I downloaded the app and the FB account doesn't show up on it! Any other ideas? maybe I'll just do a phone wipe or something. Any other ideas?

Wow. This is so frustrating. I'm going to go buy an Android phone next week.... I'm sick of this continual degradation in features and performance. If the OS was on maintenance mode then at least things wouldn't get worse. But I every day that passes, I feel it in a downward sprial. Probably not the first nor the last to say it, but: After 8 years and about a dozen blackberries, I'm done.
    Do you have restart your phone?

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876 patched 2813 ART)
    03-16-16 10:54 AM
    This sucks big time. Facebook probably changed the API and the decision of BlackBerry was simply to stop updating their app

Posted via CB10
    Batibreaker likes this.
    03-16-16 10:57 AM
    a work around, to keep your contact sync, do not install the new facebook app from BW, just login through Hub facebook account the contacts will sync, after make a shortcut facebook from web browser
    That's exactly what I thought to do. But the question is - will this work even after 31st of March? And of cause the contact information probably'll never become updated....

So far it would be good to have a way to read out the facebook-contact info and then insert it to your phonebook... But it seems like that's not possible, or at least no dev's there to do such a thing.
    03-16-16 10:58 AM
    No Facebook support at BlackBerry? Thanks Chen. Is there anyway we can get rid of this incompetent !diot?

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren and Batibreaker like this.
    03-16-16 11:09 AM
    The problem with Face10 and Android Facebook apk is huge battery drain compare to old native Facebook. Overall device performance is going to degrade. BlackBerry should stop selling their os10 based devices. It is going to out of track of smartphone market.
    Battery drain with Android FB is a known issue, even on that OS, so it is not specific to BBRY. I have not encountered "huge" battery drain with Face10.
    03-16-16 11:16 AM
    This sucks big time. Facebook probably changed the API and the decision of BlackBerry was simply to stop updating their app
    Or maybe Facebook has not made the APIs available to BBRY?
    03-16-16 11:18 AM
    Looking for the download of "Facebook for Blackberry 10" app latest version with Hub and Contact+Calendar integration..
    This would be greatly appreciated
    I have found an old version in some of the leaked of builds. Blitz for example. No idea what betazone is.

BlackBerry Z30
    03-16-16 11:18 AM
    No joke it's 24MB weighting app that starts browser with facebook.com. LOL

I suppose they did not want to waste time so just instead of create new app, took old and on the start added redirection to browser... Really it's a shame, seems my Q10 will have to be replaced with something Androidy...
    03-16-16 11:19 AM
    Do you have restart your phone?

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876 patched 2813 ART)
    Yup, tried a reset as well.
    At first, tried to restart the hub, no luck.
    then tried a powered down reset, again no luck.

Just lingering there as a reminder of how bad support has become on BB10
    03-16-16 11:19 AM
    No Facebook support at BlackBerry? Thanks Chen. Is there anyway we can get rid of this incompetent !diot?
    You could try applying for his job. I'm sure you have some ideas that would restore BBRY's market share
    03-16-16 11:22 AM
    I deleted Facebook and Twitter some time ago on my OnePlus One. I'm not a heavy user of either, and the Android Facebook app is a known battery drain. In their place I installed Metal, which is a lightweight web wrapper for both services. It works fine for me, and it also sends notifications to the Android notification panel, for what it's worth. It has dark theme and some other nice touches.

I tried it on my Passport briefly last night, but didn't spend a lot of time testing it. I noticed that when I opened it from the icon everything seemed to display properly, but when I opened it from the Hub (notifications do appear in the Hub, at user-selected refresh intervals), it displayed in 16:9 with black bars on the side. Someone else might want to test this more thoroughly; I'm kinda past caring.

I don't know if Face10 is built along the same principles as Metal. If so, it shouldn't be a battery drain unless you have it polling for updates every other minute, I suppose.
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    03-16-16 11:22 AM
    a work around, to keep your contact sync, do not install the new facebook app from BW, just login through Hub facebook account the contacts will sync, after make a shortcut facebook from web browser
    This worked for me too.
    03-16-16 11:33 AM
    well, you allways can import your contacts from FB to gmail or other service and sync them...
    but yeah - this sux

and no, I will no pay extra pounds for android device just for keyboard. no no.
    xiaomi/meizu or any other proper Shinese manufacturer, selling almost flagship specs for ~�100 - I will come to you!!!.
    because android is android - as longs specs are OK, I see NO additional value from BBRY. even keyboard is not worth few hundred pounds/dollars/euros, imho.
    03-16-16 11:52 AM
    well, you allways can import your contacts from FB to gmail or other service and sync them...
    but yeah - this sux
    could you please further evaluate how to do this?
    ddepascal likes this.
    03-16-16 12:06 PM
    Exact mondo! This is something people are forgetting... BlackBerry cannot use facebooks private api's. A company like BlackBerry cannot use those API by means of a hack, especially when "security" is BlackBerries sales pitch.

There is literally nothing BlackBerry can do about this barring offering Facebook,s CEO, Mark Zukerberg, stacks of cash that BlackBerry haven't got.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    03-16-16 12:09 PM
    Why would they do that? Isn't it in Facebook's interest to have as many people as possible using their app as much as possible?
    03-16-16 12:11 PM
    Why would they do that? Isn't it in Facebook's interest to have as many people as possible using their app as much as possible?
    Why maintain a set of public APIs, when Apple and Android have over 97% of the market (and don't need them)?
    03-16-16 12:13 PM
    I don't understand the concerns.

I keep reading here on CB that the browser is better than apps, and that nobody needs apps. I've more than once read here that the need for Apps is just the result of Apple brainwashing. Seems Facebook took those posts to heart and gave you everything you wanted - a browser link.

Or have I misunderstood the importance of Apps?

Tools not Toys.
    Best comment in this thread. Of course the diehards will gladly not agree with you but trust me.. They know it's the truth.

Long live BlackBerry. Long live Android.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv�
    fanisk likes this.
    03-16-16 12:34 PM
    And what would that direction be?
    This has nothing to do with BlackBerry's lack of effort. This is Facbooks work. They also cancelled WhatsApp for BlackBErry and you know why?
    We can actually set our privacy settings, other OS's can't and they (FaceBook) don't like that seeing they live of your personal data.
    Stoppedusing Facebook over 1.5 year ago, never regretted it.
    I also heard that Facebook received the honor of "best spy tool" from CIA.

Posted via CB10
    ppeters914 likes this.
    03-16-16 12:47 PM
    Yup, iOS can set them, and Android with 6.0

Now, I actually agree that they might not be able to data mine. And want to, but I think at this point they get enough data Willi fly given over.

And for every person who doesn't grant them permissions there is a friend who doesn't care.

Why do you think they push to add friends so much?

Posted via overheating lollipop Priv
    Isn't 6.0 Lollipop? A friend of mine said that he is waiting for Marshmallow so he can set what the app can acces in the phone. Until then no facebook app installed on his Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bogdan Tudor Dan; 03-16-16 at 01:04 PM.
    03-16-16 12:50 PM
    BlackBerry next step is to remove twitter, LinkedIn, Hub notification from hub, only thing which will be left is your email accounts, text message, bbm,calls, which is excatly as the corporates want, they don't need facebook or whatsapp to entertained themself... bb10 is now only based on corporate level users and for consumer highly over price Priv

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 12:56 PM
    when opening whatsapp app(native) i see facebook contacts synchonized ,it may helps
    WhatsApp is just reading the contacts list, nothing special.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 01:07 PM
    Maybe we'll see a new FB app when 10.3.3 is launched. They probably needed to create more space by deleting the FB app on all those Q5's for the new OTA 10.3.3 update.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 01:10 PM
    BlackBerry next step is to remove twitter, LinkedIn, Hub notification from hub, only thing which will be left is your email accounts, text message, bbm,calls, which is excatly as the corporates want, they don't need facebook or whatsapp to entertained themself... bb10 is now only based on corporate level users and for consumer highly over price Priv

Posted via CB10
    So what price should the Priv be then I bought the Passport for same price that I bought the Priv and the Priv is a better device in every way except for the OS
    03-16-16 01:11 PM
    could you please further evaluate how to do this?
    Try google it?
    http://m.wikihow.com/Import-Your-Fac...s-to-Google%2B

Although this needs validation. But I am 100% sure there are possibilities/services for that.

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    damien kupuku likes this.
    03-16-16 01:14 PM
616 ... 89101112 ...