simple, but why should facebook give a toss about bb10 when BlackBerry have already thrown in the towel.

Posted from my passport not 'running the google'
    03-21-16 09:33 AM
    If you want a way to downgrade without having to look for an old fb version, here's a way - back up, reload your phone from the Link and then restore all except the facebook app files. Not the easiest way but it worked for me.
    Also someone wrote here that if you delete the app without updating it your contacts and calendar will stay. It will not update anymore but better than nothing. Haven't tried that but I will before the app stops working.
    Apparently Facebook closed up on everyone so contacts and calendar will not work on any OS. This is FB's fault, not BB!
    03-21-16 09:38 AM
    Due to poor management BlackBerry is the only phone on the face of the planet without full FB support... if I wanted to I could use my original motorola RAZR with FB... shameful !!
    03-21-16 10:19 AM
    Google Play store get Tinfoil For Facebook works so good with Passport I tried thirty different ones tinfoil for facebook has high ratings in google play and just happens to be like the old BBW facebook app!.... faster though....

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 06:26 PM
    Due to poor management BlackBerry is the only phone on the face of the planet without full FB support...
    Nah, Ubuntu Touch, Tizen, Sailfish OS and Firefox OS are also without Facebook support
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    03-21-16 06:47 PM
    Nah, Ubuntu Touch, Tizen, Sailfish OS and Firefox OS are also without Facebook support
    Thought sail fish died it's mostly not BlackBerry's fault everyone does not realize......

Blackberry needs an ambassador over here for them they don't stick up for themselves!

APi's ring a bell to anyone?...

Tinfoil for facebook in google play is so good for now!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 06:53 PM
    We have years left with BB10 but if they do go I do not know how I will ever adapt as BlackBerry hub and swipe gestures are so darn fluid that when I go on my droid tablet I hate it anymore!....

Google will never give then play store built in with services unless a Droid device cause people would be switching like crazy once they tasted the forbidden fruit of BB10!...

Posted via CB10
    xKingHopy likes this.
    03-21-16 06:56 PM
    No Facebook or Whatsapp, that will be great, my company will issue bb10 devices to all employees with company phones and require that all non company phones be turned off while at work. They will do me the favor of getting rid of those distractions to my employees.
    :-)

He he he

Well, if WhatsApp from a corporate policy is not acceptable as an IM tool.. this sounds great and the demise of those two apps might be irrelevant....

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 08:33 PM
    Well, if WhatsApp from a corporate policy is not acceptable as an IM tool.. this sounds great and the demise of those two apps might be irrelevant....
    Well, I guess in some BlackBerry niches such as government and financial services, both wouldn't be allowed anyway due to possible data privacy and compliance issues. I used to work as an analyst at a bulge bracket investment bank and they had all social media sites (e.g. Facebook) blocked on the office PCs. They also were super afraid of insider information leaking out and other compliance breaches, so I suppose Whatsapp on the work phone would be a big no-no. I guess BB10 can still be a great tool for those niches even in 5 years (assuming continued updates, e.g. to the browser), but for the consumer market FB and Whatsapp are two of the most important apps and not easily replaceable as inofficial apps are not allowed.
    03-22-16 09:47 AM
    Well, I guess in some BlackBerry niches such as government and financial services, both wouldn't be allowed anyway due to possible data privacy and compliance issues. I used to work as an analyst at a bulge bracket investment bank and they had all social media sites (e.g. Facebook) blocked on the office PCs. They also were super afraid of insider information leaking out and other compliance breaches, so I suppose Whatsapp on the work phone would be a big no-no. I guess BB10 can still be a great tool for those niches even in 5 years (assuming continued updates, e.g. to the browser), but for the consumer market FB and Whatsapp are two of the most important apps and not easily replaceable as inofficial apps are not allowed.
    Yep... that is the point. But you can imagine what a niche of an already niche market this is.... :-)

In the end it is a psychological issue about the horrible feeling of just losing some of these core apps. Even if we don't really need them just knowing they are not there anymore is a big damage to the BlackBerry 10 market. They should do whatever to fix this....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-22-16 10:54 AM
    Thanks FB. When the app stops working I'll consider myself forcibly weaned from the time waster.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 10:57 AM
    Removed the BlackBerry Facebook app and installed the Droid apps. Battery sux then removed. Battery still sux. Thanks Facebook

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 11:24 AM
    This actually means that they are more likely to keep the browser up to date now, that's is important and helped kill the playbook the lack of? I doubt it but wonder if there is a way to get hub integration via the browser, there is cause nemory is doing it? So, cab blackberry release in an update a way to integrate websites like facebook to the hub when you stay signed in on the browser then just make BB's browser FB not show up so small like Nemorys is decent size and browser based, that would work in theory as in all of it?

BTW: I still say give Tinfoil For Facebook in google play a try, it's like meant for the passport and looks so similar to the old BBW version! Give it a try and tell me it's not good nor need barely any permissions hence the tinfoil in the name of the awesome app!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 02:27 PM
    Removed the BlackBerry Facebook app and installed the Droid apps. Battery sux then removed. Battery still sux. Thanks Facebook

Posted via CB10
    Try Tinfoil For Facebook within google play - bet ya love it as it goes idle on it's own & barely uses any battery!... plus it's an awesome familiar layout.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 02:31 PM
    Try Tinfoil For Facebook within google play - bet ya love it as it goes idle on it's own & barely uses any battery!... plus it's an awesome familiar layout.

Posted via CB10
    Just tried out the Tinfoil app and I was surprised how minimal it was and how fluent it ran on my PP in comparison to other android FB apps.
    Do you get notifications through the app in your Hub?
    That would be perfect!

Posted via my lovely Passport ~
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    03-22-16 02:53 PM
    Just tried out the Tinfoil app and I was surprised how minimal it was and how fluent it ran on my PP in comparison to other android FB apps.
    Do you get notifications through the app in your Hub?
    That would be perfect!

Posted via my lovely Passport ~
    Leave a review like I did how he saved Blackberry 10 OS with tinfoil for facebook I am in talks with him now about bringing to to BBW. The more five star reviews he sees from us appreciating what he unknowingly did for BB10 plus the fact it's based on privacy and it also looks super similar but more functional to the OG BlackBerry facebook it's a no brainer glad somebody else tried it. It's a big time app for privacy and as I said talking to dev now he is at least willing to try to work out any kinks on BB10 which I found none yet except the first start after download is a tad slow then it flies from then on out and that UI is superb imo.

I am completely content with tinfoil as its just like you said and use face10 for speedy hub browser like reads and when I want to actually use the app, open up tinfoil and it's good to go!...

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 03:03 PM
    Leave a review like I did how he saved Blackberry 10 OS with tinfoil for facebook I am in talks with him now about bringing to to BBW. The more five star reviews he sees from us appreciating what he unknowingly did for BB10 plus the fact it's based on privacy and it also looks super similar but more functional to the OG BlackBerry facebook it's a no brainer glad somebody else tried it. It's a big time app for privacy and as I said talking to dev now he is at least willing to try to work out any kinks on BB10 which I found none yet except the first start after download is a tad slow then it flies from then on out and that UI is superb imo.

I am completely content with tinfoil as its just like you said and use face10 for speedy hub browser like reads and when I want to actually use the app, open up tinfoil and it's good to go!...

Posted via CB10
    I do at least get the little red dots of course when have new messages if allow it in your settings as again tinfoil for facebook is all about privacy and def not browser based (thank god!) even the videos pop up different? In a good way see more of the screen! It also does not heat up even a little and I am a huge critic on that, you will see!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 03:09 PM
616 ... 1617181920 ...