Try google it?
    How to Import Your Facebook Friends to Google+

Although this needs validation. But I am 100% sure there are possibilities/services for that.

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    I searched the web for this and found the exact same how to. But sadly it won't work anymore. Seems like FB tries everything to not export the contact information.
    03-16-16 01:17 PM
    Didn't anyone read the messages from the update process? When I did the facebook update it notified me that if I will proceed with the update I will lose my account settings and contacts from my device.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 01:42 PM
    I think ya'll should change the thread subject to "Downgrade " lol!

Posted via  Z❿
    Barbareren likes this.
    03-16-16 01:56 PM
    Battery drain with Android FB is a known issue, even on that OS, so it is not specific to BBRY. I have not encountered "huge" battery drain with Face10.
    I have mentioned it is not battery friendly as native one.

03-16-16 02:06 PM
    Considering how quickly this thread is blowing up, this will likely get lost in the shuffle, but:

I bailed on the native app months ago, when it became clear they weren't going to keep up with FB functionality. Biggest was not being able to view replies to comments. Since then I've been using it in browser only.

Instead of upgrading, I simply deleted the native app. Doing so left all my FB contacts in the list, as I did not log out. Whether or not they'll still be there forever, who knows?

I personally never did anything with the contacts that FB added in; anybody that was important to me already existed as a contact prior to me ever using FB on my phone. If they disappeared, it wouldn't mean much to me. However, my wife has gone in and edited those FB contacts to include phone #'s, email addresses, etc. so if hers go away, she'd be unhappy.

Richard
    app_Developer likes this.
    03-16-16 02:27 PM
    Where did BBRY say the updated "app" is an acceptable solution? It is simply a case of it is what it is. No API basically means no functionality for their native app. What else did you expect them to do?
    They got the APIs from Facebook before so I'm pretty sure if they cared to make the effort they could have worked something out again. They simply don't. Nothing BlackBerry has done in the last 6-12 months makes me believe I should give them the benefit of the doubt on that.
    03-16-16 02:36 PM
    I don't understand any of this. Something about FB won't work on April 1, 2016. So, is this an April Fool's joke early?
    03-16-16 02:37 PM
    I've had email reply from MC at BlackBerry. He advises that it was solely Facebook's decision to stop supporting BBOS & BB10.
    He reaffirms BlackBerry's continued support for BlackBerry 10.
    BlackBerry's decision with this current update (mobile experience) was so we wouldn't lose access to Facebook altogether.
    He did however, suggest that us loyal BlackBerry users contact Facebook to voice our concerns.

Posted from my  Zed 10 via CB10
    03-16-16 02:46 PM
    I don't understand the hostility towards Blackberry. Isn't it Facebook that is not releasing the API?
    How is this different from the position SnapChat has taken?
    It seems like the big name apps are going to decide which platforms survive.
    03-16-16 02:47 PM
    facebook is a joke. People showing that they can pay a holiday or restaurant, showing there food and kids and how clean there house or car is and more crazy stuff and sharing all info so that they can earn billions about you. You are the product.

All what facebook is doing making a profile from more than 700 significant points and not only what you are saying but also (more intresting) what other people also saying about you. Whatsapp is a helping hand in this ,also facebook messenger. Best part is that they give you a rate for a lot stuff like your finance, health or sociale behaviour and more thanks to all your friends too.

My advice drop it and kids don't use it before you know after 10 years you get stamped with a profile that is not you.

p.s. you all know. all what you send or sharing is stored on there server and it's there's to copyright your property like foto's for example they care about your privacy, because they make billions on your privacy.

Mark Zuckerberg has allready more money that Steve Jobs had, so now you know privacy pays off
    03-16-16 02:51 PM
    facebook is a joke. People showing that they can pay a holiday or restaurant, showing there food and kids and how clean there house or car is and more crazy stuff and sharing all info so that they can earn billions about you. You are the product.

All what facebook is doing making a profile from more than 700 significant points and not only what you are saying but also (more intresting) what other people also saying about you. Whatsapp is a helping hand in this ,also facebook messenger. Best part is that they give you a rate for a lot stuff like your finance, health or sociale behaviour and more thanks to all your friends too.

My advice drop it and kids don't use it before you know after 10 years you get stamped with a profile that is not you.

p.s. you all know all what you send or sharing is stored on there server and is there's to copyright your property like foto's for example
    Finally! This I can agree.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 02:58 PM
    I don't understand any of this. Something about FB won't work on April 1, 2016. So, is this an April Fool's joke early?
    No, it's the ER which is the April's Fool joke.

Though I doubt many here will appreciate the joke.
    03-16-16 02:59 PM

p.s. you all know. all what you send or sharing is stored on there server and it's there's to copyright your property like foto's for example they care about your privacy, because they make billions on your privacy.

Mark Zuckerberg has allready more money that Steve Jobs had, so now you know privacy pays off
    Yeah, BB doesn't need no stinkin' Facebook App anyway!

Oh, wait...
    03-16-16 03:06 PM
    My wife did this update earlier and she is telling me that it deleted a bunch of her contacts. Did anyone else have the same problem? I haven't had a chance to take a look at the phone but I'm hoping it's something small(like the phone just needs to be restarted or something) and not that I will have to go through and change all of her contacts.

I received the update but haven't had the same problem.
    03-16-16 03:10 PM
    My wife did this update earlier and she is telling me that it deleted a bunch of her contacts. Did anyone else have the same problem? I haven't had a chance to take a look at the phone but I'm hoping it's something small(like the phone just needs to be restarted or something) and not that I will have to go through and change all of her contacts.

I received the update but haven't had the same problem.
    It will remove any Facebook contacts sync'd to the device. I t*shouldn't* remove any local contacts or contacts sync'd from other sources.
    breakingpoint0 likes this.
    03-16-16 03:29 PM
    I've had email reply from MC at BlackBerry. He advises that it was solely Facebook's decision to stop supporting BBOS & BB10.
    BlackBerry's decision with this current update (mobile experience) was so we wouldn't lose access to Facebook altogether.
    He did however, suggest that us loyal BlackBerry users contact Facebook to voice our concerns.

I call BS on this one.
    Yes, their decision on this was so we wouldn't lose access altogether, but it's BS to state that Facebook somehow withheld a critical API. I've done Facebook integration with several apps and their public APIs are very full-featured, and updated regularly. Older versions of APIs are supported for specified periods of time, providing 3rd parties an opportunity to port from deprecated functionality. These end-of-life dates are documented well in advance.
    It is possible that Facebook has new private APIs and is shutting off a number of its public API calls. However, given the number of 3rd party apps that can "log in with Facebook" and post to Facebook, etc ...all via public APIs ...I highly doubt this is the case.
    So the "It's not our fault! Facebook won't give us the APIs!" is pure PR damage control spin.
    Someone at BlackBerry woke up and realized that the BlackBerry Facebook app wasn't going to function anymore because they were using old API calls that were about to be deprecated. And they had no one to bring the app back up to snuff, so the took the only route left available to them ... wrap the browser.
    Has nothing to do with Facebook not supporting BlackBerry. It's BlackBerry no longer investing any development into social networking apps.
    03-16-16 03:33 PM
    It will remove any Facebook contacts sync'd to the device. I t*shouldn't* remove any local contacts or contacts sync'd from other sources.
    Oh fun! Didn't realize this, but sort of guessed it based on comments here. I have just downloaded the update so I haven't gone through all the fun stuff! Kind of sucks they had to do this.

Thanks!
    03-16-16 03:38 PM
    Oh fun! Didn't realize this, but sort of guessed it based on comments here. I have just downloaded the update so I haven't gone through all the fun stuff! Kind of sucks they had to do this.
    This "update" isn't really an update. It removes the old Facebook app and replaces it with a shortcut to the web version.

You lose all hub integration, contact sync, "share to facebook" and other features. I'll miss seeing my friend's Facebook photo show up on the incoming call screen.

Ok, here's a question - does the Facebook app on iOS and Android enable the photo display on incoming calls like in BB10? And does it integrate with the calendar?
    03-16-16 03:41 PM
    Ok, here's a question - does the Facebook app on iOS and Android enable the photo display on incoming calls like in BB10? And does it integrate with the calendar?
    I'm 99% sure Facebook had the same syncing features as we did with contacts(profile pictures, phone numbers, etc) and calendar(birthdays and events) on the other platforms. Heck, I think WP probably has it as well.

Sucks Facebook had to do this with their APIs and as a result BB10 users get the short end of the stick. I don't use Facebook a whole lot so it won't totally be missed, but I was in a few active groups and getting the updates in the HUB was really nice.
    03-16-16 03:56 PM
    No social networking app wants to be part of a hub. Their bread and butter are the ads that they can display while their apps are being used. The Hub is being snuffed out by social networking companies as they yank access to their content from outside their app.
    ssbtech and LuvULongTime like this.
    03-16-16 04:01 PM
    I'm 99% sure Facebook had the same syncing features as we did with contacts(profile pictures, phone numbers, etc) and calendar(birthdays and events) on the other platforms. Heck, I think WP probably has it as well.

Sucks Facebook had to do this with their APIs and as a result BB10 users get the short end of the stick. I don't use Facebook a whole lot so it won't totally be missed, but I was in a few active groups and getting the updates in the HUB was really nice.
    I doubt much that Facebook is "doing this". Facebook's public APIs are very comprehensive and updated regularly. Part of that regular updating is the deprecation, or phasing out, of older APIs ...which they do on a regular basis, and they document the phase-out dates in advance.

BlackBerry doesn't have a Facebook app team anymore ...haven't for a while now. I'd bet my paycheck that this isn't Facebook refusing to give BlackBerry access to APIs, but Facebook phasing out old access points and BlackBerry can't update their app because the team doesn't exist anymore.
    03-16-16 04:04 PM

Email Mr. Clewley and let him know BlackBerry should make it clear on their Facebook/Twitter/Website that Facebook is behind this and not BlackBerry.

BlackBerry is taking a lot of flack for this.
    03-16-16 04:05 PM
    No social networking app wants to be part of a hub. Their bread and butter are the ads that they can display while their apps are being used. The Hub is being snuffed out by social networking companies as they yank access to their content from outside their app.
    Style over function. It's in every aspect of computing these days.
    03-16-16 04:05 PM
    They got the APIs from Facebook before so I'm pretty sure if they cared to make the effort they could have worked something out again. They simply don't. Nothing BlackBerry has done in the last 6-12 months makes me believe I should give them the benefit of the doubt on that.
    They didn't "get" the APIs from Facebook before - Facebook made them open to everyone. They've since changed their stance, and locked them down. They want people to access Facebook from their own apps.
    03-16-16 04:56 PM
    does not open on my priv
    03-16-16 05:36 PM
616 ... 910111213 ...