No Facebook or Whatsapp, that will be great, my company will issue bb10 devices to all employees with company phones and require that all non company phones be turned off while at work. They will do me the favor of getting rid of those distractions to my employees.
    oldsoul123 likes this.
    03-18-16 10:59 AM
    Two things:

First of all, the Messenger APK posted above works fine on BB10:

It actually pushes notifications immediately into the Hub, while the old Facebook app often lagged a couple of minutes on my phone. However, it's just a notification, there is no Hub integration and the notification will be gone after you read the messages.
    The functionality is greater than before (Facebook calls, stickers, GIFs all work), however it happened to me a few times that a GIF sent to me crashed the app.

Nemory's Messenger app works fine, but it does not give me headless notifications and thus is quite useless. If anyone finds a solution, please tell me!
    Face10 notifications worked well, however I'm actually glad to get rid of all these "X liked Y" notifications and decided to stay with the browser-based app.

And second:

Contacts and calendar support are dead. But that's Facebook's fault, as they closed their API. I have an iPad, and can't sync my contacts there either. I'm also using FullContact (fullcontact. com) to merge my contacts from different sources, but they stopped the Facebook sync a year ago, as FB began closing down their API. I guess Zuckerberg wants "no god beside him", i.e. no non-official ways to access Facebook messages/contacts/events etc, as this would mean avoiding the ads (pardon, "suggested content") on the FB website/official app.
    Does messenger app works without main app installed?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    03-18-16 11:19 AM
    Contacts and calendar support are dead. But that's Facebook's fault, as they closed their API. I have an iPad, and can't sync my contacts there either. I'm also using FullContact (fullcontact. com) to merge my contacts from different sources, but they stopped the Facebook sync a year ago, as FB began closing down their API. I guess Zuckerberg wants "no god beside him", i.e. no non-official ways to access Facebook messages/contacts/events etc, as this would mean avoiding the ads (pardon, "suggested content") on the FB website/official app.
    So you're saying on iOS that facebook contacts won't sync to the phone and can't be "linked" to existing contacts?

What about calendar for events/birthdays on facebook? Profile pics when the phone rings?

How does this all work on Android?

If Zuckerberg is closing this all off, he's obviously never played with a BlackBerry 10 phone to see how beautifully it can all be integrated - sure, he doesn't get the ad impression revenue, but that's only part of how facebook makes money. You'd think he'd want as many people using facebook and populating it with their data as possible.
    03-18-16 11:55 AM
    Does messenger app works without main app installed?
    Yes, the Android Messenger app (at least the version posted above) works completely on its own. No need to install anything else. You don't even have to open it to get notifications.

So you're saying on iOS that facebook contacts won't sync to the phone and can't be "linked" to existing contacts?

What about calendar for events/birthdays on facebook? Profile pics when the phone rings?

I used to sync Facebook contacts with my PC (Ubuntu & Kontact) and my tablet (iOS), but both stopped working. A quick Google search for Android contact sync seems to reveal that you can't even sync it anymore on Android, using the official Facebook app.

Events sync still works on my iPad (not on my PC though), and you can manually "update" your iOS contacts using the Facebook app, but that doesn't actually add any people into the contact list.

So basically, BlackBerry is not to blame. We should instead ask Facebook to create a BB10 app (or at least a working Android port with some kind of Hub integration)
    Last edited by tar0n; 03-18-16 at 12:19 PM.
    anon(5990673) likes this.
    03-18-16 12:08 PM

I am also curious about this. I am thinking about going to Android but find it hard to believe that contact info & profile pic on FB no longer syncs with your contacts on the phone??
    03-18-16 12:27 PM
    I am also curious about this. I am thinking about going to Android but find it hard to believe that contact info & profile pic on FB no longer syncs with your contacts on the phone??
    It not possible anymore with any app. Be it on Android, iOS, PC, a web-based service, or BlackBerry of course.

See here as well:
    facebook [dot] com/help/community/question/?id=10153485306296293
    03-18-16 01:24 PM
    It not possible anymore with any app. Be it on Android, iOS, PC, a web-based service, or BlackBerry of course.

See here as well:
    Well, OK. So it's at least not just us BB users who got busted by FB. And if the "workaround" works long term to simply not update, so that our contacts will stay in our phone as they are now it would really work out well for us, compared to Android / iOS.

At least if we only look at the contact issue side of the problem
    03-18-16 01:49 PM
    Everyone should spam the Facebook community here https://www.facebook.com/help/community/ask/ with disgruntlement.
    03-18-16 01:59 PM
    I'm willing to bet that a Farcebook phone is due out soon that will feature all the features we used to have!
    03-18-16 04:52 PM
    Sarcasm? If not, remember they tried that once already and failed right?
    03-18-16 06:41 PM
    http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/faceboo...-apk-download/

Download this app. Android version. Really fast and fluid. Tested in my passport just few mins ago
    Message function built inside the app!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    can anyone provide an apk of this facebook? because everytime i'll download it's error.. help me pls thanks!

BlackBerry z10
    03-18-16 09:57 PM
    Why BlackBerry is not trying to provide the support for stock browser which will show Facebook interface just like apps? My android stock browser (Asus browser) is more preferable over android Facebook app. Stock browser uses web based Facebook api.

DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    03-19-16 03:04 AM
    Wow people. When the Priv was released I moved to the iPhone 6s. Using Outlook, OneDrive and Todoist I'm more productive than ever. It's time to move on. Blackberry's business model no longer includes you.
    kertong likes this.
    03-19-16 04:02 AM
    So basically, BlackBerry is not to blame. We should instead ask Facebook to create a BB10 app (or at least a working Android port with some kind of Hub integration)
    You Deserve my LIKE !!!
    andy957 likes this.
    03-19-16 05:41 AM
    I purchased the paid version of Face10 and am entirely unsatisfied. I was actually going to go back to the regular FB app by blackberry, but now that's not going to work with the hub either. There is very little reason for me to stick with Blackberry now.

I spent years fending off criticism from almost everyone I crossed paths with who noticed I had a Blackberry, and what I told them was basically "BB10 is the best OS on the market right now. I am not a heavy app user, and BB10 has FB to keep in touch with friends and family. That's pretty much all I need."

Not being able to say that now saddens me because BB10 is just so nice to use....but what is the point of having an amazing OS when the single app I needed will now cease to function in the hub? It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Moving away from BB10 is now something I know i'll do, and without being melodramatic, that fact really disappoints me. Moving to an OS I don't like at all (the rest of them) simply because I need to keep in touch with family and friends over FB disappoints me.

I am disappointed with Blackberry and my initial optimism toward Chen has evaporated.
    kertong likes this.
    03-19-16 06:01 AM
    I purchased the paid version of Face10 and am entirely unsatisfied. I was actually going to go back to the regular FB app by blackberry, but now that's not going to work with the hub either. There is very little reason for me to stick with Blackberry now.

I spent years fending off criticism from almost everyone I crossed paths with who noticed I had a Blackberry, and what I told them was basically "BB10 is the best OS on the market right now. I am not a heavy app user, and BB10 has FB to keep in touch with friends and family. That's pretty much all I need."

Not being able to say that now saddens me because BB10 is just so nice to use....but what is the point of having an amazing OS when the single app I needed will now cease to function in the hub? It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Moving away from BB10 is now something I know i'll do, and without being melodramatic, that fact really disappoints me. Moving to an OS I don't like at all (the rest of them) simply because I need to keep in touch with family and friends over FB disappoints me.

I am disappointed with Blackberry and my initial optimism toward Chen has evaporated.
    Download the Android fb app and messenger. Works amazingly well.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 06:32 AM
    I don't know if this helps but on my Passport the Hub integration of Face 10 and Facebook Messenger didn't work for a while. After pressing the "restore purchases" button I cleared the hub notifications, restart headless stabilizer, force refresh the hub and all of these from the Face10 app. Now the hub integration works flawlessly, the only difference with the Facebook app I think is the fact that Face doesn't use "push notification".

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 07:45 AM
    Sad is right. It's pitiful. FB is virtually unusable on any BB device, has been that way forever.
    03-19-16 10:59 AM
    I don't know if this helps but on my Passport the Hub integration of Face 10 and Facebook Messenger didn't work for a while. After pressing the "restore purchases" button I cleared the hub notifications, restart headless stabilizer, force refresh the hub and all of these from the Face10 app. Now the hub integration works flawlessly, the only difference with the Facebook app I think is the fact that Face doesn't use "push notification".

Posted via CB10
    Mine works. Try delete and reinstall.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 12:57 PM
    Mine works. Try delete and reinstall.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, mine also works after I did all the steps I said before. I also reinstaled it.
    Nemory did a great job.

Posted via CB10
    seletok likes this.
    03-19-16 02:23 PM
    Just deleted the app and not installing the new one

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 02:37 PM
    Mark Zuckerberg has allready more money that Steve Jobs had, so now you know privacy pays off
    I heard somewhere that zuckerberg donated 99% of his yearly income still leaving him a millionaire however is this even confirmed, I doubt it but if so I will go from DISLIKING The man to having much respect for him overnight... although when ya that rich with those types of write offs he would prob make more! Hah. Maybe MZ can buy BB10 hope they sell to Microsoft as that giant if keep it the sane cab get into the mobile business the way they really want to as have the money to put out to advertise and push BB10 hard core! Better then it drifting away if google bought it they would just to destroy it thus proving my above post.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 03:04 PM

See here as well:
    Didn't read yet, why are they holding out? Want to be top notch security like BlackBerry? Even BBM is like a facebook with a Quora and twitter slash voxer, box, etc all rolled into one app! So much was stolen from blackberry over the years it's Ashame!

This is the "time" to shine if ya OS is highly secured with so many being concerned over it due to marshmallow being released and it is what it is all about yet still doesn't come close to BB10! I bet one day android nay even steal the sandbox and let u sandbox certain apps that u want but don't fully trust. BlackBerry was robbed so many times...

First thing I'd do if I was blackberry Is hire an entire team to gather tons info off line of what the people want and make sure they let us know they are still with us that is what they never did! A guy can dream!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 03:07 PM
    Why BlackBerry is not trying to provide the support for stock browser which will show Facebook interface just like apps? My android stock browser (Asus browser) is more preferable over android Facebook app. Stock browser uses web based Facebook api.

Does your browser in facebook mode especially the messenger lag allot when trying to type messages? Even face 10 does messenger pro does! The old native did it lag at all!..

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 03:12 PM

Only issue I have with face ten is no blackberry logo in posts but he may not be able to do that. Also huge lag when using messenger pro typing and my number one complaint is every one of his app including the tinder dating app is awesome but keep asking me to restore the paid version, come on Nemory this is insanity as I keep losing the hub integration in between your app removing me from pro! That's enough to make me cut my losses, hoping he fixes that first!?!! Otherwise it's awesome for what it is!

PS: if we have no hub we night well use the official android facebook or tinfoil for facebook is sweet!! Free to! I an giving Nemory time to see if he fixes the constant issues with it booting me off of pro that I paid for on ALL his apps it's really sucks he needs to find a better method!..

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 03:15 PM
616 ... 1415161718 ...