So has anyone attempted to contact BlackBerry to voice their concerns? (I have)
    Spinning your wheels here will get no where.

Posted from my  Zed 10 via CB10
    03-15-16 04:04 PM
    @$30 USD, the Lumina 640 is looking mighty nice to have around as a spare.
    FB runs perfectly on WP... and for 30 bucks...

And so it begins, who'd have thought that Apps would start to disappear from BB10? *cough*
    Jay Wright2 and LuvULongTime like this.
    03-15-16 04:07 PM
    Any way to save or back up Facebook contacts before they are deleted? I have a lot of Facebook contacts linked together with other full contact info...and some that were contacts before they became linked with Facebook contact. What a disaster......

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren likes this.
    03-15-16 04:19 PM
    Thats it for my trusty old launch Q10, then. Lasted longer than most phones and could have gone on longer if it was not for software support. Coincides with the iPhone SE release date around there somewhere. Bye bye BB.
    03-15-16 05:02 PM
    Wow, I swore I was going to ride my classic and passport to the grave, but it looks like the grave is here way sooner than expected. hub integration, ok... hate to see it go since it was so flaky anyway, but... contact synchronization with perfect profile photo matching with names and the likes? that's a dealbreaker for me, ****!! this makes me so sad...
    Barbareren likes this.
    03-15-16 05:14 PM
    Man I'm rattled about this, now watch me get an iphone and in 3 years apple turns iOS into an obsolete operating system and something newer comes out lol...

Posted via CB10
    FabriciusFab likes this.
    03-15-16 05:14 PM
    Things are getting ugly and real...!!!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    You think? Smh

The BlackBerry Guy
    03-15-16 05:49 PM
    Meh. We'll be fine. Just deactivate your Facebook account..
    anon(5990673) likes this.
    03-15-16 05:49 PM
    @$30 USD, the Lumina 640 is looking mighty nice to have around as a spare.
    Exactly! Been using one for about 3 months now. I kinda like it. And the Facebook app works fine on my Lumia 640. Still got my Q10 for email, text, etc. Will be carrying around both for awhile.

The BlackBerry Guy
    03-15-16 05:57 PM
    Meh. We'll be fine. Just deactivate your Facebook account..
    Yes. Tools, not toys. All is well as long as you can call, text, and email... Like my 9900.
    Welcome to the legacy era.

*C5303
    JeepBB and StephanieMaks like this.
    03-15-16 06:40 PM
    Official Facebook App for BlackBerry Update News: Facebook for BlackBerry 10 has been updated, but you're not going to like it | CrackBerry.com

Facebook App has been updated. But was replaced with a simple shortcut to the Facebook Mobile Site. But because of this, the app will now lose most of the great functionalities. Like Headless Hub Integrated Notifications, Hub Messenger, Contacts Sync and Calendars Sync and more.

This is another blow to BlackBerry. But don't worry because Nemory Studios is still here committed in bringing more apps and updates to the BlackBerry 10 Platform.

Expect another Face10 Update sometime this week or next week.

Here's the Facebook Messenger replacement: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...tent/52509887/

And Face10 is the replacement for the Facebook App that's native, fast, smooth and with great features and integration.
    03-15-16 06:40 PM
    Official Facebook App for BlackBerry Update News: Facebook for BlackBerry 10 has been updated, but you're not going to like it | CrackBerry.com

Facebook App has been updated. But was replaced with a simple shortcut to the Facebook Mobile Site. But because of this, the app will now lose most of the great functionalities. Like Headless Hub Integrated Notifications, Hub Messenger, Contacts Sync and Calendars Sync and more.

This is another blow to BlackBerry. But don't worry because Nemory Studios is still here committed in bringing more apps and updates to the BlackBerry 10 Platform.

Expect another Face10 Update sometime this week or next week.

Here's the Facebook Messenger replacement: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...tent/52509887/

And Face10 is the replacement for the Facebook App that's native, fast, smooth and with great features and integration.
    Nemory, I have a few of your products. You're doing a great job. I will try the Face 10 app out for a few days, then I will purchase the pro version. Looks like you'll be seeing a lot of downloads and extra cash soon! Best Of luck!

The BlackBerry Guy
    03-15-16 06:45 PM
    @nemory
    Can you bring back the contacts and calendar integration???

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876 patched 2813 ART)
    ssbtech likes this.
    03-15-16 06:48 PM
    For me the contact sync is important. Now I might lose some numbers that I added to the Facebook contacts. Any work around to still sync the contacts ?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 07:01 PM
    I think this is a very good showing of how much BlackBerry plans on "supporting" BB10 in the future. I suspect 10.3.3 will happen since it's already far in development but without new features and any updates after that (if they even happen) will be security patches only if needed.

The fact that they even thought this was an acceptable solution blows my mind. Yeah the browser is good at displaying the mobile site but not having push notifications is a huge downgrade.

I plan on not installing this update and seeing what happens after the end of this month. I'm hoping either they're blowing smoke and it continues to work or the app continues to function enough for the contacts/events syncing on existing devices. Face10/Messenger handle the rest of my needs at this point including Hub Integration.
    03-15-16 07:03 PM
    I'm so sad. I have to admit, when I first got my Q10, I wasn't overly keen on the contacts and calendar integration but I've come to rely on and use them. And, I loved integration in the hub. So much simpler that the i and android devices I use as well. Now the calendar and contacts are gone and I'm sad.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 07:17 PM
    it sucks that BB10 won't get notifications. TBH, when I had my Z30, i used to just look at the notifications then open them in the browser.
    Barbareren and barbwyr like this.
    03-15-16 07:34 PM
    Fun fact:

The BlackBerry PlayBook now offers better Facebook integration than BB10.

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed.
    OK, so how do we get the PlayBook OS onto our phones?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 07:47 PM
    BlackBerry should have simply left it alone to still permit contact sync and photo sharing.
    kertong likes this.
    03-15-16 07:47 PM
    I think this is a very good showing of how much BlackBerry plans on "supporting" BB10 in the future.
    This is all on Facebook - the BB10 app was using deprecated APIs that Facebook is now discontinuing.

My understanding is that it's no longer possible to write a 3rd party Facebook client with official APIs - you have to either scrape HTML, or reverse engineer Facebook's private APIs.

Actually, I'm curious how Nemory is doing it, and if we should expect Face10 to continue working into the future, or if there's a potential chance that it could be cut off as well.
    03-15-16 07:49 PM
    I have the Pro version of Face10 and just bought Messenger.

I find Face10 to be painfully slow to load content, often causing the app to freeze. I'd also like to see the photo sharing system simpler, it seems complicated and requires too many "think" steps.

Thanks for your effort to bring Face10 to BB10!
    03-15-16 07:49 PM
    BlackBerry should have simply left it alone to still permit contact sync and photo sharing.
    And what if Facebook was revoking API access for BlackBerry, as is the case here.

Leaving it alone would have resulted in errors and users left hanging.

At the very least, BlackBerry got ahead of the issue and have given users the next-best option going forward.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 07:50 PM
    Wow, this **** is getting real... now how am i supposed to upload a video? I liked the FB integration and the option to upload videos T.T
    You can do it with the desktop browser setting, just not quick

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 07:52 PM

Actually, I'm curious how Nemory is doing it, and if we should expect Face10 to continue working into the future, or if there's a potential chance that it could be cut off as well.
    I'm sure he's used a ton of workarounds. Given that Facebook seems to be clamping down on how it's product is accessed, I'd say sooner or later they're bound to start coming after unauthorized third-party apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 07:55 PM
    Leaving it alone would have resulted in errors and users left hanging.
    What BlackBerry should have done was replace the app with one stating that it's Facebook pulling the plug so users know who to send glitter bombs to.
    03-15-16 08:01 PM
616 ... 34567 ...