It is not an update! Facebook app vanished, forcing to buy a crack instead of using basic free application available for every other systems users. It will not help keeping BB10 alive...
    03-17-16 06:54 AM
    Dude... you are so wrong. On android, when you log on to Facebook using Chrome it asks you if you want to receive facebook push notifications from the website and I'm not talking about email. And they appear in the hub. It's BlackBerry 10 browser that's way behind time.

For contacts the Facebook Messenger contacts appear in your contacts.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv�
    That's great to hear! Glad someone has got this working via the browser. How do you like the overall experience in comparison to the Android app?

Does anyone know if this also works the same way via the browser on the iPhone?
    03-17-16 06:59 AM
    How to appear offline in Facebook update?

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 07:01 AM
    This imo means End Of Life BB OS10. If BlackBerry no longer invests in its major applications than it means there's a strategy change. Expect future phones to be more and more Android based and BB OS to be phased out. That's my prediction and it's actually been long time coming because there's a general lack of updates across the board and this is another nail in its coffin. Too bad because the OS is great, the hub feature is the best out of anything out there. But if there's no backing, it's end of life
    The 411 likes this.
    03-17-16 07:28 AM
    end of Blackberry 10...
    The 411 and Tim Smith2 like this.
    03-17-16 07:39 AM
    This and whatsapp discontinued support is a major blow to bb, just wait till the majority using BB10, outside these forums upgrade or realize whatsapp is not working, BlackBerry is seriously then going to have problem, they should already know by now what they plan to do.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-17-16 08:07 AM
    Sorry misunderstood your earlier post. I am totally with you. What's the point in releasing this as an app when currently we could already create a shortcut to our browser FB page.
    This way you get to have an official BlackBerry shortcut
    Amonchakai likes this.
    03-17-16 09:01 AM
    I tried loading Android's Facebook but it is not working properly!

Posted via CB10 thru BlackBerry Passport on 10.3.2.2836 from Vodafone India
    03-17-16 09:26 AM
    I tried loading Android's Facebook but it is not working properly!

Posted via CB10 thru BlackBerry Passport on 10.3.2.2836 from Vodafone India
    You'd have to go way back to version 29. Website is better.
    03-17-16 09:34 AM
    No hub integration. This is ridiculous.
    I also updated my Facebook on my BlackBerry 9320. And now, I've lost the capability to receive Facebook message in message inbox.

This is insane.

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren likes this.
    03-17-16 09:43 AM
    Did Nemory already comment on whether his FB apps will still be work beyond April 1st?

His Apps do support HUB integration, right?

PS: BB could at least have somehow integrated the FB website into the HUB...
    03-17-16 09:49 AM
    I just updated on my Q and found the new version was a browser link. I'll keep the Z going on the old app until April. I've downloaded Nemory's Face10 and that looks quite nice at first glance.It does look as if BB themsleves are killing BB10 early to force people onto Androidberry, even though the devices aren't there yet. Dissappointing strategy.

Wherefore art thee Vienna???
    03-17-16 09:55 AM
    This and whatsapp discontinued support is a major blow to bb, just wait till the majority using BB10, outside these forums upgrade or realize whatsapp is not working, BlackBerry is seriously then going to have problem, they should already know by now what they plan to do.
    They do; it's called the PRIV.
    03-17-16 10:00 AM
    If you want Hub integration and are not afraid to use an Android App, try FaceSlim:
    https://f-droid.org/repository/brows...idualni.fblite
    03-17-16 10:11 AM
    Did Nemory already comment on whether his FB apps will still be work beyond April 1st?

His Apps do support HUB integration, right?

PS: BB could at least have somehow integrated the FB website into the HUB...
    It is my understanding that he has hacked the private APIs. So it should still work. This is obviously something BlackBerry could never get away with. Hence the Web shortcut.
    03-17-16 10:14 AM
    It is my understanding that he has hacked the private APIs. So it should still work. This is obviously something BlackBerry could never get away with. Hence the Web shortcut.
    I know, BB could not hack private APIs. But I'm not quite sure, whether Nemory's HUB integrated messenger isn't just a webbased experience...

BB can display websites within the HUB, so why shouldn't they display FB chats inside the HUB?
    03-17-16 10:38 AM
    There is an app called "Face Slim" which can be installed through the F-Droid appstore. Both work fine on my Q5.

Face Slim is also based on the mobile website, but it actually puts notifications in the hub when you get new messages. Good for me.

f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=org.indywidualni.fblite
    03-17-16 10:56 AM
    I know, BB could not hack private APIs. But I'm not quite sure, whether Nemory's HUB integrated messenger isn't just a webbased experience...

BB can display websites within the HUB, so why shouldn't they display FB chats inside the HUB?
    for me, nemory's app is just a plain web wrap...
    03-17-16 11:35 AM
    there is another, simple web wrap (without hub integration, though) - native one, and works very well. called Face Mini For Facebook in BB App World https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=NL
    try it. looks ok.
    03-17-16 11:37 AM
    Maybe Face10 is not battery frendly if you check all notofication in short intreval but bigger problem is data consumption, I opened Face10 two times, scroll down (maybe 10-20 posts, some of those were video that is automatically started without my control), I lost about 100MB ! It isn't normal.
    I wish Face 10 and messenger had push notifications. I was using FB messenger on my PC, and several minutes later I started getting messages I had already replied to sync'd to my phone.
    03-17-16 12:04 PM
    If...... arguably the largest social media site in the world is not making their app available for bb10, it really shows how little people are on the bb10 OS. Basically they are saying its not worth any one persons time to build for it. Gents. largest social media site is saying bye bye to blackberry, it think its only time that we have to face the decision of either getting an apple or android product.

Wife has the PRIV and I like it. So I'll be getting a highend blackberry android device if they make another. If not, S7 Edge or Note Edge for me. Giving BBRY until the end of the year for my decision. Looks like crackberry.com will probably see a huge drop in traffic by the end of the year.

Sad day!
    03-17-16 12:27 PM
    The Priv is becoming more and more attractive by the day! That's the words of a BB10 die-hard... I will hang on to my Q10 till the bitter end and only jump when I'm pushed, however!

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    03-17-16 12:38 PM
    I wish Face 10 and messenger had push notifications. I was using FB messenger on my PC, and several minutes later I started getting messages I had already replied to sync'd to my phone.
    Face10 with the android messenger app is the best combination ever, IMO! Here is the version number working fine on my device hub notifications in real-time, just google the name and version number to grab the APK!
    Facebook update!-img_20160313_181520.png

03-17-16 12:41 PM
    The Priv is becoming more and more attractive by the day! That's the words of a BB10 die-hard... I will hang on to my Q10 till the bitter end and only jump when I'm pushed, however!

Except the physical keyboard, any reason why priv becomes more and more attractive?

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    03-17-16 12:43 PM
    Except the physical keyboard, any reason why priv becomes more and more attractive?

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    I just mean the concept of owning one becomes more attractive as the days go by, I should've worded it better. To answer your question though, I do think that the aesthetic shots of the devices screen near the bottom looks great when I see those types of images on CrackBerry articles.

03-17-16 12:51 PM
616 ... 1112131415 ...