Is there any link to get an old version of Facebook downloaded or a way around downloading an older version ?
    Get it from betazone.
    Rendergroup likes this.
    03-16-16 05:14 AM
    What's behind the 24 mb short cut??

Maybe most of it is the uninstaller.
    Last edited by ubizmo; 03-16-16 at 08:06 AM.
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-16-16 05:14 AM
    No words really..
    03-16-16 05:36 AM
    Installed the update last night, HAD A LAUGH and then reinstalled the previous version of Facebook. Patiently waiting till 31st of March.

I really don't care about the FB APP in general, what matters most is contact sync!!!
    03-16-16 05:41 AM
    As a long time Blackberry user, I have seen a lot of changes throughout the years with this company and they still have failed to communicate and listen to what the consumer has asked for time and time again, so this is to be expected folks.
    03-16-16 05:49 AM
    I really don't care about the FB APP in general, what matters most is contact sync!!!
    signed!

So is there a way to save the contact info from FB to the real contact app, while the app still works?
    03-16-16 05:50 AM
    signed!

So is there a way to save the contact info from FB to the real contact app, while the app still works?
    I wish there was !!!
    03-16-16 05:59 AM
    Wait for it......."blackberry will still continue to support fully bb10, we are fully committed to bb10"...or some bs line like that will appear
    03-16-16 06:06 AM
    And what would that direction be?
    This has nothing to do with BlackBerry's lack of effort. This is Facbooks work. They also cancelled WhatsApp for BlackBErry and you know why?
    We can actually set our privacy settings, other OS's can't and they (FaceBook) don't like that seeing they live of your personal data.
    Stoppedusing Facebook over 1.5 year ago, never regretted it.
    As I said previously they can't suck your personal data from blackberry phones and don't forget a lot of their revenue comes from advertising which they do not control in third-party apps.‎

It's all about the money. ‎

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 06:09 AM
    I don't get it, why 24mb for a browser shortcut and fake screenshot photos? Why won't just kill it and say everyone to create shortcut with browser by themselves with "+Add to Home Screen" button?
    Barbareren likes this.
    03-16-16 06:11 AM
    Wait for it......."blackberry will still continue to support fully bb10, we are fully committed to bb10"...or some bs line like that will appear
    Not BlackBerry's fault. Blame facebook's slimeball founder. He axes whatsapp, now facebook's bb10 api, keeps the android API to himself. Selfish right?
    03-16-16 06:20 AM
    Not BlackBerry's fault. Blame facebook's slimeball founder. He axes whatsapp, now facebook's bb10 api, keeps the android API to himself. Selfish right?
    Wtf did I just read

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer and Rello like this.
    03-16-16 06:22 AM
    Wtf did I just read

Posted via CB10
    You have now entered the twilight zone.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    03-16-16 06:51 AM
    You have now entered the twilight zone.
    Still a better love story than.. oh, wait

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren likes this.
    03-16-16 07:04 AM
    signed!

Well there is a way, and only works with Mac How to automatically add Facebook photos to your Contacts with OS X Mavericks | iMore but FB contacts gets synced with your local contacts and that in turn syncs with gmail and then to your device !

Its a long shot but Im not going to try it till the 31st of March
    03-16-16 07:05 AM
    Actually, I'm curious how Nemory is doing it, and if we should expect Face10 to continue working into the future, or if there's a potential chance that it could be cut off as well.
    How Face10 holds up in the next couple months will influence my decision to purchase an android device.

A few are saying that we shouldn't worry about not having facebook, but it's a massive thing. Facebook, for many out there is one of the only channels of contact with certain people. A mobile phone is a communication device, and all said and done. In fact, we are already limited in terms of that when you look at the messaging platforms not available to us already, SnapChat comes to mind.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    Kesharik4, bakron1 and PygmySurfer like this.
    03-16-16 07:13 AM
    It works in my z10 as well. Thanks
    BTW Facebook lite app from the play store also works.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 07:23 AM
    I am glad I switched to priv. I do not get headaches like that anymore
    app_Developer likes this.
    03-16-16 07:48 AM
    I think this answers the question to "does blackberry 10 have a future?" asked in the forums.
    Sad to see this outcome
    03-16-16 07:51 AM
    I offer everyone to delete this piece of crap Browser Shortcut from device and BBW "available" list. Blackberry can go **** themselfs with whese type of "updates". I don't understand them at all, can't just Chen go to Mark with box of vodka, tequila, whiskey or whatever and make a deal?
    jimmyhagg and Barbareren like this.
    03-16-16 08:01 AM
    I don't get it, why 24mb for a browser shortcut and fake screenshot photos? Why won't just kill it and say everyone to create shortcut with browser by themselves with "+Add to Home Screen" button?
    I speculate (a couple of posts above) that the reason for the 24MB is the part that uninstalls the native FB app and account from BB10. I admit that's a stretch.
    03-16-16 08:09 AM
    I was wondering the same thing. Why such a big file if it's just a shortcut? Perhaps it has features that are yet to be implemented.
    Is it actually a separate browser installation instead of just a shortcut

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 08:14 AM
    I don't understand the concerns.

I keep reading here on CB that the browser is better than apps, and that nobody needs apps. I've more than once read here that the need for Apps is just the result of Apple brainwashing. Seems Facebook took those posts to heart and gave you everything you wanted - a browser link.

Or have I misunderstood the importance of Apps?

Tools not Toys.
    03-16-16 08:34 AM
    So if I have Face 10 and the Facebook Messenger installed, then I do not need the original Facebook app right?

Before I kept the original Facebook app around because of the contact integration, but now that that is gone, there is no need for the BlackBerry Facebook app?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 08:47 AM
    signed!

I'm also looking for a way to do this.
    03-16-16 08:52 AM
616 ... 678910 ...